News: Friday Night Ops This Week - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not a tumah
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-02-28, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Friday Night Ops This Week

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
The VR zone is my first major feature for PS2. Looking forward to the feedback on it!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow - not giving any spoilers!
Hell yeah Malorn, you know what Daddy wants!

Seriously though, I'm excited and plan on spending quite a bit of time in VR since it's gonna be better than shooting at a wall in the WG.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-02-28, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Soon you'll be telling stories about how back in the day you used to shoot the wall in the WG to try out stuff.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
rhilir
Private

the vr room is one place that was huge for people that just starting to get use to it. I know my guild had a couple but they couldnt get use to ps2 guns and vehicles and havent logged back on since. This might help hugely.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I hope there is terrain complicated enough to practice high-speed precision flying. Lots of trees and low branches.

That would make for one happy FlakPack.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chewy
Major

Soon you'll be telling stories about how back in the day you used to shoot the wall in the WG to try out stuff.
That's how I tested the AV Mana Turret.

Went on top of the landing paps and guided rockets all over the place. It was a a very odd but GREAT feeling to skim within inches of the ground and put rocket after rocket inside of the buildings at the other end of the WG. Then when I tried that shit in the field on moving targets I got shot, often before getting to fire a 2nd time.

My main hopes for VR rooms are
1- Able to test all weapons and vehicles without timers, trials, or small limited areas
2- Having both moving and standing targets that have a visible numbered HP value with distance options.

If those 2 things are in the VR room then I may have to get off my ass and start making the testing/mythbusting videos Iv been wanting to do since beta.
Old 2013-02-28, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

You mean like:
"VR training? Oh, gibbely goo! Back in my day we didn't have fancy VR training facilities, we used to shoot holes in the walls and test out TTK on each other! They ruined Planetside when they took away friendly fire at the WG, now yah can shoot them right in the gizzard and they just walk away laughing at yah! Used to be that we trained new recruits by hot dropping them straight into the middle of the enemy lines, without any support! On their first day!"

I'd say I got my old man routine covered for when the day comes.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-02-28, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rolfski
Major

Can't wait for VR room, it will sure help SC sales as well. The 30 min preview should stay in though, I still want some actual killing time before deciding on a gun.
Old 2013-02-28, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
zomg
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Luperza View Post
own personal servers.
Giev.
Old 2013-03-01, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by zomg View Post
Giev.
I have an idea about how that might be exactly what is going to happen with VR rooms. If VR rooms are solo things then it could just be the game putting you into a client only map. Less work for the servers to do and lets you have 100% everything in the game for free as that space is not linked to the main server. Then when you go back into the main world it's a simple forced reboot back to your last known loadouts.

If it's not a solo thing then VR rooms may get a bit messy if to many people are let into one room at once.

To many "what if"s to think over. Im going to give myself another headache before long. Time for me to go to bad and get rested for a long day of ass kicking after the merger.
Old 2013-03-01, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Will they be giving an ETA on thier Feb roadmap release? As predicted its march now. SOE needs to rename all the months. March update is now aprils update because atleast then people cant be annoyed when the march update isnt released in march lol.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-01, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ETD
Private

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Will they be giving an ETA on thier Feb roadmap release? As predicted its march now. SOE needs to rename all the months. March update is now aprils update because atleast then people cant be annoyed when the march update isnt released in march lol.
The months are when they get to work on it, not when the features are done. They should probably clarify that a bit in the roadmap though.
Old 2013-03-01, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Consumer
Private

I don't mind the month naming in the roadmap, but the Roadmap's hiding of February in favor of March when barely any of the features have yet been implemented is worrying, especially with little communication that I've seen.
Old 2013-03-01, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Hamma
PSU Admin

They can do all sorts of insane things in their personal servers. :P

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-01, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Hossin. Hossin Hossin Hossin Hossin!

HOSSIN!

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-03-01, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Hope you all enjoyed the show! Noticed you already have screen grabs going around in other threads.

Note: All my posts are mine and mine alone. They have not been reviewed or approved by Sony Online Entertainment (“SOE”), and they do not necessarily reflect or express the views of SOE itself.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion