News: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time! - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: it makes me orgasm.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

Re: Beta Producers Letter and free PlanetSide 1 Game Time!

so inactive accounts don't get 30 days free?
Old 2012-06-26, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #92
Policenaut
Sergeant

Disappointed there's no solid dates, but at least I can enter in my computer specs now, so that's some progress.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Ok anybody outside the U.S managed to get to this survey or is this just the way they are excluding europeans from the initial stages of beta?

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #94
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Ok anybody outside the U.S managed to get to this survey or is this just the way they are excluding europeans from the initial stages of beta?
Wait what? It doesn't work for brits too?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Anderz
Master Sergeant

In Australia here and the survey worked fine. Using Firefox, if that means anything.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #96
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I manged to but when I press sign up again, the survey just resets and I'm not sure if my answers got submitted.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I'll tell you what I expected. Beta this week. Not because of my own estimations (I thought beta would be in September and posted such), but rather based on what I took from Higby's comments at E3. To find out you guys are still internally testing for equipment specs is a little bit of a let down.

I hope you are not losing marketing momentum. Using these boards as a gauge of interest, we went from 500 users monitoring these boards during E3 to only 100 or so now three weeks later.

Summer would be the perfect time to start a beta, for obvious reasons and I would hate to see that opportunity lost.

Finally, there is the free PS1 time. A nice gesture, and harmless as long as you don't offer a 7 day free trial. Having non ps players play PS1 may turn them off to PS2.

I personally don't have the time to load PS1 and would rather play a game like BF3 that has closer game mechanics to what PS2 will be than set myself back playing PS1 (no offense).

Again, the PS1 free time is a nice gesture, but I don't think we should assume that this will placate some of us.
You really need to learn a few things about games:

Betas dont start when you want to. Betas start when the game is ready for it. They could annouce that beta starts tommorow, but if the game just crashes every time you try to login, then the whole thing is pretty pointless anyway.

Folks, to all of you: Stop waiting. Give up, it makes no sense and just drives you crazy. The beta will start sooner or later, but it starts at some point. Thats the only truth there is about betas. No date or even a random guess would make you feel any better. Just chill, enjoy PS1 if you can or play whatever else, spend your time here on the forums raging about stuff, or just enjoy the last few weeks of time with your Girlfriend, before the leaves you because you spend all day infront of the PC.

There will be the day when we all play beta, then open beta, then release. So dont worry.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #98
razor851
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Exmortius View Post
so inactive accounts don't get 30 days free?
Are you trolling?

Join the PlanetSide Steam Group!
Old 2012-06-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
demonicale
Sergeant

I'm ENGLISH, and i can say that yes, the survey worked fine for me.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
bjorntju1
Captain

I did, and I am from the EU.

ot:

Damn, I really thought we were getting a date or something, kinda dissapointed by this...

And what do they mean with this?

We will be inviting as many of our existing PlanetSide 1 players as we can into the early phases of Beta determined by a number of different factors,
So does that mean that not every PS vet will get in in the early phases?

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-26 at 10:53 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by oosik View Post
Hamma,

One line: ensure your contact information and computer specs are up to date

How do we do the computer specs thing? I don't see where to do that in account info.
Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Wait what? It doesn't work for brits too?
Not the way i've followed both the normal route and that direct link, something is smelling of VS here.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-26, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
I'll tell you what I expected. Beta this week. Not because of my own estimations (I thought beta would be in September and posted such), but rather based on what I took from Higby's comments at E3. To find out you guys are still internally testing for equipment specs is a little bit of a let down.

I hope you are not losing marketing momentum. Using these boards as a gauge of interest, we went from 500 users monitoring these boards during E3 to only 100 or so now three weeks later.

Summer would be the perfect time to start a beta, for obvious reasons and I would hate to see that opportunity lost.

Finally, there is the free PS1 time. A nice gesture, and harmless as long as you don't offer a 7 day free trial. Having non ps players play PS1 may turn them off to PS2.

I personally don't have the time to load PS1 and would rather play a game like BF3 that has closer game mechanics to what PS2 will be than set myself back playing PS1 (no offense).

Again, the PS1 free time is a nice gesture, but I don't think we should assume that this will placate some of us.
As someone who watches this boards traffic second to probably only Hamma, I'm going to respectively disagree about the forum traffic. I spend a sizable portion of my day watching Social Media and forum traffic. Are we where we were at E3? No. That is the Super Bowl of gaming. It's almost unobtainable at any other point.

If this announcement wasn't clear, external Beta is practically here. We aren't dating it, but it's out there now.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #103
Infektion
Sergeant Major

good thing i'm a cheapskate and haven't resubbed

<= winning
Old 2012-06-26, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #104
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by basti View Post
just enjoy the last few weeks of time with your Girlfriend, before she leaves you because you spend all day infront of the PC.

There will be the day when we all play beta, then open beta, then release. So dont worry.
I sent my GF off to Caucassus on vacation 'till mid-august, solely because of PS2 *giggles*

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #105
rTekku
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I can't remember ever seeing a company provide a specific Beta date (if it happens it must be rare). They do announce they are entering closed Beta (and that's effectively what we are doing today) but NDA's and dates are never made public.

I wish we could provide you more, but that's just not how game Betas are done unfortunately.
Many game companies announce specific beta dates.

A game i'm currently playing now, PSO2, they released specific dates for the CB, pre-OB, and OB.

And for a game everyone is probably more familiar with, BF3, they had a specific date as well.

A lot of companies do what we were expecting SOE to do. Say "beta will be starting around x time" and then as time draws closer, "beta will start on x date".
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion