T.Ray's PS2 VS EliteSquad - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: never, under any circumstances, touch my gopher
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-18, 11:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #106
T-Ray
PlanetSide 2
Sr. Art Director

Re: T.Ray's PS2 VS EliteSquad

Originally Posted by FortySe7en View Post
Skills to pay the bills.
post your stats
Old 2012-09-18, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by T-Ray View Post
what filter are you running over the top of that recording?
Color Balance - Reset to none

And the edges are just blurred. Does that mean i'm in? :P

Pure medic. None of this Rocket pod farming or Max humping. Even my Accuracy is 0% because i'm bad ass.

Last edited by Pella; 2012-09-18 at 01:10 PM.
Old 2012-09-18, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Color Balance - Reset to none

And the edges are just blurred. Does that mean i'm in? :P

Pure medic. None of this Rocket pod farming or Max humping. Even my Accuracy is 0% because i'm bad ass.

So, you would leave the TR to be part of the VS elite squad?

You are aware that you cant go back after this, right? Once a VS, always a VS!
Old 2012-09-18, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Yeah no kidding, this shouldn't be people from other factions just wanting to play
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-09-18, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post

TR and VS should team up against the NC menace
Old 2012-09-18, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Here are my stats for your consideration TRay:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kdr.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Orion.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	405.5 KB
ID:	920  

Engineer for NUC's Alpha Squad http://www.nucgaming.com
Old 2012-09-18, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
A 1.3 k/d gtfo.
K/d Doesn't mean anything in a squad based MMO. Any good player would recognize that.

Do you know how easy it would be to completely abandon any sense of team play in this game, and just sit back and snipe people all day for a high K/D..

Oh, you must have been joking. Nevermind.
Old 2012-09-18, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Lol VS Infil sucks, anyone that can manage a high k/d with that shit, welcome!

This is not a squad based mmo fight, this is a 12v12 grudge match. It does not
matter how good at healing others you are or fixing armor, its your k/d. Period.
Let's amuse this ridiculous theory for just a second. If you were to base things off of K/D, then how would you base it off of a leaderboard that hasn't been reset since early August. Those people would clearly have a higher K/D than better players just now getting into the game.

You have probably just never played competitively, which is fine, because that's not something that should be held against someone. But saying K/D is all that matters is a wrong statement. Having a good medic, engi, or air/ground support in a squad can make a break a good push.

Its so easy to camp K/D in this game it's not even funny. Just go to the crown, or allatum, and sit on top with a sniper. Last time I did that I went 88 and 3. To say that takes skill is just plain silly.

Last edited by FortySe7en; 2012-09-18 at 09:59 PM.
Old 2012-09-18, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Lol VS Infil sucks, anyone that can manage a high k/d with that shit, welcome!

This is not a squad based mmo fight, this is a 12v12 grudge match. It does not
matter how good at healing others you are or fixing armor, its your k/d. Period.
I guess so. 1.38 isn't the most effiecent, however I believe the following should be considered.

I'm a competitive gamer, I play to win. I don't make excuses for mistakes I make. I learn from those mistakes. I don't juke stats to have a 2 : 1 KDR, because that may not be what my outfit needs. Sometimes we have to flood points, which lowers KDR effciency, but helps complete the objective.

I have been playing competitive games for 14 years. I started with StarSiege Tribes, playing for top teams, as well as counter strike 1.6, where I played for team TAF in CAL I. I moved on to a Hl1 mod called Natural Selection (their sequel is in beta), where I played for the 3 top teams in all of the major versions of the game (sYn in 1.04, HAM in 2.01 and Team Terror in 3.2) winning several CAL championships with the latter team. I moved on to ET:QW where I played for sponsored team 20ID, until that game folded.

After a decent hiatus, I moved on to Combat Arms, where I played for Rebels of Mankind, a top 5 CTF team, where I maintained a 3.2 KDR in F2P game full of cheaters, hackers and few legitimate players. I then moved on to a game Global Agenda, where I played Vexturia (season 1 winners), Broken Agenda (the team that broke the best agency in the game) Digital Syndicate, and Stryke (amassing 15 AvA victory titles). I then moved on to Firefall, where I was invited to give feedback on the game. You can see me in the following video:
I now play PS2 for Toxin Raiders. The reason for posting my background was not to brag or boast. It was to provide perspective for the lowish KDR. The way I see it, I have the bare minimum competitive requirements for this team. I assume that anyone chosen would have more talent/skill/intelligence/experience than what I have listed here.

If I cannot assume that, and this is really just a promotional idea for the game, that is fine.

However, if I do assume that Higby is recruiting those who exceed my resume, and not necessarily those who can make great youtube videos, than I wouldn't even want to play in this exhibition.

I am confident that no matter who T-ray chooses, it will be a solid squad.

Old 2012-09-18, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by FireWater View Post
I assume that anyone chosen would have more talent/skill/intelligence/experience than what I have listed here.

If I cannot assume that, and this is really just a promotional idea for the game, that is fine.

However, if I do assume that Higby is recruiting those who exceed my resume, and not necessarily those who can make great youtube videos, than I wouldn't even want to play in this exhibition.
Yeah... Higby isn't recruiting people who exceed your resume. I'm on the team.
Old 2012-09-19, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #116
iburnmycd
Sergeant

A 1.3 k/d gtfo.
0.41 k/d here...

I guess I should stop giving my squads orders and actually shoot something. Then again, my play style is that of leadership in battle so I fully expect a low K/d.
Old 2012-09-19, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #117
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post

I only wanted to join the Elite squad to TK you Basti.
Old 2012-09-19, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #118
cryosin
Master Sergeant

Hey TRay and peeps, I had an idea for how to play this out. To showcase to the NC whose boss, I think we should have 4 different matches.

#1: Aircraft duel: We meet up at a location and have a dogfight. Whoever has the last aircraft standing wins. Only Scythes and Reavers(whatever loadout you like).

#2: Tank duel: Meet up at a location well suited for tank fights. You can bring a lightning or MBT with whatever loadout you like. You can only bail out of a tank to repair, you cannot use the heavy assault rockets. No sunderers. We fight over a capture point that is pretty open, so tanks can get in and cap it. Whoever takes over the base(neutral by default) wins. You CAN re-spawn and bring in more tanks.

#3: Infantry battle. Similar to the tank battle. Limit the number of MAX's(?). We fight in a closed area, like a bio lab. Whoever takes it over wins.

Grand finale: Mixed combat. An open area point, that is able to be captured with whatever means necessary. Galaxies, tanks, aircraft etc. First team to capture the point and then defend it for one set(ie: the other team tried to take it back but you held them off) wins the finale.

Tie breakers will be decided by the Grand Finale winner. So, if the NC won the tank match and the aircraft match, but the VS won the grand finale and the infantry match, the VS would win. If one side wins #1-3, it's still not over just yet. If they take the grand finale base and hold it for two rounds(instead of 1) it will be a draw(or win? whatever's fair).

What do you guys think?
Old 2012-09-19, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #119
FireWater
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Anyone know if the alternate was chosen?

Old 2012-09-19, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #120
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

Is it me or does anyone else feel that its a bit bogus that Rival is getting a total of 6 slots (three on higby and three on tray) While long standing outfits and contributors get one. Heck I never even hear of these people till a bit ago.

I understand they are trying to advertise the game through other means of players. But to give these guys a larger chip on their shoulder for doing absolutely nothing but logging in a couple of times, really sucks.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.

Last edited by xSquirtle; 2012-09-19 at 05:59 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion