Nexus Battle Island - First Look Video Series - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sleep is for the weak...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-09-17, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Nexus Battle Island - First Look Video Series

Hi all!

Below you'll find video links to 3 different parts of my Nexus first look videos. I wanted to go ahead and get these videos out there sooner rather than later, as I was one of a handful of players who had the privilege of fighting on Nexus last Thursday in the first 48v48 focus test. In general, I absolutely love the Nexus and it feels very rightfully inspired by both Esamir 2.0 and Hossin, which I think is great! I'm very excited for it and the future of competitive battle islands and MLG in PlanetSide 2. Look out for Nexus to start popping up on Community Clash starting tomorrow (Wednesday 9/18) at 9pm EST right here on twitch.tv/agntv, as well as possibly in the War Report Sundays at 7pm EST on twitch.tv/mlg as well. Now that we have more of a hands-on look, let me know what you guys think -- and *REMEMBER* this is very, VERY early stage and even though it feels great when you're playing it, things are likely to change so don't go crazy on the forums and such just yet!

This is part 1/3 of my Nexus first look videos, covering just the map of the Nexus, all 9 of the bases, their lattice link connections, the symmetry between the bases in the Northeast and Southwest, and the unique bases in the center. In this video, I analyze the map the entire time (no gameplay, check other videos below for that!) and talk about some strategizing for a 48v48 player setting when you still have a continent as massive as this to work with.

This is part 2/3 of my Nexus first look videos, covering all 9 bases of the Nexus itself, primarily from the air as a flyby overview. In this video, I fly over each base give my opinion on them and the continent as a whole.

This is part 3/3 of my Nexus first look videos, covering the major unique bases of the Nexus (Arazek, Bitter Gorge, Granitehead) and a look at some of the mirrored bases (Alpha/Omega and the corner outposts) from a ground perspective (both infantry and ground vehicle). In this video, I walk around on foot at some of the most compelling infantry bases and give my opinion on them and the continent as a whole. I also grab a Harasser later in the video and drive around a few major bases to give a feel of what the approach is like in a ground vehicle.

Lastly, I apologize for the "Station Cash giveaway" text and the webcam in two of the videos, but as I mentioned, Nexus is not available for public access atm and I had to use footage from my stream Thursday night which I then commentated over. That said, sorry about that (and the sub-optimal quality from re-rendering it), but I would have made a fresh overview with higher graphic settings if given the opportunity. Perhaps in the future if/when Nexus receives updates and goes public!

Thanks all for watching and for any and all support for my various social media channels! It is much appreciated!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion