PS2 Twitter Outfit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Silly Vanu, Killing is for Terrans
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-04-07, 05:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkBalths
Corporal

PS2 Twitter Outfit

Good day to you, my name is DarkBalths.

I want to create an outfit composed of the Planetside 2 players that actively use Twitter on a daily basis. As one of these players, I have noticed that we are all good friends on Twitter and we have great discussions, but we all don't get a chance to play with each other.

I would like to create an outfit simply to provide the opportunity for all of us on Twitter to be able to play together and have a grand old time. Some players that have already expressed interest in this idea are:
- Lizzy (@Happy_Skittles)
- Geoff (@geoffrey1907)
- Arielle (@ArielleWasTaken)
- Mkgrider23 (@Mkgrider23)
- Reyals (@Reyals321)
- Daninator (@D4nin4tor)
and of course, myself: DarkBalths (@DarkBalths).

If you do not use Twitter, this outfit is not for you. Please move along and have a great day.

What needs to be decided now is the following:
-Server
-Faction
-Outfit Name
-Outfit Tag

As of right now, Connery TR seems to make the most sense, Connery being the most active server and TR having the lowest pop.
For a tag, at the current time I really like [IEEE] (I cannot believe that tag is not taken), since we are a group of players based through Twitter, and Twitter relies on IEEE technology and internet and blah blah blah tech stuff.

If you're interested in playing with us, and are active on Twitter, we want you to be a part of our outfit! Please feel free to discuss ideas down below, and thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Last edited by DarkBalths; 2014-04-07 at 05:23 PM.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Re: PS2 Twitter Outfit

First of all, I fail to understand why people that don't use twitter should be exempt from enjoying being in an outfit in the game itself, though I can understand why you want it twitter focused to some extent I am of the mind that the most enjoyment from being within an outfit comes from being in an outfit and working with others in that outfit. But your call I suppose.

Second, totally the wrong section. This should be in the recruitment section, not general discussion. While you may only be asking if people are interested, it is still in the end looking for recruits.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bral
Private

I would totally be up for it no matter faction or server.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DarkBalths
Corporal

Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
First of all, I fail to understand why people that don't use twitter should be exempt from enjoying being in an outfit in the game itself, though I can understand why you want it twitter focused to some extent I am of the mind that the most enjoyment from being within an outfit comes from being in an outfit and working with others in that outfit. But your call I suppose.

Second, totally the wrong section. This should be in the recruitment section, not general discussion. While you may only be asking if people are interested, it is still in the end looking for recruits.
First of all, to quote Jake and Amir: "why are you mad"
Second, the point is those of us who use Twitter a lot know each other to some extent. Read the original post before trying to shit on it. Also, there is a part in which I say "If you do not use Twitter, this outfit is not for you. Please move along and have a great day. Please do that.
If Hamma or one of the other mods feels like this is in the wrong section, that is totally fine and it would not be a problem if they were to move it to wherever they think it is appropriate.

Thanks.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DarkBalths
Corporal

Originally Posted by Bral View Post
I would totally be up for it no matter faction or server.
When you said "would not be bothered" on Twitter, I thought you meant you couldn't be bothered to play with us. Lol. It's still looking like Connery TR, but some interest has been shown in Connery VS.

I do know for a fact that Mattherson as a whole is out of the question, and so is Connery NC.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mkgrider
Private

Connery NC is overlooked, I forgot about that. I'm leaving toward Connery VS as I don't really like Connery TR Mich but on the whole I really wouldn't be phased too much by any thing. I love the idea by the way.

P.S. I think there are some other PS2 players on Twitter that might want to join.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Old 2014-04-07, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bral
Private

Originally Posted by DarkBalths View Post
When you said "would not be bothered" on Twitter, I thought you meant you couldn't be bothered to play with us. Lol.
Haha I could of worded that better.
Old 2014-04-07, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Honestly, go Connery TR. Connery is a great, and competitive server. Also, its seems like TR is on the rise again but would could still use more help. We are the under-popped empire and would love more bodies. Despite the rumors, we don't get stomped as hard as we were a while ago. We've been winning more battles and the pugs are starting to get some of their coordination back. (I've seen UsArmyGenJon on more. He was always quite good at getting randoms and newbies to work with some cohesion but was MIA for a bit.)

Side note: When we first launched, TR were DOMINANT on Connery. So we weren't always the low man on the totem.
Old 2014-04-07, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
PhirePhrey
Private

I would totally be interested in this I already play Connery NC so it'd have to be another faction for me. My twitter is @phirephrey

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 2014-04-08, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DarkBalths View Post
First of all, to quote Jake and Amir: "why are you mad"
Second, the point is those of us who use Twitter a lot know each other to some extent. Read the original post before trying to shit on it. Also, there is a part in which I say "If you do not use Twitter, this outfit is not for you. Please move along and have a great day. Please do that.
If Hamma or one of the other mods feels like this is in the wrong section, that is totally fine and it would not be a problem if they were to move it to wherever they think it is appropriate.

Thanks.
First: Who said I was mad? I was perfectly calm when making my previous post. I am however less calm now due to your hostility.

Second: I don't have a problem with WHAT you're saying, but I am having a problem with HOW you're saying it. Please stop being so hostile. I was simply providing an opinion and nothing more. I am going along with what Bral said and simply say that you could have worded things better.

Third: The reason I even bothered to post was to simply state this thread should be under recruitment. And when the thread maker is made aware of the mistake they have made, it is usually good form for them to request it to be moved in the right section. Not only that, it shows that one that is recruiting can own up to mistakes on their end and follow the rules of others before giving them to their own troops. And finally, if everyone posted that they're looking for recruits in general discussion then general discussion would be flooded with recruitment threads. I'll not harp on about the matter though, the reason I made THIS post is to state I was not mad and that you're being unreasonably hostile. All I am asking is that matters are discussed with a cool and clear head on both sides. I was simply trying to be a good citizen by pointing out the mistake and that site rules are followed.

Forth: I want to make it clear I'm not against this idea. It's a neat idea in concept. I simply think it would be better to use a variety of conversation and information sources. Also, realistically, more people actually play the game then post about it (You get like 10-20 people that actually post compared to the 100s in outfits). Hence why oroginal opinion was stated. It will be interesting to see how many people that sign up post actively.

Edit: Eh. I may have let my temper get the better of me on the second. You have after all said they can move it. But to be fair, I wouldn't have responded that way if you had been calmer yourself (Or at least not go assuming I'm trying to shit on you).

Last edited by Taramafor; 2014-04-08 at 07:21 AM.
Old 2014-04-08, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Daninator
Private

I like NC/VS more than TR.
I can play on any Server that is not Briggs.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion