Auraxis Global Network Discussion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Boom...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2002-12-24, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Marsman
Major

Auraxis Global Network Discussion

Welcome to the AGN (Auraxis Global Network)

Read about it here.

Comments?
Old 2002-12-24, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

How would you be able to cover every single server? Other than that, it sounds awesome!

EDIT - However, why is his voice so messed up?

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-24, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
diluted
Major

the project is just way too huge. i like the idea but ehh too news-ey. i like the idea but a couple changes need to made. no "live broadcasts" and reports and crap like that. just stats on the empires and their progress. big base capture reports, stuff like that. at first i thought it would be how reallly really good commanders (high cmd rank) could broadcast through the entire planet, to all the forces.
Old 2002-12-24, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I think you should make it a flash cartoon instead

Old 2002-12-24, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
diluted
Major

i just downloaded the mp3. lol its really weird - btw you say "planetside residents" its auraxis.
ahh i just dunno man. its a cool idea
Old 2002-12-24, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Have any of you ever heard a shoutsasted Tribes match? Live would deffinately be exciting, and the way you cover diffrent servers is to have reporters on each one. Or do a show like Sports center that reports from all servers every few hours.

This is going to be fun.
Old 2002-12-24, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

I still wanna know why the voices are all weird...

Old 2002-12-24, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Marsman
Major

Sony is supposed to provide a web site that will detail the current statistics on the empires and outfits. This will be a source of news, etc.. What we do with this is totally up to the community. If someone wants to call the action from the battle front - that's cool. If you want to write a news story and post a screenshot of your outfit's great battle - that great too. If we want to get on-air and discuss aspects of the game in a call-in talk show - that's awesome also. This is an open forum for the community to be creative and have an audio expecience with the game. We can do as much or as little as you all want.
Old 2002-12-24, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Why won't anyone answer my question???

Old 2002-12-24, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Marsman
Major

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
I still wanna know why the voices are all weird...
It was just an effort to give some different sounds to voice parts recorded. Not a professional studio here This was all done with simple tools on a pc.
Old 2002-12-24, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

pssst......it's Marsman's voice, so he proabbly doesn't think it's weird. Personally I think he sounds like Barry White. I just want him to say "Hey Baby, come get some loven Planetside style" or something
Old 2002-12-24, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Marsman
Major

Old 2002-12-24, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Marsman
Major

Originally posted by Jinxmasta
How would you be able to cover every single server?
Well you couldn't, not on one shoutcast station but if "live" coverage is something players find interesting, each regional server could have it's own regional shoutcast station bringing you live action on that server. Current games already have large networks with multiple casters all doing different casts of matches, sometimes ever over multiple games. It can be as varied as the community is willing to participate in.
Old 2002-12-24, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Marsman's incredibly far-sighted idea is a massive undertaking that is easily accomplished with the right people in place.

PSU will find those people because we have found some of them already. The imagination is a vast expanse that humanity has never found the depth nor end.

Marsman's imagination and intuitiveness is legendary within the -CDL- and within the small group that knows him so well. You watch and see what he is capable of. It will blow your socks off.

Mars, you quite simply rock bro.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2002-12-24, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
�io
Lieutenant General

I think is as a lot of potentiel. I agree with the flash thing.

What i would think would be perfect is a AGN.com site. The main page would include, among others things :

Official reports : Sony aproved reporters from each empire and each server who would tell their view on what's happenning.(more regional and personal then AGN updates)

-Media: Posted text, images, in game movies.

Public submissions : News reports from anybody willing to post them. Inspected by staff before posting obviously as to keep spam, vulgar language or pics and stuff like that out.

-Media: Posted text, images, in game movies.

Official AGN news update : Short 5-10min Flash animation with 1 or 2 anchorpersons telling us the recent important events worldwide (i.e. for all the empires and servers, more international and professional then the official reports).

-Media: Posted text, images, in game movies, flash animations and/or other types of movies and animations.

Stats-Xpress : No chit-chat, numbers and only numbers. Stats of every player, squad, outfit and empire on Auraxis classified by servers, empires, outfits, squads, age, e-mail,etc,etc,etc.

-Media : Up-to-date Stat board.

Forums : This is where the people of Auraxis talk about any of the prebviously mentioned medias may it be the last AGN update a few days ago or the Publis submission about a new squad just posted a few hours ago. This would be the only place where anybody can post freelly as to keep the other news sections clean and organized.

And any other info they want. Links to fan sites, fan fiction(RP stories) etc etc etc
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion