Gameplay: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Haha you guys have cars in Canada?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-08-21, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Xaine
Major

Re: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas.

It would be cool if there was a melee version of each MAX. Lighter armour, faster - but with NO ranged weapons at all.

Does want.
Old 2011-08-22, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
It would be cool if there was a melee version of each MAX. Lighter armour, faster - but with NO ranged weapons at all.

Does want.

Yeah a melee version could be quite cool.
Old 2011-08-22, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Tycho
Private

Thumbs up Re: Vanu Mechanized Assault Exo-Suit (MAX) Ideas.

Does want.
Agree
Old 2011-08-22, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Does want.
I just can't see a use for a melee only version of a MAX suit.
Outside of the OMG, AWESOMESAUCE aspect, what would it bring to the battlefield? Sure, it would be neat. But I'd love to see the Death Star on the Commander skill tree. But I doubt I'll get that.

If you can tell me how this would benefit the game, then I'll give you my attention.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-22, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Melee would be bad. Last thing you want is some friendly in among a group of hostiles trying to melee them causing everyone else to rack up grief points, or worse - hold their fire to avoid it. It would be like giving the other team a hostage.

Its cool, but not practical.
Old 2011-08-22, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by InternetZombie View Post
I love it, all of it.

I'd actually like to see all MAX units have some sort of melee weapon, VS should get some kind of laser sword, NC should get something like an impact hammer, and the TR.....well idk what they should get but I'd love to see laser swords and impact hammers on VS and NC MAX units respectively.

*idea* Give the TR max's chainsaw swords.
TR one should just punch people! Giant robot suit punching things FTW!
Old 2011-08-22, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't like the idea of melee maxes (just stylistically, although Malorn does raise good points). But if I did, I would want the NC version to use a hammer, and to yell the appropriate catchphrase everytime it attacked.
Old 2011-08-23, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Melee would be bad. Last thing you want is some friendly in among a group of hostiles trying to melee them causing everyone else to rack up grief points, or worse - hold their fire to avoid it. It would be like giving the other team a hostage.

Its cool, but not practical.
At the same time I don't think you can honestly say this isn't already the case with a lot of players and their shotguns or jackhammers that run toward that group of enemies guns blazing.

That's been a problem forever, and it's kind of always been a tactical decision whether to hold fire in those situations or just mow them with the rest of them.

If anything, having it be a max would cut down on grief because the AI weapons wouldn't be as potent against the friendly max.

But if it comes back to why we need it, literally all I can come up with is the "Awesome" factor, even in my opening post... because it's not necessary, but dammit not everything must be necessary in an MMO that will have so much customization.

I know you'll hate to have me say it but I think the only way it could be practical is with a VANU max assuming it has these dash mechanics and agility to breach BEHIND the lines, forcing the enemy to turn around and fire, risking hitting their own team-mates. Essentially it would serve as a huge disruption of focus-fire.
Old 2011-08-24, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Senyu
First Lieutenant

I see it as dashes and/or quick vertical leaps.

Also love the look of it. It almost has an organic feel to it. Technology getting closer to biology type of thing.
Old 2011-08-24, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tikuto
Major

I'd like MAX units to be able to levitate and stuff like the old PS1 VS MAX. Makes sense for awesome gameplay but, of course, major hinderence with bulk and etc,etc.
The VS MAX can levitate. Cool. We all love it. The new design for the VS MAX in PS2 ought to incorporate VS anti-gravitation thrusting unlike rocketry. All sounds cool to me.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-08-24 at 07:27 AM.
Old 2011-08-24, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Tikuto
Major

Does want.
That sparks an awesome idea I've mentioned for another game!

Where the MAX is Mechanized, another suit very much Infiltration Suit-like could be 'exo-skeleton'. Imagine a symbiotic exo-suit (SEX?). An exo-skeleton suit for physical improvement (Melee, Incredible Run-speed and Jump, ).

MAX for assault.
SEX for skirmish. "lol rape!"
Old 2011-08-25, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Brusi
Contributor
Major

hahaha, reading your post while looking at your avater!
Old 2011-08-25, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Atuday
Master Sergeant

For the weapon I would like to see a beam cannon for anti infantry like the vanu BFR had. Probably not as powerful but being able to aim that kind of power would cut through infantry oh so fast.
Old 2011-08-26, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Atuday View Post
For the weapon I would like to see a beam cannon for anti infantry like the vanu BFR had. Probably not as powerful but being able to aim that kind of power would cut through infantry oh so fast.
Yes!

Ever since I have learned a new Planetside is being made I have hoped beyond hope that the most awesome weapon ever to grace Auraxis would make a glorious return.
I am of course talking about the Continuous Laser.
I guess it's too much to hope that it would be the VS assault rifle analogue, since a hitscan "MA" weapon with perfect accuracy sounds quite overpowered, but it would fit in all right as a MAX weapon

This hope was only reinforced when I saw what the new Vs MAX looks like.

Laser beam + new shiny graphics = WIN!

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2011-08-26 at 04:24 AM.
Old 2011-08-28, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I love this idea! Then again I am a Gundam fan.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault