System Requirements - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PSU v2, like PSU with go faster stripes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-10, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Faarooq
Private

System Requirements

Any indication as to what these may be for the beta?
Old 2012-06-10, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Re: System Requirements

Originally Posted by Faarooq View Post
Any indication as to what these may be for the beta?
It's been stated that the game is going to be targeted at <5 year old hardware. So you should be fine with a modern dual core and graphics card at a minimum.
Old 2012-06-10, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Karriz
Private

I'm most worried about internet requirements, as I only have a 1MB connection (fastest possible here). When each continent has 2000 players running around, won't it require a lot of bandwidth?
Old 2012-06-10, 01:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Karriz View Post
I'm most worried about internet requirements, as I only have a 1MB connection (fastest possible here). When each continent has 2000 players running around, won't it require a lot of bandwidth?
PS1 ran just fine on normal connections. I'm sure PS2 will follow that.
Old 2012-06-11, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Karriz View Post
a lot of the data required for gameplay is going to be serverside, meaning we need less bandwidth but their servers need to be better
Old 2012-06-11, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I'm considering either buying a new pc or upgrading the GPU and PSU on this one. Can you tell me if HD 3870 would work on my pc and run most games such as tribes ascend, assassins creed, fear, and crysis?(And sniper elite v2 as well. :P)

Amd Phenom II X3 710(2.6 ghz, considering slight overclock if I'm desperate.)
Ati radeon hd 4200(I'm certain this garbage is what giving me terrible 5-17 max framerates on all the games I mentioned above even with 600x400 and everything down+some tweaks.
3 GB ram(considering 4 GB)?
Old 2012-06-11, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

3870 is already 4 generations old. Thats a bad card to be getting, so I am not sure why you would be doing that. What specific PSU do you have and how much do you want to spend?
Old 2012-06-11, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
3870 is already 4 generations old. Thats a bad card to be getting, so I am not sure why you would be doing that. What specific PSU do you have and how much do you want to spend?
I have a 450 Watt psu, and I already spent the last 2 years getting good grades, and when I checked for the 560(which seemed like a good card), it turned out to be too expensive. I'm guessing somewhere between 700 or so pounds.(Egyptian pounds.)

And if that's the case, what's a not so expensive card that can play modern games quite well? On game debate many people said that the 3870 was a good one.
And if you need more information, I'm planning to play 1024x800 or slightly higher. Probably low or medium settings most of the time.

Last edited by ThermalReaper; 2012-06-11 at 08:52 AM.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Egypt? Wow.

Who makes the 450W and what model?

Cheap graphics that are still available on the market would be the Nvidia GTS 450 or GTX 550 Ti and AMD is 6750/6770 or 7750/7700. If you really had to bottom out you possibly could get away with the Nvidia GT 430 or AMD 6670. You may not have to get a new PSU with those either. Spending more on a video card would be waste due to that resolution also.

I found this site that has up to date prices on video cards. Are any of these places near you that stock the 7750? Link

Last edited by Goku; 2012-06-11 at 09:18 AM.
Old 2012-06-11, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Oh my god, the 560 was 1600 LE + the PSU was somewhere between 300-500 LE Thanks for making me notice this and this site.
Will my current computer work fine with the 7750 or will something bottleneck the other?

Last edited by ThermalReaper; 2012-06-11 at 09:46 AM.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Shouldn't be any kind of bottleneck. The 710 is still a ok processor also and should be above the minimum specs for PS2. The 7750 is very power efficient and should be fine with your current PSU. However do you have any idea on the make/model?
Old 2012-06-11, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I'll soon go ahead and clean my case from any dust. I'll take note of what make. Thank you, You might have just saved me from buying a new pc.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

You're welcome. If you have any further questions go ahead and make a thread in the Tech Forum.
Old 2012-06-11, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Just one, would it be worth it to upgrade my PSU to support a 7770?
Old 2012-06-11, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I don't think you will notice the difference between the 7770 and 7750 at your resolution to be honest.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions