One issue for you. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What the heck is this text box for?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-05, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
adaroe
Private

One issue for you.

Alright, we all have a ton of pent up negativity from the current state of the game.

Let's try naming a single issue and how to solve it. Try not to get to out of hand with it, and if someones listed your issue try not to double post unless you have something to add.

My issue is that the spawn times for sundies are less than for facilities
its 5 seconds for sundies and 10 for facilities. In my opinion this promotes more succesful attacks and leads to me sitting around waiting for bases to cap.

My solution is to reduce facilities to 5 increase sundies to 10 and when or if gals get spawns again have it be 15 seconds.

ok your turn.
Old 2013-01-06, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
james
Sergeant Major

Re: One issue for you.

Up spawn timers to 15 seconds for facilities, 25 sec for sundies. It would stop some of the meat grinding by allow a side to actually make a push while enemies are respawning
Old 2013-01-06, 01:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Spawn areas need to be inside secure, defensible buildings connected to the capture points, so vehicles can help take the hex, but cannot kill players on the point itself. These buildings (and really, any buildings) should have window shields that allow players to enter and exit if they wish, but do not allow vehicles to fire inside the building. Door shields would also be nice.
Old 2013-01-06, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mox
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

We need a lattice because there are too many location to capture simultanously. Thazs why the factions dont meet each other on the battlefield.

Last edited by Mox; 2013-01-06 at 01:43 AM.
Old 2013-01-06, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AThreatToYou
Major

The weapons in this game are boring.

The solution is to introduce more unique weapons. Simple, but not very detailed. Things like the Flak Cannon, Dispersion Pistol, Stinger (I know it was basically an auto-rifle, but atleast it had different fire modes), Bio Rifle, Razorjack (<<all from UT), Spinfusor, Laser Rifle, an MCG that looks like it makes sense, an actual grenade launcher, fusion mortar, plasma gun (all from Tribes), Bolter Cannons, melta guns, shurikens (warhammer 40,000), Blaster, MFAC, Compression Laser, ELF Whip (PLEASE can we have an ELF Whip? [electron-flux whip]), Blast Cannon, Spider-mine shotgun (all from StarSiege)...

Basically what I'm saying is, I really wish the "modern shooter" route was not taken for PlanetSide. The game only has 3 weapon "types", and that's boring, as well as every weapon having only 1 fire mode.

PS1 had some unique weapons, but there's only one we still have and that's the Lasher.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-01-06 at 07:06 AM.
Old 2013-01-06, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ringring
Contributor
General

This is a game where many different game mechanics link to everything else and therefore it is not sensible just to name one.

Even when balancing a weapon the devs rarely only change one thing. For example when ajusting AA, then may increase the damage radius of flak and buff the armour of liberators - as an example.

Many things need changing.
Old 2013-01-06, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Suitepee
Corporal

Triple loading screens where you load three times on occasion for no apparent reason, which can be quite annoying.

The solution is to not have triple loading screens on occasion by adjusting whatever is necessary so that you only load ONCE every time you respawn.
Old 2013-01-06, 05:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Suitepee View Post
Triple loading screens where you load three times on occasion for no apparent reason, which can be quite annoying.

The solution is to not have triple loading screens on occasion by adjusting whatever is necessary so that you only load ONCE every time you respawn.
That's related to how much memory you have in your PC and video card, if I've understood what you're saying correctly.
Old 2013-01-06, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
xboxerdude
Private

Drop pod max suit bug.

An example for those who have no idea what it is (happens to me 80% of the time i do this ...)

Put on max suit at warpgate. Now to use the quick deploy you must wait the for the tnire respawn timer on the max to cooldown again. Quickdeploy to a different continent than the one you are on. you will drop pod down but you will have no resistance at all. So your health will be full but it will take litterally under a second to drop you with an gun. its like 4-5 shots with a pistol will take a down a max when this happens. A medic with its regular gun can kill a max in under a second. This bug has cost me so much time and deaths. And then when you drop pod it start the whole timerover again. So to droppod instant action in a max you must wait 3 cool down cycles and you have an 80% chance of having no resistance when you drop. What a load of crap.
Old 2013-01-06, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Problem: Players exploiting the XP system by zerging towards the next facility that's about to be captured instead of actually committing to a battle for a facility that has strategic value.

Secondary Problem: Players camping spawn buildings with HE-equipped vehicles getting ridiculous amounts of XP for their fairly skill-less farming.

Tertiary Problem: Players not defending because there is no tangible benefit to defending; they are largely unaware of the XP bonuses.

Solutions: See link in signature.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion