Regarding the 4th Empire - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Make love not war. Well maybe a little.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-02, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
aceshigh
Private

Misc Info
Regarding the 4th Empire

Looks like it will be mitigated some...

http://www.gamesradar.com/planetside...ayer-politics/

Only one faction per server per account. It doesn't look like they will police multiple accounts though. Hopefully they require a unique Credit Card per account.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Atheosim
Captain

Re: Regarding the 4th Empire

I highly doubt necessitating a valid credit card to have an account would help the size of their player base much...
Old 2012-05-02, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
The Kush
Captain

I agree hopefully there will be some option to stop multiple accounts maybe a phone number. But the unique cc won't work because their are familes that might potentially use the same card. For example when planetside 1 first came out I was only 13 and my brother and I both used my fathers credit card. I also have a friend who is married and both him and his wife will have separate accounts but use the same card.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NCLynx
Major

They've also stated somewhere that they'd open up the ability to make a character on another faction at some point.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Atheosim View Post
I highly doubt necessitating a valid credit card to have an account would help the size of their player base much...
It could be possible since they want to keep hackers to a minimum.

I have 3, but they become harder to obtain more the more you have :P

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-05-02 at 09:16 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Bags
Lieutenant General

If you can make multiple accounts having one empire per server per account is stupid.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
The Kush
Captain

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post
They've also stated somewhere that they'd open up the ability to make a character on another faction at some point.
Obviously this is possible, but it's not needed. If you want to play a different faction go to a different server. And I hope they bring back the PS1 "time penalty" where you can't switch back to an empire for x hours if you decide to change factions. Pain in the ass but it stopped people from only playing that empire if the pop was good on that server, ect
Old 2012-05-02, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
If you can make multiple accounts having one empire per server per account is stupid.
Taking the time out to make another account all together IS a deterrent of sorts albeit a very bad one that most of us don't care about taking the time to do lol.

Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
I thought so too. Someone in another thread mentioned that they can write it off as a gameplay thing or to stop hackers (?) in order to force people to spend money per faction for the same basic thing. So if you play as TR and want to try out NC you're more willing to just buy things to try them.

Hopefully we can still just pay for extra character slots of whatever even if there is a 1 hour cooldown. I personally hate managing a lot of accounts for each server and empire so any convenience in this would be helpful. Would rather just use one name for each character though. They should remedy this soon since it's been brought up since last year.

Taking the time out to make another account all together IS a deterrent of sorts albeit a very bad one that most of us don't care about taking the time to do lol.
What does it solve? I mean assume you can't be logged into more than one at a time. Think about. Other than it allows SOE to get more money per account by people that want to unlock things.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-05-02 at 09:23 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
The Kush
Captain

Why would you guys want to play a different faction on the same server your main faction is? Apparently you have never played PS1 that is straight retarted.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Why would you guys want to play a different faction on the same server your main faction is? Apparently you have never played PS1 that is straight retarted.
YOU'VE never played PS1 if you think there weren't a lot of people who played at least 2 factions on one server.

@Sirisian I never meant it "solved" anything, personally I'd like to at least be able to make one other faction on a server for when myself an outfit mates want to mess around on something that isn't NC or our Mains.

Old 2012-05-02, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
Personally I switched. My friends played TR and NC. Apparently you don't have friends. Most of the time I was happy just hunting them down though. Other times we'd play on the same faction in groups which was enjoyable. We're more casual players (except Beachball who took the game more seriously) so the concept of switching for an advantage was beyond us.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Zulthus
Colonel

Good. I hope they require a valid credit card entry at the time of download. Less hackers, plus you can still play a different empire on another server.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
The Kush
Captain

YOU'VE never played PS1 if you think there weren't a lot of people who played at least 2 factions on one server
LOL

Yea there was and those were the exact people who are what we like to call traitors. No one in my outfit would play a different faction on our server. If we played a different faction, we went to a different server. This is exactly what true PS players did. You need to get your information right bud, why the hell would you want to fight the same people you battle alongside everyday. I'm glad they are requiring one faction PER SERVER. It creates a sense of unity on the server.
Old 2012-05-02, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
CutterJohn
Colonel

Why is this even a debate? Its such a ridiculous restriction.

New rules:

1. You can switch your character at any time to another empire.
2. You cannot switch your character to an empire with greater than ~36% population.
3. Empires with less than 30% populations are given some sort of benefit. Improved resource collection or something, maybe better XP.
4. Individual players and outfits can toggle on the 4th empire option. Under normal circumstances they are on their home empire. Occasionally, if population imbalances persist, they can be autobalanced to a separate empire. When autobalanced they get a large boost to resource collection and experience gain.

Use the 4th empire. It is an asset, not a liability.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion