sensors and lightning guns - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why SOE took all the Breweries off of Auraxis.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-25, 10:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Feign
Staff Sergeant

Yes that is correct sorry, hehe, do you actually carry 5 ACEs?? I carry 4 and leave the REK in my hand as I am also an Adv hacker. I dont carry a gun but Hacking is the perfect compliment to Combat Engineering as it allows you to throw down mines all over an enemy base, hack a terminal inside and restock without leaving. Using this method you can pepper 15-20 mines throughout enemy territory then sit back and watch them get pissed off. Hacking also lets you take all sorts of terminals and such from them. Combining these 2 roles makes for the biggest annoyance possible to the enemy. This class combo is also about the only unit capable of extended solo missions inside enemy territory. On more then one occasion I have spent over an hour harrasing a single base by myself without dying. You are pretty much restricted to Mines and Boomers but when used correctly you can still rack up plenty of kills and REALLY make people want you dead. After the 4th or 5th time someone dies on a mine just trying to leave their base you start getting pretty low exp from them though.

=)

Feign
Old 2003-04-25, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I'm a hacker too.... I used to carry and a REK, but prefer to carry that extra ACE. There is almost always a corpse around (or use a boomer to turn a Terran into one ), and 99% of the time a REK is on it.

Easy to find REK's and pistols on corpses.... very rare to find more ACE's.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-25, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Feign
Staff Sergeant

Exactly, almost never get ACES from corpses, but REK = Free ACEs from any terminal. That way if I manage to run out of ACEs im not left with just my knife.

Here is a good trick for any wannabe Combat Engineers:

Place a motion detector in a CC room and leave a boomer sitting as much out of sight at the CC as well. Put that detonator in your inventory and forget about it for awhile. As soon as you see someone has entered the CC grab it up and press the button. Goodbye hacker.

Feign
Old 2003-04-25, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Feign
Staff Sergeant

Oh yeah, be careful with that one though, pretty easy to take out a bunch of friendlies if there is a battle going on there and you just dont know it.

Feign
Old 2003-04-25, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I should have mentioned that i am not advanced hacker yet (only BR10) i will get advanced hacking at br 12. I could have gotten it already but i decided to pick up galaxy cert.

If i were an advanced hacker too, i would probably carry a REK.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-04-26, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
simba
Major

cool, can u tell me how long time it takes for a non-hacker, an basic hacker and a advanced hacker to hack differnet things such as:
Equipment term
vehicle term
health term
CC

thankyou
Old 2003-04-26, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
MercFox1
Staff Sergeant

I think they'd all hack in the same ammount of time except the CC. But if they aren't all the same it would have to be CC, equipment term, vehicle, medical

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion