What we know about Beta. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Help us feed Lil' Hamma and Donate to PSU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-16, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Briq
Private

Re: What we know about Beta.

So if you're a former PS1 player would it be pointless to also get a key from the PC Gamer magazine?
Old 2012-02-16, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
IceyCold
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Briq View Post
So if you're a former PS1 player would it be pointless to also get a key from the PC Gamer magazine?
Hell get a PCgamer mag to be sure if you are worried.

I get PCgamer anyways, so if I end up with two I'll either give one to a friend who wants in or just give it to someone here.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Mightymouser View Post
Hamma, your twitter citations both go to the same status, which is the second quote...

feel free to delete this after you fix

edit: here's the first one's cite: https://twitter.com/#!/mhigby/status/169877856934047745
My bad I'm on a roll tonight with the post fails

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-16, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Raka Maru
Major

Thanks Hamma for this post!

Just wanted to add that PC gamer issue must be US version and physical copy per this quote:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...a-key-2681.htm
We heard you might want access to one of gaming’s most exciting PC exclusives, so we went ahead and sorted that out for you. Issue #225 of PC Gamer US features PlanetSide 2—a veritable Manhattan Project of ambitious massively-multiplayer FPS design being tackled by the same studio that created EverQuest. Each physical issue of the magazine (subscriber copies and newsstand copies) includes a unique beta key for PlanetSide 2 that can be redeemed on the game’s website. Woo!
This was my concern because I get the iPad version.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Shanesan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
given that there are around 100k PS1 accounts, give or take, there are ATLEAST 25k subs(based off facebook likes) for beta and most of PS2's community is PS1 vets, i cant see everybody getting in.

lets say 20k of those signups are PS1 vets, thats a crazy amount for early beta focus testing. 20-30k accounts is the sort of numbers you expect on a high pop server that holds around 5k people at primetime.

I would expect planetsides servers to hold more than the average MMO server, but until beta is someway long i cant see the majority of PS1 vets in the beta, i would however like to be proven wrong.
There are 100-200k PS1 vets give or take that have ever paid to play, I would reckon. Now, remember that these people still had to take initiative and say that they were interested in PS2 on the PS2 homepage. Now you're down to probably 20,000 people, maybe even less.

A lot of vets had email on their Juno accounts or AOL accounts, don't even remember their SoE username or password and can't recover it.

The majority of people who "like" PS2 on facebook most likely didn't actually pay for PS1, so they don't count. You're a lot more likely to get in beta than you think - apart from PC Gamer fucking this whole thought experiment up.

Last edited by Shanesan; 2012-02-16 at 10:37 PM.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Briq View Post
Yes, it would be pointless. You are going to get a beta invite anyways.

Old 2012-02-16, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Khellendros
Staff Sergeant

I'm thinking the info here is important enough for a sticky, no?
Old 2012-02-16, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Carbanu
Contributor
Corporal

I figure if I get into BETA awesome woohoo awwwwww yeeeeaaaahhh!

If I don't then I'll be in the caves remembering all the great times I had down there with my fellow Fraggles, sadly counting down to the day I no longer have a cave to frolick in.

Good luck gentlemen, even though I think a Planetside Universe account should guarantee access to BETA.

Who knows maybe Hamma has the best poker face right now and already sent the account names to Higby. *cough* *cough*
Old 2012-02-17, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Canaris
Contributor
General

you should make this sticky for the time being

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-02-17, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
bjorntju1
Captain

Question Re: What we know about Beta.

Not to whine or something. But I really like some clarification on a few points.

What does ''piority access" mean? Higby says that every PS1 player gets piority accsses. But then Radar X says not everyone gets in right at the start. However PCgamer people do get access on day 1 because a key is included? Is that true? I cant get a copy because i live in Holland. With brings me to my second question: Will EU people get in also? I havent heard anything about that.

I hope someone from SOE can awnser my questions. I would really appriciate it.

(Sorry for some typos. I am on my phone right now.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Time will tell
Old 2012-02-17, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I still have a question, which may be irrelevant, but what's the release time of the magazine?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
I still have a question, which may be irrelevant, but what's the release time of the magazine?
April 2012 is headed to subscribers now, and will be on newsstands by February 28.
According to PC Gamer.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Not to whine or something. But I really like some clarification on a few points.

What does ''piority access" mean? Higby says that every PS1 player gets piority accsses. But then Radar X says not everyone gets in right at the start. However PCgamer people do get access on day 1 because a key is included? Is that true? I cant get a copy because i live in Holland. With brings me to my second question: Will EU people get in also? I havent heard anything about that.

I hope someone from SOE can awnser my questions. I would really appriciate it.

(Sorry for some typos. I am on my phone right now.
I'm guessing priority access could mean that current(non current?) subscribers of the original PS get access on day 1 of beta. Then it will open to the masses a few days later who have applied via PC Gamer.

Just a guess.
Old 2012-02-17, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Figment
Lieutenant General

For the record, it's been said that for no betas of SOE so far there have been geographical restrictions. DCUO beta for instance had no "US only" or something similar restrictions. Getting a key should suffice.

I think Virrago and/or RadarX mentioned that there would be no such restrictions (could be on official forums).
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion