Has Anyone Ever Been Banned Or Suspended On PS2? Please Help! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If you got it, flaunt it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-01, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ImperatorBellus
Private

Exclamation Has Anyone Ever Been Banned Or Suspended On PS2? Please Help!

This is my second time being suspended, I am not sure if it is a suspension or a ban. When I was playing it said "Session expired" and I was disconnected. I tried to go back in game but I got this message.

I thought I was banned forever because of this.

http://i.imgur.com/BWR3oMA.jpg

I was swearing at a girl in game, I like to act silly in Proximiy chat sometimes for fun and I suppose she reported me. Some idiot was also pming me saying hes a police officer and was gonna get a Subpoena and contact SOE so the police can arrest me for online sexual harassment. I will stop acting so silly and swearing in proximity chat and insulting others for fun.

So I went into my email and it says I am suspended for 8 days, it also says I can reply but it won't let me login because it says "Your account is currently suspended. For more information, please click here."

This is the email I got from SOE.

**REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE** Please use the link below to open this ticket and add a reply.

If we do not hear back from you within 7 days, we will assume that your issue has been resolved, and your incident will be marked as solved.

Thank you for allowing us to be of assistance!

To update or respond to this ticket, please visit our support site at help.soe.com.

Subject
Your PlanetSide 2 Account

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Game Master) 08/01/2014 04:50 AM
Greetings,

GM Cedian here. It has come to our attention that you have used inappropriate language in chat. Please note that this type of language is a violation of our Code of Conduct and for these violations your account has been suspended for 8 days. Please take this time away from PlanetSide 2 to review our Code of Conduct. Further violations of our Code of Conduct may result in permanent account termination.

[PS2] Code of Conduct
http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33614

If you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.

Best of luck,
GM Cedian
Sony Online Entertainment, LLC

Stay up to date on the latest news and developments!
https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php

If you wish to take a satisfaction survey, please follow this link: https://soe.typeform.com/to/yeFjlF

Incident Reference #140801-000227
Product Level 1: PlanetSide 2
Category Level 1: In-Game Issues
Category Level 2: Community Standards
Date Created: 08/01/2014 04:42 AM
Last Updated: 08/01/2014 04:50 AM
Station Name:
Server: Connery

So am I banned and they just didn't tell me the real reason? Or is it really a 8 day suspension? I suspect I might be banned because it says I am banned, has anyone else been suspended before and it says they are banned in the launcher?
Old 2014-08-01, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Banned Or Suspended On PS2? Please Help!

Apparently the only time they ban people is when people use the word "kitchen" or "sandwich".

If a girl says sexist shit against a guy, nothing is done.
But one mention of a culinary delight or the place it's made in, and CS/GMs lose their mind.

It is really unimpressive, that they treat any negative talk toward a female as "ASSAULT" and it is always women threatening to report people over smacktalk/bragging, calling it "harassment".

We don't need women in gaming if this is what they are going to do to competitive environments. Men built these things in the first place to blow off steam.

How about treat grown women as grown women who can look after themselves.

https://www.facebook.com/WomenAgainstFeminism?fref=ts

The world doesn't need more white knights and "special treatment" for girls.

None of which justifies misogyny, but it's definitely an overreaction, that shit is the modern day "blasphemy".

You will find out if you are still banned, in 8 days.
I suggest you wait.

I would be surprised if you are permabanned unless you made direct threats.

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2014-08-01 at 08:33 AM.
Old 2014-08-01, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ImperatorBellus
Private

Re: Has Anyone Ever Been Banned Or Suspended On PS2? Please Help!

Well I really hope I am not banned, has anyone had a similar experience? Being suspended but it says you are banned in the launcher only to see that it was really a suspension later?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion