Can Factions Move to another foothold? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: my last quote what should I put?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-30, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DownloadFailed
Corporal

Can Factions Move to another foothold?

I've thought about this and wondered: Can factions move to another foothold? Currently, I picture the three factions taking up their respective thirds of a continent and more or less staying there, stagnant. If footholds don't move between factions, then each faction will pretty much always have a set of territories that will almost always be theirs and factions won't stray too far from their "side" of the continent. Only the middle of the continent would be hotly contested over. Territory shifting is fine, but entire empire shifting would be cooler.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SystematicKillr
Private

Re: Can Factions Move to another foothold?

I haven't heard anything about this so as of right now your starting foothold is the one you have forever but truly we don't know
Old 2012-06-30, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

This has been a concern raised by the community a few times now. The general consensus seems to be that with the more limited play space available (only three continents at launch) that making footholds capturable, and thus risking an Empire being totally kicked off a continent, would be too limiting. Artificially jumping Foothold ownership doesn't seem that much better because not only does it make territory capture and control feel less important but it would also create an odd 'mad dash' feeling as everyone online rushes towards their new 'home territory'.

That said the Devs seem open to the idea of making Footholds capturable, or even changing the system for a new one, once there are a few more continents added to the game. Which I would hope is the case.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SystematicKillr
Private

I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs start working on a new cont a few days after release. Three continents can hold us for a little bit but it could get a little repetitive quickly and even more so if there are constant stalemates which might also be the case.

Hope the Lattice system or something similar gets put in once we have a decent amount of conts.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
cBselfmonkey
Sergeant

Well they probably have several conts that could be ready for launch. The thing is these conts haven't actually been tested yet. A few hundred SOE employees is only scratching the surface and even Beta probably won't work out every issue. If there are problems with the Hex system or resource distribution or cont layouts its easier to fix three conts then ten at launch.
Old 2012-07-01, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SystematicKillr
Private

If there are problems with the Hex system or resource distribution or cont layouts its easier to fix three conts then ten at launch.
For sure

Well they probably have several conts that could be ready for launch.
With the amount of work that goes into each cont, i don't think so. I mean we have only seen screenshots of one continent so far and are almost in Beta. Generally by the time Beta comes around i'd say 75% of the game is complete so they wouldn't even waste time on continents that wouldn't be in right away
Old 2012-07-01, 04:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Karrade
First Sergeant

I suggested monthly rotating faction footholds to make the gameworld more dynamic, and give people more perspectives/replayability to the battlefield (extending the life of the game), it was shot down by just about everyone.

This is better as most of the reasons it was shot down don't exist but one still does. - Player made towers was a reason that still exists, but vs all the extended life of the game, I don't think it even comes close (for me).

Nice idea. - At least here the faction can choose to swap footholds.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions