The Vanu - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Peceful Singing Unicorns
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-06, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
The three factions form a united front to ward off dev-controlled AI alien hordes, eh? Sounds interesting, would have to make a seperate server for it, though. Don't force it on anyone.

Edit: I'm a l33t Whore now!
Terran? Side with the barnies? Unlikely.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-06, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
pyro
Private

I personally think it would be outstanding to have the aliens that wiped out the vanu return completely out of the blue. Imagine the situation.

Tr,NC and Vs all fighting over a continent, all of a sudden the sky blackens and overhead they hear a low cut humming noise. Looking up they see a huge airship slowly drift from the blackened clouds, and out of this Hotdrop 200 Aliens twice the size of the MAX.

They proceed to wipe out the front line of the attacking TR force while the defending VR stand there in awe. At which point war is declared and all 3 factions send as many troops as they can to destroy this new found threat.

Would certainly bring in a new angle to the game.
Old 2003-06-06, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

Who says we're not alien right now? Mwahahahahah!

Old 2003-06-06, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sp3ctre
Sergeant Major

Maybe the aliens who wiped out the Vanu were.....

PREDATORS!

They're the best. A joint venture could be created to put in the Predator race for a month or 2 (When Aliens Vs Predator the movie comes out)
Old 2003-06-06, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chryse
Corporal

Even better idea for PlanetSide 2: the aliens that wiped out the Vanu the first time around reopen the wormhole and start blasting the living hell out of all three empires (especially the Vanu suck-ups for embracing the technology of their ancient enemy). Then, as the aliens are about to overwhelm the humans, an expeditionary armada from the Terran Republic comes through and beats the pulp out of the aliens. In the climactic battle, though, the wormhole again closes stranding the original three empires with remnants of the aliens (who have bases on the Auraxis moons) and surviving TR armada forces (who are none-too-happy with the TR on the planet for letting this all get out of hand in the first place).

Include trans-atmospheric transport to attack orbital stations and alien bases on the moons, or something...
Old 2003-06-06, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
pyro
Private

I like the sound of that. Would be extremely interesting.
Old 2003-06-06, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Searo
Second Lieutenant

I'm guessing if a sequel comes out something like this will happen,

"The wormhole reopens, and a new government comes through. Back at Earth the Terran Republic was overthrown by (name of dictator here) and he formed his (name of powerhungry group here). The Terran Republic and New Conglomerate both fight against this threat, forming the new (Name of TR+NC). Also, the Vanu aliens have returned, but due to the fact Sci Fiction is cheesy, they are humanoid, and lead the Vanu. The end result would be,
(Name of Earth Dictator Race Here) is 1 faction.
(TR+NC) is the second.
(VS+Vanu Aliens) is the third, the only thing the aliens grant them is maybe a choice of Male, Female, or Alien. Alien would merely grant different skins, and perhaps better jumping or something. They won't be revolutionary, and would need a weakness to prevent everyone from being an alien.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion