Tanks real roll - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: (¬_¬)
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-15, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
DucusSumus
Private

I agree completely.
Old 2004-02-15, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

You have to realize that these are futuristic tanks. For all we know these could be used as all purpose tanks that are used to destroy buildings for land development.
Old 2004-02-15, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Ever tried to hit a reaver with the Van Cannon? It's not that easy.

If someone can do it, then more power to them! It still takes two Direct hits on an aircraft to kill it, and you won't get those unless the pilots stupid and hovering 20 yards off the bow and spamming rockets at you (not to mention that all the tanks have a huge blindspo where they can't hit anything in the air)

And while it does take a crap load of rockets to down an MBT that's a good thing. You dirve a tank alone towards the enemy, and you may survive... but not by alot. Everything, and everyone open up on you.

Nothing is overpowered about tanks... it's just your tactics are underpowered. use groups. 2-3 reavers should own any tank with the only exception being a well gunned MAg... but even then it's had to hit eraticaly moving targets.

Don't nerf something just because you're not good enough to work around it!
Old 2004-02-15, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Pilgrim

If someone can do it, then more power to them! It still takes two Direct hits on an aircraft to kill it, and you won't get those unless the pilots stupid and hovering 20 yards off the bow and spamming rockets at you (not to mention that all the tanks have a huge blindspo where they can't hit anything in the air)

And while it does take a crap load of rockets to down an MBT that's a good thing. You dirve a tank alone towards the enemy, and you may survive... but not by alot. Everything, and everyone open up on you.

Nothing is overpowered about tanks... it's just your tactics are underpowered. use groups. 2-3 reavers should own any tank with the only exception being a well gunned MAg... but even then it's had to hit eraticaly moving targets.

Old 2004-02-15, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I've hit many a reaver with a van cannon, becasue they get cocky that we can't hit them and get up close, then bam bam, they die

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-15, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

1. The is NO blind spot on any of the tanks that a reaver can get in and hit the tank with out getting hit him self. He can stay directly above it and not get hit but he cant hit it.
2. The vanguard is VERY easy to mid air with.
3. The point is NOT that these are uber future tanks. The roll of a tank should not be changed if the point of the game is to simulate a war. In war tanks are not AA guns. Nor should they be in planetside. To say that because they are from the future means they should beable to kill enemy aircraft is a very bad reason to let them shoot down aircraft.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
In war tanks are not AA guns. Nor should they be in planetside.
says who?
Old 2004-02-15, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Maybe they should not be able to shoot down aircraft with the main gun but maybe they could us the 20mm on top.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Thats what I would agree with. I can fight vanguards with some dificulty, but the god damn magrider is way overpowered against air. Ppl call it a tank killer, it can hold its own against aircraft tho. Not right.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

1. The is NO blind spot on any of the tanks that a reaver can get in and hit the tank with out getting hit him self. He can stay directly above it and not get hit but he cant hit it.
That's not true.

A reaver at alititude can fire on a van and the Van cannot Raise the cannon high enough to hit them. Believe me, I've had to switch to the 20's several times (and BTW if you're wounded a decent reaver will kill you before the 20's kill him, it'll wound him real good, but not kill him)

It is true that if they are right above him it doesn't work... yes, but try from about 20 yards out and about 100 up. you won't hit with every rocket, but those 150's will sale harmlessly below you.

Besides outside of the MAgrider killing and Aircraft with the Main gun takes some tallent, not a tallent I've seen many people have!

And if you really want to see an AA platform take out a Deliverer. You get both guns on a reaver and it's dead in seconds. Great fun! But we never use them as trasnports!
Old 2004-02-15, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

I agree with Pilgrim. If I hit that reaver with my 150 I deserve that hit!
Old 2004-02-15, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
DarthMidget
Contributor
Private

Tanks are really well balanced against aircraft. A Vanguard gunner only gets a hit with the main cannon when facing a stupid pilot. And trust me, if a modern day pilot was stupid enough to fly low enough where an M-1 Abrams could hit him w/a 155mm cannon he'd be dead too.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Point is that the game would be alot better if tanks acctualy needed support to do their jobs. As it stands now a tank is a mobile fortress that can do anything it wants. And im not saying nerf just the mag. All three need it. I dont mind getting waxed by a PPA or the Vanguards 20mm but whens the last time you heard of a tank downing a heli with its main gun?

As for the 1 shot kill. Id say make it 1 shot agile, but not Rexo. You guys have a sniper tank so you really cant make it 1 shot rexo too. It being a sniper tank is the reason its so damn effective as AA. But its not an AA platform, all tanks are designed to have anti aircraft support and support the infantry into getting to their objectives. A tank cant do its job with out infantry.
I agree with nerfing tanks. IMO everything should be nerfed, including all vehicles, deci., and a helluva lot more. But that is for another topic.

As for nerfing the mag. I have gunned countless times in Mags, and I agree, it is easy to kill aircraft, providing they come one at a time. But what else does the Mag have? Contrary to popular belief, the Mag cannot 1-hit kill anything besides a stealther. No, not agiles, and I'm quite certain it's 3 to a Rexo right now, correct me if I'm wrong, haven't tried to kill the Rexo since the buff (as the bug kind of decreases the population of Mags). Some smart person said one of the other Mag advantages, the fact that we can hover water. And on Cyssor, as they mentioned, it is an advantage I would give anything to keep. No more bottlenecks on bridges, etc.

Unless you have a very superb driver, and with an amazing gunner, you cannot take a tank 1v1. I have, but with a godlike driver. People have to start to drive a tank more like an assault buggy then a tank. The PPA is the beamer of tanks. It is not good. The Mag can't mow like other tanks, and there is no logic behind that, as it is all we had going for us.

Originally Posted by Pilgrim

Well put Pilgrim. Oh, and 3 reavers own ANY tank, including Mag, I don't care how good of a gunner you have.

Ppl call it a tank killer, it can hold its own against aircraft tho. Not right.
That was a good joke, "ppl call it a tank killer,". That is a fuckin good joke.

Tanks should have air support, infantry support and all of that in real life. In real life. This is a game, where snipers need no spotters, where tiny terminals hand you armor, where there is no death. If you wanted something more lifelike, you wouldn't of got PS.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

The tanks are well balanced against aircraft, expect the mag. Ive jecked them and used it as an AA gun before. Its rediculous how accurate it is when shooting at aircraft. Should not be able to do that. The main focus about this IS the mag. But I also think that the other two tanks shouldnt be able to do it. Its alot harder for them, but they have a secondary weapon DESIGNED for personal protection from aircraft. The mags sniper cannon should not beable to do the same thing. Make the main gun do didly vs aircraft and give it a gun on the roof for anti aircraft.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Too true!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion