Do you think PS will be released around May 19th? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: is drunk again! burrppp......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: You think PS will come out May 19th?
Yes 50 67.57%
No 24 32.43%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-04-22, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Yuyi
Roxxor your Boxxorz

Do you think PS will be released around May 19th?

I dont think it will. Alot of people still have bugs and lag alot. Ive only been in for 3 days but i lag at big base battles like crazy hard to aim and stuff. And its not just me alot of people are havin problems but besides that i really enjoyed it.

Also i think there needs to be more of a feel to defend a base as well :o

So you think it will be delayed?
Old 2003-04-22, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BladeRunner
Contributor
First Sergeant

Before Open Beta the lag was almost always completely unnoticed. I think they'll resolve the issues quickly.

You're right though, it's got still a ways to go before it's ready, but I think they'll have it by May 19.

I don't have much reasoning though, just faith I guess

::::[ Blade's War Photo Gallery ]::::

"I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG"
Old 2003-04-22, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
xuur
Inventor of Dirt

the lag in game is still a factor but substantially less at the end of the weekend than before it. so yeah, I think they can make it.

they're making some nice progress and the game is fun (a key element). May 19 I think could be doable althought if that means a so-so release and more 'megapatches', I'd rather see them release it a bit later and include as much of the 'mega' stuff as possible on the release disc. Phone modem/other slower download folks would be happier in the longrun I think.

I'm on cable, but I think it would be a good customer relations idea to help those already disadvantaged folks by not having to download 53meg worth of patches for a new game.

that tends to piss folks off just a touch
Old 2003-04-22, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

I guarentee that it will be released on the 19 (give or take a day or two).

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-04-22, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I think they could release next week!

This game right now in beta is 100x better shape than Shadow bane is after nearly a month into retail.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-22, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Meshuggah
Corporal

With my luck: If I was in beta it'd be out by the 1st of May. Since I'm not, christmas seems more realistic.
Old 2003-04-22, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Determinado
Corporal

lol meshugga, say, does anyone know if they'll release it in europe at the same date as in US?

I surely hope! Same day or ealier
Old 2003-04-22, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

The servers still need some work, but the game is still going to be released on the 19th. It seems right now they become extremely unstable once the population gets around 3500 and Beryl has been unplayable since the patch during prime time.

Last edited by LesserShade; 2003-04-22 at 10:34 AM.
Old 2003-04-22, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

It will come out on the 19th. Having been in beta since the beginning, and playing the game back in december. I can see the type of progress they are capable of making. The game gets better every day, servers get more stable.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-04-22, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Cyanide
Major

I think they are capable of getting the game ready for retail by the 19th. If however they have problems i would rather they hold off and fix it instead of releasing a buggy game. And no, i'm not in beta, i'm just patient enough to wait for quality.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
JayNa
Private

i would have thought they would have had it ready by may 19th but i have lost all hope for software companies after Halo 2 was delayed almost a year!, but these guys may be different, i hope.
Old 2003-04-22, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
thegame109
First Sergeant

I'm a beta tester and i can say with CONFIDENCE this game WILL be out on may19-20th

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-04-22, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
simba
Major

Originally posted by Cyanide
I think they are capable of getting the game ready for retail by the 19th. If however they have problems i would rather they hold off and fix it instead of releasing a buggy game. And no, i'm not in beta, i'm just patient enough to wait for quality.
wow a non-beta tester who would want to wait a week or 2 for the game to be a bit less buggy, thats something u dont see everyday.
Almost everyone in beta says "I wouldent mind �f the game comes out a bit later than they said". Thats only couse they are in beta and CAN play the game.
I prefer the game to come out as soon as possible with a patch pretty soon after the realese. And im not in beta as u know.

I really hope they will make it till 19:th may and I belive they do, it really pissed me off when they delayed the game 50 days when it was like 10 days left for the game to be released, the devs knew that the game wasnt finished, they just didnt want to tell us untill it was like 10 days ago. Also when will it be released in Europe?
Old 2003-04-22, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
simba
Major

Originally posted by JayNa
i would have thought they would have had it ready by may 19th but i have lost all hope for software companies after Halo 2 was delayed almost a year!, but these guys may be different, i hope.
I dont think SOE is any different, they delayed it 50 days when it was 10 days left for the "release date", they knew it wasnt finished, they just didnt want us to know about it untill it was 10 days left.
2 days before they delayed it spork said something like that it was almost done and the release date still stands for Q1.
But from what I hear from beta testers, the balance issues is almost solved, theres only some lag issues and some other small stuff to tweak, so I think they should be finished by 19:th may.
Old 2003-04-22, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Determinado
Corporal

the balance isn't the most important in the game, since those who are in disadvantage will learn how to use THEIR weapons (only 1 side like TR for every server) So if you can kill a MAX-Anti Infantry with a light-armor suit, while the MAX A-I is in serious advantage with gunz and stuff, then you surely will kill him once the game is balanced again...

it's that way with every game, balance will be there about one year or something after the first patch.
Offcourse this is some SOE, a special game, since it's
the MMO, the one you pay for every month so i guess
we'll get that quality balance very soon!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion