What are the chances of open beta - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's an admin? Is he like god?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-16, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Open beta will probably be 4-6 weeks away. Open beta also will probably be fairly short, 2-3 weeks.

If you have 10,000-20,000 testers, that is probably going to be about a 25-50% chance of getting in, maybe a bit higher (the hidden community and amount of people that will flock to a free game beta or not will be fairly high).

On open beta it is pretty much completely random who they select, I doubt they will have any requirements.
Old 2003-02-16, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arshune
Captain

The NDA will almost certainly be gone for the big beta for one reason-word of mouth marketing is free and spreads faster than anything else. So get ready to open your big fat yaps.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-16, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

PS community is only 20000 people right now. And id guess less. Dont worry to much about open beta. If you have broadband and a decent computer, i doubt theyll leave you out. Me, im on cable with two times the minimum requirments. plus, i check the forums every night so i should be one of the first few to sign up.
Old 2003-02-16, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

13,000 people signed up for the one 3 months ago, and how big do you really think the community was then? I doubt it was 13,000 big, it was probably more like 5,000, if that.
Old 2003-02-16, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Madcat170
Sergeant

Originally posted by Flameseeker
what's with the 18 age limit???
So they can put in a Non Disclosure Agreement which means u cant run around telling people whats in the game which stops you from going to other companies who will steal ideas....

NDA wont be on an open beta because its open meaning any 1 can play as long as there is places for them....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion