Official PS Wish List - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oops, I killed Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-07, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
FearTheAtlas
First Lieutenant

Ah, I got another one! (May have been said, I'm not looking through 4 pages of posts for it :P) A tranport craft with no weapons, very little armor, but very fast. Imagine a 5t tranport truck, but more PlanetSide-ish. If they WERE to implment this into the game, but wanted to balance it you could have the passangers be able to shoot their weapons. The complication on that is that you couldn't switch weapons, just to be a little fair.
Old 2003-06-08, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Cirkusphreak
Contributor
Corporal

Couple O' things that would be kinda cool to see in upcoming game upgates..just my two wooden nickles' worth...

--Underwater combat- Maybe a speargun weapon or possibly small sub-craft. Swimming and being able to friggin see would be a huge plus.

--Binoculars- Higher zoom than whats on basic weapons..(8-12x maybe?) But is extra like REK's or CUD's. Only drawback is you cant be running while using them, must stand stationary, and have better vision. (Not the 'Keyhole" view like with weaps)

--Higher Bolt Driver damage- C'mon people its supposed to actually do higher damage. I've unloaded up to four rounds into someone and they've stood there laughing at me. It won't have to be one shot head kills like Halo, but jeez...throw me a friggin bone here.

--Sticky bombs-Timed charges which could be placed on vehicles

--Air drops of folks--I know the crash-and-jump technique, but how bout a galaxy crapping out death from above? I guess it goes back to the parachute idea posted before.

--Camoflage or Ghille suits- Nothing like Cloaking, but something to help snipers, who need all the help they can get with the weak ass Bolt-tosser, It could help blend them in with the flora or ground coloring around them. Could only be used while crouching and not moving.

Anyhoo, i'm through for now. Thanks for hearing my rants
Old 2003-06-08, 03:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Ghost06
First Sergeant

mmmm wishlist, mmmkay.

1. give us all waterguns

2. "adjust" them so that one TR watergun does shoot water too hard VS. waterproof watch.

3. give NC cookies

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-06-08, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
rafein
Private

Infiltrator armor upgrade

Scout.

Increase armor, carrying space. Add new handgun, targetting laser, which is used to paint a target, allowing for concentrated fire no matter visibility. Add a 3rd holster.

Engineer's

New turrets. a very large range AV turret. Clamp that sticks on walls.

Holograms of soldiers. used to draw enemy fire.

Medic

gain exp for healing teammates.
Old 2003-06-08, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Primal
Private

My ideas are perhaps not as grandiose as some of the others posted, but I would like slight changes to improve the quality of playing the game, not the overall gameplay.

For instance:

1. On your HUD, I would like a small text bar, that tells you the name of the SOI you are currently under. So if you are at NorthWest Hapi Tower's SOI, the name "NorthWest Hapi Tower" is written on your HUD.
I realize this doesn't impact the game significantly, but it would make it slightly more polished in my eyes.

2. The ability to choose the % of exp that as a commander, goes into CR and BR. I don't like the fact that a squad leader is forced to get Commander exp. Right now I think it's keeping a lot of squads from being formed, since a lot of people just want normal Battle exp. But if a squad leader could choose how much of his exp (in % form) goes into CR, and the rest into BR, that would make the game a lot more flexible.
This idea is adapted from Everquest's "Alternative Advancement" system, where you can choose the % of your expeirence going towards getting you bonus alt advancement points.

3. Another HUD tweak. This may sound simple, but I would love for the ability of having a transparent fullscreen map put over your HUD. So when you are driving, you can bring up a 50% transparent full map, so you can still see the road a head of you, and check the map while driving.
I've hit many a rock while autodriving on my harasser, 'cos I was too busy adjusting waypoints :P

4. As I understand it, at the moment, BR20 is the exp cap, with no advancement after that. If there is one thing SOE is good at, is milking their customers for the long run. I've learnt this in 4 years of Everquest addiction. So I am sure they will find a way to make the game interesting enough to keep people playing it. Maybe have special bonuses that you can keep getting if you exp above BR20.
Eg. Faster running speed ever x amount of exp. Very slight increments of course. Or maybe the ability to even swap sides at that stage. Turning your back on your Alliance.

Thanks for readin` =)
Old 2003-06-08, 02:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by rafein
Infiltrator armor upgrade

Scout.

Increase armor, carrying space. Add new handgun, targetting laser, which is used to paint a target, allowing for concentrated fire no matter visibility. Add a 3rd holster.
To balance, less effective cloaking.
Old 2003-06-09, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
RIP
Private

Medic And Eng

I think Medics or Eng should get special armors so you can recognize them on the battle feild. Give their armors different textures like a red cross or something for the medic and a hammer or gear for the Eng on the shoulder pads or helmet of the model. Even more if you place your rectile on them it displays if they are an eng or medic. Just a thought.

Leeroy
Old 2003-06-09, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

free coffee in the kitchen. comeone man, I sit around in that kitchen all the time but everything is locked up and nothing works....
Old 2003-06-09, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Naeadil
Corporal

1.) Orbital Strike (use binoculars to set them, visible warning like the smoke in RTCW, 5 seconds later boom! 20 minute refresh)
2.) Reveal Enemies
3.) Command Jamming (that works!)
4.) Ability for commanders to set up waypoints for all Liberators to see where to bomb. Implement Binoculars to set these waypoints. If friendlies get hit by a Liberator at these points, the pilot doesn't get grief (friendlies will be warned that it's a target for Liberator).
Old 2003-06-09, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Kyren
Private

How about sea battles? lots of room on the ocean for some big battles.

My Secret Link

Dont Click Here
Old 2003-06-09, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Kyren
My Secret Link
To a white void?
Old 2003-06-09, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Not an infiltrator suit but a cameleon suit. It has the same space and armour as the infiltrator but instead of cloaking, you can disguise yourself as an enemy, just tell squadmates! You can get easier kills, as darklight won't affect you, but if you're discovered you're hopeless. It would add more life into the Scout/Recon class.

Sabotage - Advanced Engineering (Or the biggest engy cert)
You can set bombs on enemy vehicles so that when they start the engine, BAM! Killing all the passengers inside.

Also, instead of bombs you can set the Remote Pilot, where you remotely pilot the vehicle and the enemies either, can't get out and you drive them off a cliff, or you drive their vehicle away when they attack a base and voila, no vehicle when they come back! However, you can't do it to your own vehicles (Stopping people becoming an engineer and driving all the vehicles)

Also, I like my infect idea for advanced medics!
Old 2003-06-09, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Mr1337Duck
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the sabotage idea, but I have a good idea myself. In aircraft and other vehicles, everything is done by electronics to some degree. Now, if those electronics were to get disrupted... naturally the aircraft would fall and crash, either hurting or killing the driver, depending on the altitide of the vehicle when it started falling. For other vehicles, they'd just stop, the guns would no longer function, etc.

As for the bombing and sabotaging, one thing I'd like to see is an inventory Boomer. You use a crowbar item, sneak up behind a galaxy, and get into the trunk. Then you load the trunk full of explosives and wait for the enemy squad to return. As they fly off, you whip out your detonator and blow it apart. Everyone onboard dies instantly. If it had lots of peeps, you get a whopping 1000+ exp.
Old 2003-06-09, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Sp3ctre
Also, instead of bombs you can set the Remote Pilot, where you remotely pilot the vehicle and the enemies either, can't get out and you drive them off a cliff, or you drive their vehicle away when they attack a base and voila, no vehicle when they come back! However, you can't do it to your own vehicles (Stopping people becoming an engineer and driving all the vehicles)
Oh, people would SCREAM nerf at that.
Old 2003-06-09, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

^really?^

What bit? All of it, or if people got to do their own vehicles? Maybe it could be restricted to Engineers with Advanced Hacking as well (As you'd have to install a device, but use computers to use it)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion