[Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR - Page 15 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lather, rince, repeat. Not tested on animals.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-16, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #211
Timujingeo
Private

Re: [Merged] Planetside 2 & TrackIR

I've been using TrackIR in Flashpoint/Arma/Flight Sims for years and it makes the experience a lot more immersive.
Basically in those titles you can quickly look left/right/up/down with only a small movement of your own head.
This is adjustable from the Track software as some new users can feel a little sick with the movement until their brains 'get it'.
Trust me, once you experience the freedom of being able to look freely around without actually moving your body you will be hooked.

PS2 needs native TIR support as quickly as possible IMO as it will make all aspects of situational awareness either from foot or vehicle a lot better.
Old 2012-08-16, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #212
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside 2 & TrackIR

Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Looks great. On the Mechwarrior Online forums, they were also talking about this and one of the Devs implied that they were looking into it. Take note SOE Devs, since MWO is a competitor for PS2, perhaps you guys should look into it so as not to lose your customers(No worries about me, I'll be playing both )
How is MWO a competitor for PS2? They really share NOTHING I common, except for being free to play, it's more of a competitor for WOT.
Old 2012-08-16, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #213
Nemises
Sergeant

^^ Time...

they are competing for limited gamer time
Old 2012-08-17, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #214
dzuari
Private

I would freaking love this, i made my own tracker when playing a flying game with some freeware, web cam and some LED's, it worked great for $30, i'll definitely be getting a TrackIR if planetside implements it.
Old 2012-08-18, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #215
dzuari
Private

Just ran across this video http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/w...hrough-part-iv about six minutes in, the pilot is freelooking, does this mean that we will be able to use head tracking?
Old 2012-08-18, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #216
khord
Private

Think all it means is there's a mouse controlled free-look mode while holding a button or pushing a hotkey.

Might make it easier for them to adapt into headtracking though. Hope so.
Old 2012-08-19, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #217
Anabuki
Private

I think TrackIR support would really make flying in game more attractive for those that use it for flight sims. I also wish that they made the default cockpit view further back in the seat instead of making it seem like your character's constantly hunched forward staring at the targeting reticule. It'd also give a much wider field of view and better situational awareness, and enhance the feel of actually being in a vehicle instead of staring out of a disembodied cockpit-themed HUD.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #218
Archonzero
Sergeant

A freelook option for infantry would be phenomenal.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #219
Hamma
PSU Admin

Ahh the famed TrackIR thread returns!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-09-10, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #220
Froglicker
Corporal

I don't think PS2 needs free-look for infantry, but I do think it'd help a lot. It'd especially help with maintaining the fast paced combat feel by letting players check their flanks when sprinting from cover to cover without having to increase their sprinting strafe speed (which can cause unwanted effects), or letting medics and engineers maintain situational awareness while they do their support duties.
Old 2012-09-10, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #221
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Joystick support fixed first, for my money.
Old 2012-09-15, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #222
DeMiNe0
Private

Originally Posted by Timujingeo View Post
I've been using TrackIR in Flashpoint/Arma/Flight Sims for years and it makes the experience a lot more immersive.
Basically in those titles you can quickly look left/right/up/down with only a small movement of your own head.
This is adjustable from the Track software as some new users can feel a little sick with the movement until their brains 'get it'.
Trust me, once you experience the freedom of being able to look freely around without actually moving your body you will be hooked.

PS2 needs native TIR support as quickly as possible IMO as it will make all aspects of situational awareness either from foot or vehicle a lot better.
I really couldn't nail it down better myself.
Old 2012-11-05, 03:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #223
PetroOmg
Private

Another TrackIR user here, have used it for half a year, and now I find it very difficult to play games without it, and once I tried PlanetSide 2 and hopped on a VTOL, I was instantly trying to check my surroundings by turning my head, and I still keep doing it, I noticed that free look button, but that really doesn't help the people who use TrackIR.
Old 2012-11-20, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #224
planitsider
Private

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
I've mentioned this a few times in other threads, but thought it could use it's own.

So, if anyone isn't familiar with TrackIR, this video explains it pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wXx3vMy_AQ

I think it would be really damn awesome if Forgelight could be made to support this. It would work like wonders in a game like PS2 (really amazing in ARMA2, for example) and does a great deal for situational awareness.

Since Forgelight is likely to be in just about every game they will be making from here on, making it generally speaking compatible with Forgelight would probably make it quite easy to make compatible with each game they have coming in the future with little effort.

It's quite a niche thing, though, and I feel that they won't use the resources on something like this, but it sure would be really awesome.

Naturally any kind of dev reply would be cool, but that's just hoping

EDIT: Good to note that it's not really TrackIR that needs to be implemented, but free look which benefits everyone. After free look is in, TrackIR is easypeasy to integrate to the game.
For all you trackir and freetrack fans.
There is a way to use your freetrack and trackir atm.
As you may or may not know you can look around your cockpit and fly at the same time.
It doesnt seem to be suport of trackir yet.
ive been following the trackir forum as wel.
But there interestit but not yet putting it in.

So i begun to look for a way to tracelate trackit to annolog joystick.
There s a litle program thets caled ppjoy.
im not sure if its alowd to post a link.
this program trancelates your trackir to analog stick.

i hope this wil help you.
If you need help you can pm me.
Have a nice flicht!!

sry for spelling
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion