Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter) - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your mother...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-16, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
Notser
Staff Sergeant
 
Notser's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


awesome work, clear winner for planetside 2 and cockpit aircraft vs the flying camera of planetside
Notser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant
 
lolroflroflcake's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Well I do have one little nit-pick, its doesn't necessarily look like the cockpit of an airplane, It looks kinda like the dashboard from a sports car or something.

It looks too pretty and not functional enough, maybe make the specific altitude and speed readouts multi function displays that show some other stuff like weapon status or maybe radar and then make the big red block in the middle a primary flight display with speed, altitude and attitude indicator. Then throw some extra buttons and switches in there and your good to go.

Basically make it look like an engineer designed it and not someone who was actually good at designing interiors.
lolroflroflcake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
Zulthus
Colonel
 
Zulthus's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


As someone mentioned in the thread, can SOE confirm if passengers will be able to have a first person view inside the vehicles, (galaxy for example) seeing their squadmates?
Zulthus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Ejaz
Private
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
Actual screenshots require internal approval before they are released.

"Behind the scenes" camera shots don't.

Sounds about right.

Last edited by Ejaz; 2012-04-25 at 04:11 PM.
Ejaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
cryosin
Master Sergeant
 
cryosin's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


So the graphics are better than Battlefield yet there are 100x more players on the map?

The math just doesn't add up!

Nice work, i really like it. Can't wait to see VS alien looking cockpit =D.
cryosin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
cellinaire
Captain
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by basti View Post
You could easily bake the whole cockpit from that screen on a lower poly mesh, and use that for the animations. Or use the cockpit as it is, seperate game object that just shows when enter/exit animation is happening.

Still, would need to do all those animations, and its still a good chunk of work to use those cockpits for the animations.

But who knows, i still want those animations. Gameplay already allows you to enter a vehicle spot when you are close to it (almost similar to PS). So its really just those animations.


You know what to do guys. Get me them!
By now, I guess all members of the dev team already know this and the fact that we want the animation back. We will see, though. Maybe when they starts to upgrade the capabilities of Forgelight yet again...
cellinaire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
Stardouser
Colonel
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
So the graphics are better than Battlefield yet there are 100x more players on the map?

The math just doesn't add up!

Nice work, i really like it. Can't wait to see VS alien looking cockpit =D.
As far as I know there's not going to be Destruction. That's a big deal...
Stardouser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
cellinaire
Captain
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by lolroflroflcake View Post
Well I do have one little nit-pick, its doesn't necessarily look like the cockpit of an airplane, It looks kinda like the dashboard from a sports car or something.

It looks too pretty and not functional enough, maybe make the specific altitude and speed readouts multi function displays that show some other stuff like weapon status or maybe radar and then make the big red block in the middle a primary flight display with speed, altitude and attitude indicator. Then throw some extra buttons and switches in there and your good to go.

Basically make it look like an engineer designed it and not someone who was actually good at designing interiors.
Yeah sounds neat. =)

But PS2 at least has to have some futuristic feel to it, am I right?


And to Stardouser, you sound like PS2 won't have any sort of destruction at all... both at launch and post-launch plan. Just sayin'

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-04-16 at 10:27 PM.
cellinaire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Zulthus
Colonel
 
Zulthus's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
As far as I know there's not going to be Destruction. That's a big deal...

Destruction really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Sure, it was cool to level a building with a rocket... but in the end, where did all of the cover go? The battlefield was a flat wasteland. I don't really want it in PS2.
Zulthus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Stardouser
Colonel
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Destruction really wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Sure, it was cool to level a building with a rocket... but in the end, where did all of the cover go? The battlefield was a flat wasteland. I don't really want it in PS2.
You're exactly right. And, what's more, instead of going into a building to clear out enemies, all you do is spam AT rockets at the building until you find them. Bigger player counts are more important than destruction.
Stardouser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Shake
Private
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Looks stupid good... look at those clouds... this game just looks ridiculously amazing, so pumped.

Can't wait to see the rest of the cockpits and vehicles now.
Shake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
cryosin
Master Sergeant
 
cryosin's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
You're exactly right. And, what's more, instead of going into a building to clear out enemies, all you do is spam AT rockets at the building until you find them. Bigger player counts are more important than destruction.
After playing the Starhawk beta, i have to agree.

The best tactic in the game was to place an inconspicuous bunker near the enemy base, and spam rockets at their buildings. Eventually you just kill their whole base if they don't deal with you.

Now imagine planetside, and 100+ players shooting rockets at a building. Either buildings would never die, or they would die instantly.

I'm not against destructible buildings and structures, but you would have to design gameplay around that feature. It's not something you add to the game very easily.

I do think Generators/Doors and other important objectives could be added to the game though.

Last edited by cryosin; 2012-04-16 at 11:05 PM.
cryosin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Bags
Lieutenant General
 
Bags's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Plus destruction lost it's coolness after a few rounds for me, tbh.
__________________
Bags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Fenrys
Major
 
Fenrys's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


It should be translucent. If soldier-portable tech exists to make people semi-invisible, it should be light enough to fit into an aircraft to improve visibility for the pilot.
Fenrys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Zulthus
Colonel
 
Zulthus's Avatar
 
Re: Mosquito Cockpit View (Higby Twitter)


Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
It should be translucent. If soldier-portable tech exists to make people semi-invisible, it should be light enough to fit into an aircraft to improve visibility for the pilot.
Then it would also be light enough to fit on a MAX, a heavy assault, sunderer, galaxy, tanks, mines, etc....
Zulthus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.