Fighting NC - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: They have the Internet on computers now?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-17, 03:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Trol
Staff Sergeant

The Jackhammer only does a little more damage than a regular shotgun. I use a shotgun, its just as effective but with only half the clip size.

Catacombs Network News:
DAoC Catacombs
WoW Catacombs
Final Fantasy Catacombs
Old 2003-06-17, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cyber
Corporal

I fully admit to making an effort to avoid fighting the NC in favor of fighting the Vanu. It's more fun and less people complain about things over TS when we're fighting them. As a result ya, I've actively encouraged squads I'm in to goto places we can fight the VS even if there was a 'need' for TR to resecure our own backyard.

And watching the population numbers on the continents last night, I think that I'm not alone. 40-50% on Esamir, 100% all the time on Amerish... and on the nearly locked by NC backdoors? 10%... 15% if your lucky.
Old 2003-06-17, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I prefer to fight the NC myself.. How else am I going to stock my locker with shotty goodness? I'm down to about 7 hammers left, it's almost time to wreck another smurf tower.
Old 2003-06-17, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
kidriot
Sergeant Major

lancer is the best weapon in the game.

what can't you kill w/it?

want to kill infantry AND maxes AND vehicles? loot a lancer

jackhammer, however "overpowered" it may seem, is still limited. if you want a shot at killing maxes with it you have to have a jackhammer with ap ammo. and if you're solo, you gotta be smart enough to dance out of his attack range.

the problem is that the jackhammer is used in mass numbers. that doesn't necessarily mean it's the greatest weapon. it just means that in a zerg vs zerg fight, when the fighting is indoors, the mass jackhammers will win. because it's a tough weapon in its own right and even vs pounders a base will eventually fall neutral.
Old 2003-06-17, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Yogi
Master Sergeant

If we have a choice between NC and VS, VS always wins. Every member of my outfit has their lockers full of Jackhammers. Even those who can't carry one keep them around to give to the people with the HA cert. Not one of my guys has a HA cert to use the chain gun.

[ Inquisition - Team Captain | Tribalwar PHP Guru | F*ck Duke ]
Old 2003-06-17, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Trol
The Jackhammer only does a little more damage than a regular shotgun. I use a shotgun, its just as effective but with only half the clip size.
Jackhammer fires faster, has a tigher COF, and has double the ammo. Please, give the "it's just like a Sweeper" argument a break. It's been disproved far too many times to have any weight at this point.
Old 2003-06-17, 04:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

The lancer is way more challenging to use effectively than the jackhammer, and even in the hands of an expert it cannot compete with the Jackhammer in kills over time. I don't think anyone is arguing that the jackhammer is unlimited. The range is an obvious limitation, and there are still others that are less pronounced but still very real.

I'm not sure I would call the Jackhammer the best weapon in the game. However, it is my favorite weapon, because it is easy to use and obliterates my enemies in satisfying fashion. It is also a much better loot than the lancer, because it uses standard shotgun shells for ammo. Keeping both lancers and lancer ammo stocked is a much more difficult task.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion