PlanetSide - How much Longer? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTF, I got wallhacked.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-11-21, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-11-21, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by Gryphon
For me, I will probably play it until Tribes: Venegeance comes out. If T:V gets owned by the TW cry babies, probably longer.
I feel the same way. TW needs nuked.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2003-11-21, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
It will last until the next Massively Multiplayer Online Combat Game is released, at least.
I concur. I can't imagine going back to a game that allows a max of 64 players in one server. And even then, I rarely played a game with over 50 players that didn't lag to hell. 40 was about the max playable, and that's just not enough to get me excited. And since, according to PC Gamer, there are 0 MMOFPS games even in design phase or planned right now, I imagine PS will be it for several years. I do hope someone comes along and improves on the model and makes one even better. Then I'll play that.

And I can tell you that ALOT of people in school are not playing at all right now. I've got several outfit member that have been awol since september, but said they'd play when school was out. I can think of like 5 just off the top of my head. So I think we should be patient, and see what the populations are like over Thanksgiving weekend, and winter break, then adjust our predictions. But right now, I think PS is going to be fine for a long time. I'd love more players, but it's still fun.
Old 2003-11-21, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

PlanetSide - How much Longer?
Me love you long time!
Old 2003-11-21, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
delta
First Sergeant

PS is going to go for a few more years at least I think.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2003-11-21, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Aen
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Liquidtide
I agree as well, which makes me look forward to when all you kiddies are off for winter break... bring the zerg!

~Tide
Old 2003-11-21, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Laeritides
Staff Sergeant

If they continue to fix the bugs and improve the game. It will be around for many years.
Old 2003-11-21, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

i nevah want PS to go away....this is my life.
Old 2003-11-21, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Consider this. Plenty of shit games still have active servers. The Delta Force series, for example. Delta Force Land Warrior was rampant with cheaters, TF: Dagger was hacked and cheat-exploited within an hour of being available online, and BlackHawk Down? Yeah lemme shut my pie-hole.

Battlefield 1942... I never really knew much about cheats for this game, and I don't recall anyone ever accusing anyone of cheating. Before that was Wolfenstein, and the same goes for that. I may be mistaken- but I never got into forum-browsing for these games, since I was using them as skill-honers for Planetside's eventual release.

But. You cannot deny the suckiness of these games COMPARED TO Planetside. Whether that be Planetside the game, Planetside the concept, Planetside That Never Was, Planetside That Which Was Promised...

You simply CANNOT beat this type and genre of game with 32-person or 64-person servers with limited weapons and "certifications", two teams, and timed missions. Only skill-less, narrowminded whining pantywaisted idiots will fail to grasp how revolutionary this concept is, how rare this concept is (at the moment), and what Planetside has done in the way of opening doors for new game types. Sure, you can play some console game with a bunch of other people, but to me? No thanks.

I'm sticking with this game for a long time to come, and I'll be the last man standing if they ever pull the plug (as in, riding the storm out, not professing eliteness).
Old 2003-11-21, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm sticking with this game for a long time to come, and I'll be the last man standing if they ever pull the plug (as in, riding the storm out, not professing eliteness).
And ill be standing next to you with a jackhammer pointed at ur skull. Heh, ill never leave PS...EVER! Not until population is down to nearly 0. PFFT!
Old 2003-11-21, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

That won't be me. It will be a ghost glitch.

Which you'll realize about the time that you see this:

Firefly [boomer killswitch icon] Dscytherulez
Old 2003-11-21, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Im playing till its gone. And then im going to be one of the people who refuses to stop paying the monthly fee till it reopens.

It never has to die! Its happenend in the past with other games. With games as loved as this one atleast. And they can alway redo the graphics and probly every other part of the game to keep up with graphics to keep it modern, or allow you to choose like in Homeworld so you can do the one you like.And there are thousands/Endless suttle game designs they can add to htis game to keep it forever. This game is designed to be added on to. And none of htem have to change gameplay.

I think this game is just in its innitial rev up.

They can always make the continents bigger in a few years as comps can hold more people or just add moons or other planets "in the search for the Ancients" for instance, and add more fighting worlds as well while keeping auraxis in its original game design and political situation.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-21 at 05:49 PM.
Old 2003-11-21, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Once PS2 comes out, PS will die.
Old 2003-11-21, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Eh, anyway, in the end I doubt PS will ever die. It seems that with these games, the smaller the customer base gets, the more loyal they become. If PS ever got into a lot of trouble with low customers, they'd still be able to rely on a solid core of players who're all very proud of themselves for being able to stick it out and have fun with the game despite general dissatisfaction. So I doubt PS will ever die. Indeed, I doubt many MMOGs will ever die.
Old 2003-11-21, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

When I can hack every single base on Auraxis by myself, and turn around to see nothing but red continent locks on every single continent, then I will be done with Planetside.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion