I dont get it, why does everyone hate the coolest looking Empire? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: YELLOW KNIGHT! ... OF IMPENDING DOOM!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-25, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

When did their official color ever stop being a rainbow?
Old 2003-03-25, 07:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

rainbow=gaypride
purple=gay color used to represent themselves in parades and such...
i took a modern color theory class and this was a topic
anyways on to a better thing...

The Vanu are Jimi Hendrix.
meaning they hump amplifiers, dont know which hand to hold a guitar with, dont know how to put a neck tie on, and when they die choking on their own vomit over 36 species of lice will be discovered in their fros
Old 2003-03-25, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

Well, I'm glad that was clarified.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by mr_luc
As far as I remember, the gay community used pink because that was the color they were assigned as an identifier (a pink triangle) in the concentration camps under the Nazis.

Purple was the Earnest Bible Students -- now known as the Jehovah's Witnesses.
The Vanu are going to come knocking on your door when you least expect it. Boom.

And, dude. No one can touch Hendrix. Vomiting to death may not have become cool when he did it -- but it didn't make him any LESS cool. Lice either. Our color may not become instantly cool when it is applied to a Vanu armor and texture -- but it certainly doesn't make us any less cool.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

Hey, it could have been worse... the Vanu armor could have been pink. Now that's a disturbing image.

Of course, had the Vanu been black (or some closely related shade)... I probably would have considered choosing them.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
Cyan8313
Private

Originally posted by The Eternal
Green? Its Dark Purple and Teal/Cyan
Huh ? Someone saied my name ? Ah nevermind *goes and stands in a corner*...

Yes the vanu are gay. We are happy cuz it will be so easy killing all you homo-fobical, inferiour homo sapiens.

TR = Spray & Pray noob empire.
NC = "I like big guns" guess they have to make up for something down south

C
Old 2003-03-25, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

ACtually one of the main reasons I don't mind the color is that I live in Minnesota.

Vikings.

You know.

. . .

Dammit.

Football comparisons do not help the Vanu out here.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
Sniper Jack
Corporal

Purple, pink, it doesn't matter...so the enemy will die laughing, but at least they're dead . Then we shall see who has the last laugh!!!
Old 2003-03-25, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
NeoDrgnMech
Sergeant

Vanu-Sexually secure enough to wear purple uniforms.

Translation for the ladies-You won't be disappointed in tha sack

The NC on the other hand..well, those big guns gotta be compensation for something

The Vanu Alliance. WE HAVE POINTY STICKS!
Old 2003-03-25, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

What does that mean for Vanguard pilots? :o
Old 2003-03-25, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

No one can touch Hendrix.
i could name 20 better guitarists off the top of my head but for the sake of not turning this thread into something complettly different i wont.
my point was, that if u wanna compair the vanu to a "cool" person, pick someone worth it, otherwise ur message is lost.

as for me, i continue to believe that lazers are pathetic weapons to have for everything. if it was just one or two different lazers in the vanu weapons id respect them more but thats all they use. i know all the empires sort of do the same thing but u can vary machine guns and shot guns, a lazers a lazer
Old 2003-03-25, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Deadlock, What's your problem with Jimmy Hendrix? You said he doesn't know which hand to hold a guitar with. That might be cuase he was one of the few left-handed guitarist of his time. But I agree with you on the lasers.

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2003-03-25 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Hendrix.

Stevie Ray Vaughan.

The two best guitarists ever.

Other guys *may* have been able to pick faster. Other guys *may* have been able to switch chords faster. Other guys *may* be more technically proficient in an extremely linear test.

But the fact is, Hendrix and SRV both could start with NOTHING and turn it into something. They both could pull chords out of thin air (and don't fool yourself by claiming Hendrix was all about the noise and the feedback and less about the guitar). They could take an ordinary song, and really, TRULY CREATE with it.

Other guitarists might be able to play a certain rehearsed sequence better. No one in the world comes close to Hendrix or SRV when it comes to REAL guitar playing, for the same reason that Robin Williams is funnier and more talented than Drew Carey: one creates, one reads lines.
Old 2003-03-25, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
MilitantB0B
Colonel

I, personally, will go either TR or NC. I really like the VS armor, personally I think that all of their armor beats all of everybody elses armor hands down. I don't really mind their colors (if you wonder why, it is becasue I am color blind, thought they where blue till I read this post). But what makes my go elswhere is the weapons. I don't want to be sending out little rays of purple stuff even if it kills the same. It is like in Halo, whenever possible I would avoid those alien weapons and stick with things that flings stuff though the air at high speeds At the top of my list of proritys is long range, mabe if it turns out that VS energy weapons have longer ranges then their TR and NC counterparts then.....

EDIT: Mr_luc, you are a man after my own heart
/em gives Mr_luc a highfive

Old 2003-03-25, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
I don't really mind their colors (if you wonder why, it is becasue I am color blind, thought they where blue till I read this post). But what makes my go elswhere is the weapons. I don't want to be sending out little rays of purple stuff even if it kills the same.
Don't you mean "little rays of blue stuff"?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion