How will PS run on this system? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We stole Spock's brain.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-27, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Goddslayer
Private

How will PS run on this system?

Hey everyone.. I bought PS, and while it is an amazing game (Well, what I've been able to play of it), my computer just cannot handle it. Right now im running on a P3 1ghz, 256mb ram, with an old geforce3. It works well for most games, but the computer is just getting old, and it cant handle alot of the new stuff that is coming out. I planned on buying a new computer anyways, the only problem is, I'm on a fairly tight budget, being in college and all, so I cant really splurge 1500 bucks for a computer.

Im putting together a system myself, Ill be able to get all this for around 650, which is right where I want to be. I dont think I want to go much higher than that. I dont need a monitor, keyboard, speakers, so that stuff saves me some cash. Anyways, here's what im looking at.. tell me how you think PS would run on such a system.

AMD Athlon XP Barton 2500+ (The 2500 overclocked is faster than the 2800+ and about 50 bucks cheaper).

Abit NF7-S Motherboard

512 MB PC3200 RAM (Will upgrade to 1Gig later)

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600XT

I dont think the hard drive and other drives really matter so I didnt mention them. That's the core stuff that's important for gaming. If anyone has a comparable system, please tell me how it runs PS. On the system I'm using right now, it's just lag lag lag lockup and die, so hopefully I'll have better luck with a new system.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
I Hate Pants
General

You need atleast 512mb of ram to play this game (although 1 gig is even better). Also try upgrading your graphic card.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xxzard
Sergeant

You don't "need" 512 or 1gig RAM, i play with 256. if you don't upgrade you should get prepared for firing at someone (game lags here) and then they aren't there--- they are behind you and you are dead.+ if you want to use vehicles you can't do it well, once my computer froze for 2 minutes when i was coming towards a friendly base because there was 5 other aircraft. anyway i'm going to upgrade and i advise you should too.

damn lag monster
Old 2003-11-27, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
I Hate Pants
General

wow! you can play with 256? I envy you. Last time I tried that was on the 7 day trial before I got the game. I lagged like hell. Everytime I met more than 3 enemies I would lagg real bad. So I upgraded to 512 and its much better. Although could be better. Im getting 768mb soon. Im sure that'll make a difference.
Old 2003-11-27, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Thats good stuff you have there it should run PS quite well. But you may want to ot for pc3200 becasue you won't have to upgrade if you upgrade your processor, you get a bit more preformance and its only like 10 bucks more

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2003-11-27 at 02:29 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion