medium armor as vehicle gunners? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Friends? Psshhh I got PlanetSide.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-01-25, 01:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Bighoss
General

medium armor as vehicle gunners?

I've heard that somone in medium armor can be the gunner a buggy or something but somone in agile must drive this true?
Old 2003-01-25, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I am not sure if we know exactly what reinforced armors piloting limitations are.

We do know that agile can pilot anything. Since reinforced can pilot some things, I would guess that a buggy would probebly be one of those things.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-01-25, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Yes, light vehicles like a buggy can likely be piloted by someone in Reinforced armor, if that armor can pilot anything at all. However, the heavier vehicles likely cannot be piloted by them, for the express reason that having a tank inside a tank tends to make for someone packing a bit too much firepower.
Old 2003-01-25, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Bighoss
General

Crunchy on the outside nice and chewy on the inside
Old 2003-01-25, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Camping Carl
Major

I have a feeling only the more open vehicles, like the harraser can be occupied by reinforced armor. Tho, now that I think about it, I don't remember seeing any pics of rein. armors inside vehicles, whether they be driver, passenger, or gunner.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-25, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Warborn
Yes, light vehicles like a buggy can likely be piloted by someone in Reinforced armor, if that armor can pilot anything at all. However, the heavier vehicles likely cannot be piloted by them, for the express reason that having a tank inside a tank tends to make for someone packing a bit too much firepower.
Is this speculation or did I miss a dev update? (if I did mis a dev update, you wouldn't happen to know where I can find it?)

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-01-25, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SmokeJumper
PlanetSide Dev

Reinforced armor can pilot/drive any "open" cockpit vehicles (like the various buggies), but can't drive "closed" cockpit vehicles.

Agile armor can pilot/drive anything.

Reinforced armor can be a gunner at any position on any vehicle.

I think that answers everything.
Old 2003-01-25, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

HAHA Smokey Strikes again!

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-01-25, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SmokeJumper
Reinforced armor can pilot/drive any "open" cockpit vehicles (like the various buggies), but can't drive "closed" cockpit vehicles.

Well that answers my question.

Old 2003-01-25, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shiver
Master Sergeant

Time to update the armors page again, ty Dave ... giving me more work and all
Old 2003-01-25, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

But how does that help if medium armors are able to gun and light armors can drive? So if you're blowing up a tank a medium armor gunning it can pop out and own your ass in a few shots. Isn't the purpose of having lights driving to not let that happen? I mean a medium with a jackhammer in an nc vanguard can just pop out at any time and take out the guys shooting it in 1 or 2 shots.
Old 2003-01-25, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
�io
Lieutenant General

Ah sweet sweet PS info!

Thanks Smokey! Can't wait to get you (and maybe others from your staff? ) in our AGN shoutcast!
Old 2003-01-25, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Venoxile
But how does that help if medium armors are able to gun and light armors can drive? So if you're blowing up a tank a medium armor gunning it can pop out and own your ass in a few shots. Isn't the purpose of having lights driving to not let that happen? I mean a medium with a jackhammer in an nc vanguard can just pop out at any time and take out the guys shooting it in 1 or 2 shots.
Tanks may be the exception, or better yet, the pilot is also the gunner on tanks, like BF1942.
Old 2003-01-26, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
quiet
Staff Sergeant

I can relate to your concern, I can be pretty vicious hopping in and out of my own tank in BF1942 and it never seems quite fair. However, just limiting armor wouldn't help that much anyways, what PS really needs is vehicle enter/exit animations so that instead of just popping out crew would be realistically vulnerable for a couple seconds.

Wait a minute, PS already has enter/exit animations.
Old 2003-01-26, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

If there are a bunch of guys trying to take out the tank, the reinforced gunner should stay in and use the gun.

If he gets out, he is going to be targeted by everyone who was shooting at the tank and will die pretty quickly. While he is out, the gun won't be firing.

If one reinforced guy is able to get out of the tank, own your attacking force, get back in, and resume manning the tank's guns, then you didn't bring enough guys.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion