Physics Might Allow Riding on Top of Vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hotter than Megan Fox.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-27, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zekeen
Major

Physics Might Allow Riding on Top of Vehicles

While just gathering my nightly PS2 info, I spotted something... peculiar when looking through TRay's tweets.

https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/206487696699437057

"I just went Galaxy surfing"

Now, this may seem mostly as just the idea of something silly and funny. TRay jumped on a moving Galaxy for a moment and had some fun. but it could also shed a bit of light into the physics engine when it comes to vehicle and character interaction.

COULD it actually be possible that we could jump on top of a tank and use it as transportation without entering it?

If TRay could have stayed on a Galaxy without too much trouble for a bit of time, it could be very possible with a slower vehicles to stay on top of it, without some horrible run over glitch from being on top. To be able to actually "surf" the Galaxy, surely this could give a bit of insight into our most crazy dreams of PS2 mobilization.

We don't know how long he was on, what angle it had to tilt for him to stay on, or if he was just knocked off immediately after jumping on. But it certainly is an entertaining thought!
Old 2012-05-27, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Physics Might Allow Riding on Top of Vehicles

Would you get silly things like people sitting on wings as in BF Heroes?

http://youtu.be/w0i3SIOkWpg?t=58s

Last edited by Figment; 2012-05-27 at 01:42 AM.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mechzz
Major

Oh nooooo!
If that's allowed then my Sunderer will look like this:

Old 2012-05-27, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
While just gathering my nightly PS2 info, I spotted something... peculiar when looking through TRay's tweets.

https://twitter.com/PS_TRay/status/206487696699437057

"I just went Galaxy surfing"

Now, this may seem mostly as just the idea of something silly and funny. TRay jumped on a moving Galaxy for a moment and had some fun. but it could also shed a bit of light into the physics engine when it comes to vehicle and character interaction.

COULD it actually be possible that we could jump on top of a tank and use it as transportation without entering it?

If TRay could have stayed on a Galaxy without too much trouble for a bit of time, it could be very possible with a slower vehicles to stay on top of it, without some horrible run over glitch from being on top. To be able to actually "surf" the Galaxy, surely this could give a bit of insight into our most crazy dreams of PS2 mobilization.

We don't know how long he was on, what angle it had to tilt for him to stay on, or if he was just knocked off immediately after jumping on. But it certainly is an entertaining thought!
That was always fun to do in Halo, until we got 'splattered', but that would be funny to see, a galaxy with people inside then people on top to carry almost double the amount of people. And this would be cool for tanks, because in real life tanks are used as transports. But since there is no dedicated seating position for us soldiers we will have to settle for standing awkwardly on a tank.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
Oh nooooo!
If that's allowed then my Sunderer will look like this:

Hahah, I LOATH that commercial so much. It makes no sense.

But a Sunderer is far too tall to jump on anyways. More likely there will be tanks with players on them if it's possible.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mechzz
Major

^
oops. That was a random image of an Indian train. Didn't know it was in a commercial. Not a bad/offensive one I hope?

But a Sunderer is far too tall to jump on anyways. More likely there will be tanks with players on them if it's possible.
oh, and that's what jet packs are for, no?

Last edited by Mechzz; 2012-05-27 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zekeen
Major

^
oops. That was a random image of an Indian train. Didn't know it was in a commercial. Not a bad/offensive one I hope?

oh, and that's what jet packs are for, no?
Actually, I thought it was one of the new commercials out for some sort of "quiet" train they got. They show a train made of nothing but hundreds of people and how "quiet" it is. How hundreds of people in the form of a train is "quiet" is beyond me.

And I did not think of jet packs, but now I'm picturing two jetpackers of opposing factions fighting with knives on top of a Sunderer ala James Bond on a train style.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mechzz
Major

And I did not think of jet packs, but now I'm picturing two jetpackers of opposing factions fighting with knives on top of a Sunderer ala James Bond on a train style.
haha. On the wing of a Gal more like

Or I could drop from my burning scythe onto the wing of your mossie and pull you from the cockpit with my bare hands!
Old 2012-05-27, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Zekeen
Major

haha. On the wing of a Gal more like

Or I could drop from my burning scythe onto the wing of your mossie and pull you from the cockpit with my bare hands!
Ho? Sounds like you got yourself a plan. Too bad that would never work on someone like me. I'm an NC Galaxy pilot trained in the art of Clegging. You'd end up flattened if you landed on the top wings of a clegged Galaxy when it parks.
Old 2012-05-27, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mechzz
Major

Ho? Sounds like you got yourself a plan. Too bad that would never work on someone like me. I'm an NC Galaxy pilot trained in the art of Clegging. You'd end up flattened if you landed on the top wings of a clegged Galaxy when it parks.
yeah, but you didn't realise I had certed with the physics glitch that makes Galaxies weightless, otherwise known as "Clegg-away"
Old 2012-05-27, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Zekeen
Major

yeah, but you didn't realise I had certed with the physics glitch that makes Galaxies weightless, otherwise known as "Clegg-away"
.... I will Clegg you to the underside of a vehicle landing pad!
Old 2012-05-27, 01:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

Lockdown a Burster on a Skeet. Ultimate AA platform!
Old 2012-05-27, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Arktype
Private

when are they adding the 'ski' like in tribes ?
Old 2012-05-27, 02:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
Lockdown a Burster on a Skeet. Ultimate AA platform!
Lol. And if you could get 2 scantily-clad female maxes on the wing of an attacking Galaxy, the defending base would be full of maxes that rolled over on their backs and couldn't get up after trying to "lock on" to the view!
Old 2012-05-27, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Zekeen
Major

Lol. And if you could get 2 scantily-clad female maxes on the wing of an attacking Galaxy, the defending base would be full of maxes that rolled over on their backs and couldn't get up after trying to "lock on" to the view!
"Scantily clad MAX", now THAT'S an oxymoron.

If you're able to tell if a MAX is female or male from the looks alone, you will deserve a cookie good sir!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion