More Load-Outs per Class? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: got me in trouble at work!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-01, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Crator
Major General

More Load-Outs per Class?

Ok, so I want to get different guns for specific classes but I'm limited to 3 load-outs only. And I'm using all 3 load-outs already. So I'm reluctant to spend SC or certs to get them. Why can't we have more load-out slots?
Old 2013-06-01, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DarkBalths
Corporal

Re: More Load-Outs per Class?

Unlock the gun and change the loadout?
Old 2013-06-01, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Falcon_br
Captain

Yeah dude, just because you have 4 weapons it doesnt mean you need 4 load outs, just make one for each situation you like and if needed, change the weapon for it.
With 5 LMG, one Battle rifle, one shotgun and one smg for my heavy assault, I have one load out for close range, another for mid and the last one for long, the first one I use the msw-r or the shotgun, the second one I use the t16 rhino or the t9 carv and on the last one I use the tmg-50 or the battle rifle, I really dont use smg with the heavy assault, smg is for my infiltrator only, all other classes got better weapons.
I also have 5 out of 6 launchers, I could use 6 loudout so I didnt need to change the primary weapons and all attachments, but the truth is, the TR players should only use 2 launchers, the decimator or the striker, all others are obsolete. Change then on the needed, striker on open grounds, decimator to close, or fight maxes and turrets.

There is on the roadmap a loadout revamp, so lets wait and see.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-06-01 at 01:09 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crator
Major General

Bleh... I don't even like the way they provide switching load-outs currently (drop-down menu > Resupply button), much less having to switch guns per load-out based on situation. I could have 10 infantry load-outs in PS1 (5 load-outs for vehicles), and that was still too little for the amount of options I had to fill. Granted, load-outs in PS1 weren't tied to class, but still. There's many more options in PS2, and they sell for real money. Why not let me create my load-outs the way I want as many ways I want? It would make money sense for SOE.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-01 at 01:21 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

To me, the issue you bring up in your second post Crator is the more annoying of the two. If I'm switching the gear in my loadout it's probably because I've got a few seconds. When I'm switching loadouts then having a shortcut somewhere on the keyboard (i.e. numbers 1,2,3) instead of clicking, dragging and clicking. Only to drop with the wrong loadout or something else.
Of course, in the overall scheme of things these are piddly little complaints, but valid nonetheless.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-01, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

limiting the number of loadouts is no longer necessary since they don't sell single use camo's anymore.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I would enjoy and make good use of having 5 load outs instead of 3.

I would probably only use them on my favorite class - but I play that class probably 80% of the time.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-06-01 at 05:03 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
isilyan
Private

More loadouts per class/vehicle would be nice
And btw also diffrent weapons loadouts(get reset when you change,Beyond the 3 class loadouts), spend way too much time fiddling in the loadouts

Last edited by isilyan; 2013-06-01 at 05:35 PM.
Old 2013-06-01, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I could easily take advantage of 10 load outs per class, and per vehicle. It's something they know is an issue and are working on it, but I bet they end up selling them.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-06-02 at 02:38 PM.
Old 2013-06-02, 02:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
League
Contributor
Private

I'd be happy to pay for additional load-out slots.
Old 2013-06-02, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I've always believed you should be able to press 1-6 for your class and then 1-3 for your loadouts, maybe pressing 7 or 0 or something to go back so you don't have to do any clicking. This would make switching classes and loadouts on the fly as the situation changes much more manageable.
Old 2013-06-02, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

i would like to have a list of 10 loadouts on the topmenu of the terminal. not per class.

and being able to choose by pressing a number.
the devs promised to speed up ps2 compared to ps1, but all the things that were fast already in ps1 are now slowed down extremely.

i want to run up to a ams, hit e and 6 and have my anti air heavy. then run back to the ams, hit e and 0 and have my scattermax.
this was a matter of milliseconds in ps1 (as long as the terminalbug didn´t show up)
in ps2 i am killed at an ams often, because i need time to click through the menu and find what i want.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-02, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I would like to add, the limit of loadouts has kept me from spending more money.

Honestly over time I can see myself buying several weapons for each class, but why buy them if I have to go into the menu to manually change out weapons and attachments every respawn?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-06-03, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Why can't we have more load-out slots?
Because Sony wants you to spend your fucking money. This is a company, not a social service. Duh.
Old 2013-06-03, 03:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
Because Sony wants you to spend your fucking money. This is a company, not a social service. Duh.
what kind of explanation is this?

a lot of people don´t spend more money just because we don´t have more loadouts!

do you even realise what people are asking for in this thread? they don´t want the stuff in the loadouts, but the option to save more of their loadout configurations without having to do the annoying micromanagement every time.

i think the micromanagement of loadouts in ps2 is far more annoying than the backpack tetris ever was in ps1.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion