Thresher - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To shut down Windows, press Start?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-13, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Although I hate the Magrider already, i heavily agree that the Thresher needs a major buff to it's cannon.

Old 2004-02-13, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
BDMJ
First Sergeant

I agree with the previous posters regarding the impotence of the thresher in actual combat. The only buggy that is even remotely capable of engaging a variety of targets is the enforcer, and it accelerates like a geriatric with a broken leg.
Old 2004-02-13, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by apachepilotpat
if you look at all the curret forems about empire weapons you'll see the vs always have the worst no wonder it's always empire needed: vs
Last I checked, all 3 servers needed TR. Whine whine whine.
Old 2004-02-13, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jagd
Last I checked, all 3 servers needed TR. Whine whine whine.
Thank you Jagd.

Old 2004-02-13, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jagd
Major

That's what I'm here for. Well, that and ranting about patches.
Old 2004-02-13, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The Thresher weapon is shite. Sony needs to make the same as the Maelstrom and be done with it
Old 2004-02-13, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Basically it boils down to the fact that the only battlefield use for the Thresher was it's mowing, and that has been taken away from us. Leave the gun alone and GIVE US OUR THRASHER BACK.
Old 2004-02-13, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I love that not even the opposing empires act like the Thresher is worth crap. It's almost impossible to create a weapon/vehicle that is universally pitied across all 3 empires, but the Thresher seems to fit the bill.
Old 2004-02-13, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe they should put a Dual Quasar weapon on it?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-13, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
DHoff
Corporal

I have a great idea, since our magrider has a driver gun and a gunner gun, why not the thresher. Hear me out before saying it is overpowered. The main gun would be the same, maybe the balls would travel faster and/or have a bigger splash radius (they do have one now it's just smaller than a lasher). The driver's "gun" would be a laser/lightning beam that goes from one of the front fender blades to the other. This weapon is used by turning it on and catching infantry inbetween the blades causing severe damage. I don't think it would be to powerful and it would be fun as hell I think. If you don't understand what I am talking about think about the speeder bikes from star wars episode 1. It would be like the lightning thing that held the engines together except the thresher's beam would do a lot of damage. I would like to see a weapon like this or the thresher's mowing abilities given back to it, either way i would be very happy.
Old 2004-02-13, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by DHoff
I have a great idea, since our magrider has a driver gun and a gunner gun, why not the thresher. Hear me out before saying it is overpowered. The main gun would be the same, maybe the balls would travel faster and/or have a bigger splash radius (they do have one now it's just smaller than a lasher). The driver's "gun" would be a laser/lightning beam that goes from one of the front fender blades to the other. This weapon is used by turning it on and catching infantry inbetween the blades causing severe damage. I don't think it would be to powerful and it would be fun as hell I think. If you don't understand what I am talking about think about the speeder bikes from star wars episode 1. It would be like the lightning thing that held the engines together except the thresher's beam would do a lot of damage. I would like to see a weapon like this or the thresher's mowing abilities given back to it, either way i would be very happy.
Mowing is a skilless way to kill and an annoying thing to be killed by. As much sympathy as I have for the Thresher, I'd rather its capabilities be rested upon a weapon which actually takes some ability to use. Too many vehicles in PS are nothing more than braindead button-mashers that'll rack you up kills faster than most other things to go back to giving people easy kills through being able to do nothing more than drive their vehicle forward.
Old 2004-02-13, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
noxious
Second Lieutenant

You don't have to get mowed. Only in extremely wide open terrain do you have to worry about being mowed. Many, many times when you get run over it's your own mistake, you essentially crossed a road without first looking both ways.
Old 2004-02-13, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Dual Quasar shots could be cool :P

2 shots at a time

Heh, or even the MagRider PPA (assuming you could aim down some)
Old 2004-02-13, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by noxious
You don't have to get mowed. Only in extremely wide open terrain do you have to worry about being mowed. Many, many times when you get run over it's your own mistake, you essentially crossed a road without first looking both ways.
Anywhere a vehicle can fit and there are enemy vehicles you have to worry about being run over. Running people over is the #1 concern most vehicle drivers have, and they go to great lengths to do it.
Old 2004-02-13, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Madcow
It's almost impossible to create a weapon/vehicle that is universally pitied across all 3 empires, but the Thresher seems to fit the bill.
ahahahahahaha

Anyways, the thresher's weapon is horrible, but I don't want the mowing capabilities back. Mowing is a skill-less sport. Give the thresher a gun like the mag's cannon, just less powerful.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion