Battle Stories - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now With More Cinnamon
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-06, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Lilbird2431
LOL needless to say i was pretty happy, so while telling my outfit member about it, i get sniped in the face and die.
Old 2003-06-07, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

bump

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-07, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Doppler
Contributor
Major

*reports post*

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-07, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Darkmasterforum
Private

A squad of around 14 vanu with lancers and lashers started nailing me in a galaxy i pulled up really quickly. i thought i was safe until i heard rockets shoot past me and behind me was a reaver and two mosquitos. The gunners kept missing and the health was going down i kept dodging and lured the flying threesome into an NC held base. With lots of AA MAXs boom one down another and then finnaly the last mosquito bailed

I sparrows now
Old 2003-06-07, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Back about a week ago before I decided I would become the TR and likewise before the MAX nerf, I was playing as an NC Falcon MAX and doing very well too. I guess I was so used to the slow slow Lasher shots pre-buff and the still insanely slow Comet ballz that the faster Falcon missles were much easier to lead.

Yay, an actual benefit to playing on the VS.

Anyway, I had the luck of having an eager engineer in my squad when were trying to cap a TR base. We had managed to hack it, but forces were flooding through the main gate. Bullets, Striker missles, lock on messages, and deaths were rampant. But... there were two figures which stood out in the glory... a lonely mismatch pair of an engineer and AI MAX. But it was a glorious odd couple, as myself would go and cause great damage to those TR bastards, only to retreat behind the wall and get repaired by nearly harmless young engineer. I must have stayed alive about 6 or 7 minutes in those carnage filled archways... It had been sweet.

And then they got more vehicles when we had none, rehacked, and eventually reaver and prowler tower camped us to (Loyalty until) death.
Old 2003-06-07, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Seer
Major

Today on Emerald I dropped into Searhus to find that the vanu were getting their asses kicked at Iva, their last base on the continent. I was using a character whose sole purpose in life was to drive a magrider (name was Cube), and I was disappointed by the fact that I couldn't buy it. Shortly some NC outfit--it had to be an outfit by the way they fought with air, vehicle, and infantry support--decimated us. I would normally recall to sanc at this point, but I decided to spawn at a tower in the volcanic caldera and see if I couldn't get a tank. I hacked a term at the interlink facility and called one up, linking up with an outfit mate that was part of my squad to gun.

This tank lived for a ludicrously long amount of time, owing to the light resistance the NC gave us as we took over every base in the caldera. At one point we were up against a lightly manned Sunder, a vanguard, and a half squad of infantry. They clearly were suprised at our arrival, as they were just loitering in the courtyard when we floated in. Before they knew it, their sunder was down and two av infantryman in the cy fell victim to the ppa. They scrambled to get into the vanguard--only the gunner made it into the turret, as I killed the driver with the ppa. My gunner's shots were true and I managed to dodge every one of the vanguard's, despite the distance between us being less than 15 meters. Soon it was dead and we were left with a few people plinking at us from the walls with small arms. I rolled out, figuring 50% armor was a good time to repair.

We decided that this was not enough of a challenge and gated over to Cyssor, where, sure enough, we did find a challenge. After killing a few terran maxs on their way to resecure leza from the Vanu hack, we arrived at Leza. There was a galaxy over the base which we promptly shot down, but it yielded only one kill (Strygun). We proceded to the tower and circled around it as Striker infantryman took chunks out of us before getting run through with a rail gun. A TR sunder arrived, which my adv targetting told me had at least 7 people in it. We just opened up on it, ignoring the guy with the striker on the balcony. I got inside 15 meters so the 75 mm guns couldn't shoot me, and extraordinarily no one got out. All of a sudden, the Sunder vaulted 10 meters into the air and came back down with a massive explosion, killing all.

Definitely a rush. We lost leza of course, but then again, it's amazing the vanu even have territory on Cyssor.
Old 2003-06-07, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SpacemanSpiff
First Sergeant

Server: Markov
Empire: Terran Republic
Continent: ???
Enemy: New Conglomerate

I was squad lead of the Charlie Squad (third squad) of my outfit. We were one of the only outfits on that particular continent and were being beaten back by the NCs on all fronts. The one base we owned was already being hacked back by the Smurfs, so we were in a desperate situation. We had no AMS, and our only respawn point in the entire continent was the SE Gun Tower of the challenged base.

I ordered my squad to stay put and lay a tower defense as our other 2 squads continued to advanced to retake the hacked base. There were about 6 players in my squad. Fortunately, 4 of them had the MAX cert (combination of Dual Cyclers and Pounders). I immediately ordered 2 Maxes on each of the immediate flight of stairs - allowing all 4 MAXes to fire upon incoming enemy without fear of grief points. I positioned myself behind the MAXes on the top flight of stairs, while another support character positioned himself behind the bottom 2. We must have gone through 3 full nano-clips each trying desperately to keep those MAXes repaired.

This defense lasted for an entire hour of non-stop fighting. We found out that a particular Zerg NC outfit of over 600 members were assaulting us (I have no idea how many there were that night, but there were many). And to this day I am proud to say that the 42nd Fire Ant Brigade held off their onslaught. Our other 2 squads managed to resecure the base. Although we ended up recalling to sanc afterwards because the NC numbers were just too many, it is a memory I shall cherish throughout my Planetside days. It felt like the Alamo.

All hail, the Fire Ants and their TR brethren!
:
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion