Another question regarding outfits - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What happens if I press THIS button?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-16, 03:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Anubiz
Private

Another question regarding outfits

Just something that crossed my mind. How are we going to tell outfits apart from one another? Is it going to be like PS1 where you had the name underneath your own, or are we getting some kind of decal on our guy that might show it?

Just wondering if anyone has some info on this.
Old 2012-06-16, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Another question regarding outfits

Originally Posted by Anubiz View Post
Just something that crossed my mind. How are we going to tell outfits apart from one another? Is it going to be like PS1 where you had the name underneath your own, or are we getting some kind of decal on our guy that might show it?

Just wondering if anyone has some info on this.
Decal I think. Devs wanted to get rid of "the fields of green" that you could run into in a place crowded with friendlies.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

I hope it won't be just a decal, tbh. I'd like to tell who is in what crew without having to get within a meter of him, squinting at his armor and then going "hm, what outfit was the yellow squirrel wearing a headset again?"

Could be as simple as only showing the outfit name when I hover my reticule over the guy.
Old 2012-06-19, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

CTRL+N IS IT THAT HARD TO TOGGLE THESE SORTS OF THINGS?

Never had a problem with any fields of green as I just kept mine to name only and only cycled outfit names on when I wanted to check who I was looking at. It may bother some people but I like being able to know who's around me at a glance. Some players need information and some need vision I don't see why we can't have both.

*cough*

Oh, sorry. That's not the question at all is it?
Well in PS we had decals and the ability to have outfit names show up under screen names (could also turn off names all together). You could also tell who was in your outfit by shooting them and if you didn't get reprimanded they were in your outfit.
Old 2012-06-19, 08:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
You could also tell who was in your outfit by shooting them and if you didn't get reprimanded they were in your outfit.
I like this solution

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions