Experience gains for logistics? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When shooting people in real life gets boring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-28, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info
Experience gains for logistics?

Mainly I'm referring to dropping people from a Galaxy.

On phone and cant do a search and I dont remember seeing info on this.

Question: If I'm flying my galaxy and make, say 6 trips loaded and drop peeps on an objective, am I going to get any experience?

I could make a night of flying from a spawn area to objective dropping people and would enjoy doing so. However, if there wasn't incentive then.....

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-28, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Experience gains for logistics?

I like the idea of giving transport vehicle pilots XP based on kills or objectives the troops they drop off secure.

If you're a gal pilot and you're shuttling squads to various hotdrop locations. Then lets say those troops make kills while securing an objective. A percent of the XP gained from each kill would be given to you (as your own XP, not taken from theirs). Additionally, if they capture an objective, you get a certain percent of that as well.

I think it could be a really viable way to get XP for people who maybe aren't of the more twitchy FPS mindset..I just don't know if this is how they do it or not...

EDIT: As an example: If you drop off a 10 man squad over a cap point and the squad kills 5 guys once they drop and secure the point. Those 5 kills give, lets say, 1000 XP collectively, you would get 150xp for the kills those troops made. Additionally, if capturing the point gave 500 XP, you'd be given 75 xp. If the XP bonuses continued until a soldier died and you transport multiple squads...that's pretty good XP and a good incentive to gal pilots.

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-06-28 at 06:23 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hrongar
Private

I hope they figure out a way to put that in the game. You could get assists from people's kills that occured in the life they deployed from your galaxy.

But I think it's safe to say you'll at least get some xp by having people spawn on your galaxy.
Old 2012-06-28, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

I'm sure they'll figure out something to give some incentive for that kind of gameplay.

Note: They did say that exp is given for people spawning at the Galaxy (and Sunderer)

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-06-29, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GoldDragon
Corporal

This is already in PlanetSide so I don't see why it won't carry over. In PlanetSide, the way it works is if someone has been in your transport and goes on to score kills you gain assists. Every few minutes, you gain support experience based on the assists you have accumulated since the last "round up". Support XP is the same thing as BEP but earned through support actions; AMS, Medic, Engi, Transporting.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
regisp
Private

I certainly hope you get experience by doing at least that. Perhaps points per dropped person, and people who spawn on you once you have landed the galaxy to become the spawn point.

Seems like a good idea overall, and one to hope for.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions