Empire Specific Weaponry - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Our servers need to recharge!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want to see empire specific aircraft
Yes i do want to see empire specific aircraft 24 80.00%
No i dont want to see empire specific aircraft 5 16.67%
I don't care either way 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-02-17, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Empire Specific Weaponry

Empire Specific Aircraft

We all know that each empire has its own trademark sort of weaponry; this includes a Tank, Buggy, Medium Assault, Heavy Assault and Anti Vehicular. This is all fine and dandy but why doesn�t each empire have its own trademark Aircraft. It would seem logical that we would have one. Would you like to see Empire Specific Aircraft?
Old 2004-02-17, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheN00b
Colonel

No, sorry. In a perfect world, however, I would say yes in a heartbeat. The problem is, if the Devs accidentally made one Empire's Air more powerful than the rest, then that Empire would have complete control of the skies. And while I'm going to get flamed for saying this, that would make that Air vehicle more unbalancing than the Jackhammer. Air is simply too effective at creating chokepoints and hit-and-run raids to give one Empire superiority.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The idea is ok, but air superiority is so significant that I think this might be the most contested balance issue of them all, and that spells trouble.

Otherwise, not a bad idea.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-17, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TheN00b
Colonel

Basically what I said. Sorry Raven, but I just don't see it happening
Old 2004-02-17, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

I can see how people would think that if there were empire specific aircraft then that would lead to air superiority but that�s why we have the Skyguard. That thing will rip up any aircraft and when I do get the chance to play I don�t see it being used that often. So to sum this up I don�t think that adding empire specific aircraft would create the dilemma of air superiority if we used the Skyguard and the AA Max�s more proficiently.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Scorched_earth
Private

I dont thing having empire spec would change too much game play :S just be like tanks for the skies!
Old 2004-02-17, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

I defiantly don�t want them to be �tanks in the sky�s� then that would be proving Vet and noobs point in that it would create air superiority.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheN00b
Colonel

Raven, it's okay, don't listen to Pork.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'd like at least 2 new empire specific weapons for each empire (Sniper rifles, and maybe empire specific Special Assault?), empire specific fighters, and a lot more AT stuff.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

What they should do instead of balancing the lasher to the mcg and on and on they should make it so one empire has awesome air, while another empire has awesome tanks, while one other has awesome infantry that would balance it out better.
Old 2004-02-17, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheN00b
Colonel

Hmmm, that point deserves thinking upon... Not. *Starts talking like a kindergarten teacher* Now, wouldn;t it just be fun to not be able to go outside, for fear of getting smushed or spammed ? Wouldn't it just be great to never capture a single base becuase your infantry blew chunks ? I though so .
Old 2004-02-17, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Fenrys
Major

No, it would not be implemented well, unbalance bla bla bla....
Old 2004-02-17, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheN00b
No, sorry. In a perfect world, however, I would say yes in a heartbeat. The problem is, if the Devs accidentally made one Empire's Air more powerful than the rest, then that Empire would have complete control of the skies. And while I'm going to get flamed for saying this, that would make that Air vehicle more unbalancing than the Jackhammer. Air is simply too effective at creating chokepoints and hit-and-run raids to give one Empire superiority.
I have to agree with this assessment. I like the aircraft as they are now, because air battles are a refreshing change of the lopsided aspect of the rest of the game. In the sky all things are as even as they can be for a game played online. Other than PC differences and the quality of one's connectivity player skill is the factor determining victory. On foot one empire always has the advantage depending on the situation. For CQB you just can�t beat the edge the Jack gives you. And for MAX units you just can�t beat the VS super maxes.

Besides if the devs hold true to form with any empire specific aircraft the TR will keep the Skeeter and Reaver. The VS will get faster versions of both that will look weird and be strangely ineffective. And the NC will get a Winged Triple Barreled Flail, that can rapid fire or �empty all 3 barrels�.

No Thanks.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-02-17 at 01:48 PM.
Old 2004-02-17, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Now I would LOVE some empire specific Weaponry but, if they added this, they would have to add another AA tool to the game. Just like they can't add more vehicles unless they add AV support. When they added the Lib, they added the Skygaurd, something to benefit both sides. Bottom line, I don't thnk I would want more AA.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-17, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
bruttal-ps
Private

why not give them the same type of weponery just difernt styles? id be happy if thay just made the reaver into differnt styles for the differnt empires =)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion