PS Code of Honor Pact - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-03-29, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mightymouser
Master Sergeant

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
Fine. Here's your wall of text. I can't say i didn't try...

Oh yea...i'm sure your collective QQing totally stopped them in their tracks...OH WAIT. They never wanted or needed your respect or acceptance. That's why they did what they did. That, and it was probably the most hilarious shit ever to them. Trolls have an odd sense of humor.
I didn't say they stopped, I said it was the point where the majority of the community recognized them as a collection of asshats, and there was a collective outcry against their actions. Which, as it happens, is more important to this discussion. No one here is arguing that there aren't trolls, nor that they can somehow be prevented from trolling. Rather, the objective of this thread from the start was to point out game play elements which are destructive to the game, and to ask those that care about making "the game more enjoyable as a whole" to do their part to keep numbers up by providing fun fights, rather than running players off with cheap tactics.

All of this could've been avoided if they'd just done their stupid-ass "funeral" in a Warpgate or something...

Better yet, they could've gone to his ACTUAL funeral like oh i dunno...real people? GAMES ARE SUPER CERAL GAIS!
The people at that funeral were from around the globe, and attending a funeral in real life wasn't an option (though if memory serves, there were several of the player's outfit mates who did travel to his funeral to pay their respects in person). They also planned to do a few things like OSes, which made doing it in an WG impractical, and (as this was the first PS funeral) there was no precedent for jackasses trying to disrupt it. I doubt the organizers of the service considered that a group of twats would take it upon themselves to fly to an out of the way cont, and an out of the way place on that cont, with the sole intention of being little shits.

This may seem unthinkable to you, since you appear to be the type of asshole nit-wit that doesn't develop real tight friendships, but some of the players playing PS1 had spent hours upon hours with each other, they shared the joys and grief of not only in-game triumphs and losses, but cheered and consoled each other when real life situations arose as well. No, the game isn't super serious, but the relationships that have been built in it can certainly be quite serious. And it is only natural when a dear friend dies to want to mourn them in the way you spent so much time with them.

Anyhow, the only way the instance you describe and this argument are the same is this: A statment was made. In my case, its something along the lines of...

None of you have any actual authority to enforce the rules that were stated, so why bother in the first place? Why give even a single fuck? What that answer is, i can't say for certain. All I can say for sure is that i don't agree with it. If i have to delve any deeper than that, then i'm going to get irritated.
Oh, I think I see the issue here. You're one of the immature dolts who can't fathom a situation where people would work together if there isn't a overriding authority figure forcing them to do so, one of the people with little-to-no moral fiber or integrity who only follows a rule or code because you're afraid of the consequences if you get caught not doing so... Well, this might come as a crazy surprise to you, but not everyone is like that; some people will actually work towards a common good because they recognize the benefit for themselves if the common good prospers.

In this case, the common good is the extended life of PlanetSide 1, and the more players who are playing in a manner similar to the code D2A laid out, the more fun the game will be for everyone and the long the game itself will last. Some people will see that, and work towards that common good, others (like yourself) will not, and will 'play the game, and everyone else can leave'...

He insisting on something. Otherwise, he wouldn't have bothered. As are you, since you bothered me. This list of "guidelines" sounds like something that should be taken up with an outfit or clan. Not tossed on here like you've got the balls and brains to make it stick.
You should try reading a bit closer, as you seemed to have missed a few key points from the first post (and then undoubtedly overlooked them as they've been reiterated time and again):
Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
This is, obviously, a voluntary list of mostly general guidelines that I personally feel players could follow to make the game more enjoyable as a whole and cease in detracting players from the game.
Originally Posted by Death2All View Post
I understand that some people will probably read this and do the exact opposite just in spite of it being suggested, and that's fine. But I would like to encourage as many people as possible to follow through with this list and just try and make the game as enjoyable and frustration free as we possibly can.
The point of this list is to give those who do care about the longevity of the game a place to discuss the things that can be done to make it as fun as possible, and the things that, when done, detract from the game experience as a whole...

You must've been playing another game for the last decade or something. You do know that we're talking about Planetside...right? The game's entire existence revolves around ruining someone else's day. IT'S A WAR GAME. The only objective of war to walk away from it intact, more or less.
I guess we must have been playing another game indeed, because the game I was playing had players TK'ing people who ruined fun fights by dropping the gen. The game I was playing had vast numbers of people complaining very, very, loudly about the CNs 'lame' tactics of using absolutely overwhelming force to overrun fights and destroy all fun (SgtMAD knows something about that, I believe). That the community opposed such 'lame' tactics so aggressively and vocally suggests that (in the game I was playing) there is certainly an understanding that somethings are destructive towards the game as a whole, and it is in the interest of all players that such things aren't done...

Given that such a sizable block of that community existed, it seems perfectly logical to work out what those destructive tactics are and how they can be avoided...

First off, fuck you for being a passive aggressive weiner. Secondly, there are varying "guidlines" in the escalation of battle. Most of which are murky at best. Pray for the best, prepare for the worst. Your team is counting on you to SUCCEED. Not make excuses or whine. More than anything else, people like to "win". This isn't to say that exploits and hacking are acceptable, but if my crew needs me to blow a generator, pull a MAX, Flail an enemy courtyard, etc. then i'm going to do it. It's your job to figure out how to stop me and vice-versa.
I'm not sure passive aggressive means what you think it means, because nothing I said there is passive aggressive at all, in fact quite the opposite, I stated my opinion blatantly and frankly... As for the 'more than anything else people like to win' bit, I'd suggest that is true of only a small minority of players, and I point to the above examples of protests against of gen blowing and CN-style lameness as exhibits of people unhappy with the tactics their own empire uses to win. This is a game after all, and turning pixels colors isn't what's important. It's having fun playing the game that's important.

There. The first of many here. You and D2A have made my shit-list. A mistake on your part. SgtMAD can attest to this...assuming he cares at all. My guess is he's waiting for his popcorn in the microwave.
Words truly fail me, indeed there is not a word known to me in the whole of the English language which adequately encompasses the absolute lack of care on my part as to having been nominated and confirmed as a member of your shit-list.

Last edited by Mightymouser; 2014-03-29 at 12:20 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion