My rant thread about the Vanu Sovereignty - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A drug against war
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-23, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

My rant thread about the Vanu Sovereignty

I'm going to make this brief, the VS suck, the CR5's on VS fight with each other over global almost daily, and in general the VS zerg has no idea how to play this game

Reasons the vs suck?

1) 98% of VS CR5's are incompetent, ignorant little children

2) getting a vehicle mod is actually detrimental, as all the armored assault zerglings immediatly start spamming a flail, usually doing more harm than good

3) lack of competent, organized outfits

I post this in frustration, we lose almost everywhere we go, and I'm not naive enough to blame it on an overpowered weapon/vehicle, or the pop lock status, as I'm sure both empires have the same cont locked.

the VS as a whole, in my eyes at least, is just a mass of braindead zerglings.

I log off in frustration daily.

the only thing I have to say about the VS is, we most certainly have the best pilots in planetside, in spite of AC leaving to play Lineage II

And in the words of Johnny from the Fantastic 4
"Flame on!"
Old 2004-04-23, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

well, i have the same problem with (ok if you dont like it when i speak my mind, or get pissed, go away now) the NC fucking cr5s, ugh, damn dumbass, here is what happened a few days ago in the sanctuary
some *** cr5(who was broadcasting world wide)"we are having a war protest in the middle of the sactuary"

then i was like wtf? a war protest?

then an other cr5 was like "maybe you should shut up, you might get banned"

did this ass hole listen? lets see

*** cr5 "no, shut up, every one move vehicles to a roof, we will toss them off"

this is where i was getting really confused, so i left

so you are not alone, but in my oppinion, the lasher is way too powerful, frickin' destroys an ant in 10 shots, oh well...
Old 2004-04-25, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

Desperado, if you hate the Vanu so much - switch sides! im guessing all the empires have retarded CR5s. the only CR5 i really hate on Emerald is ch0mp3r...
and we still do have organized outfits, they just dont organize every day. our outfit has a very organized outfit night every Saturday.

Mag, Lasher may kill an ANT in 10 shots, but a JH kills a (Rexo?) in 3. ive actually been pwnd several times (yes i admit it..) due to a surging JH user when i was in a Quasar MAX. i hope the new patch fixed it, havnt had time to log on yet.
flame on
Old 2004-05-07, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

The NC CR5s have been slacking badly lately in directing the Zerg to the correct targets, but usualy keep their arguements to Command chat as far as I know since there is only the occasional global broadcast fight, and participents in such fights recieve many hate-tells.

The TR are catching up to the VS in the # of pilots at the least, while the NC are still laging in that area it seems.
Old 2004-05-07, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Salazar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by -Desperado-
I'm going to make this brief, the VS suck, the CR5's on VS fight with each other over global almost daily, and in general the VS zerg has no idea how to play this game

Reasons the vs suck?

1) 98% of VS CR5's are incompetent, ignorant little children

2) getting a vehicle mod is actually detrimental, as all the armored assault zerglings immediatly start spamming a flail, usually doing more harm than good

3) lack of competent, organized outfits

I post this in frustration, we lose almost everywhere we go, and I'm not naive enough to blame it on an overpowered weapon/vehicle, or the pop lock status, as I'm sure both empires have the same cont locked.

the VS as a whole, in my eyes at least, is just a mass of braindead zerglings.

I log off in frustration daily.

the only thing I have to say about the VS is, we most certainly have the best pilots in planetside, in spite of AC leaving to play Lineage II

And in the words of Johnny from the Fantastic 4
"Flame on!"
Totally agree with ya Arc
Old 2004-05-08, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

I agree that some of the CR5s are complete dinglewads, however we do have some very good CR5s and some very good outfits.

First of all the Phoenix Royal Guard is an elite outfit, we are very organized, and we have the best spec ops crew ever established. When we do get organized its usually thursday nights when the whole UVA(United Vanu Alliance), gets together and works to capture a continent. Our last raid was a total failure because we had no links and had to mobilize via HART. However in previous experiences we've taken numerous continents fending off NC and TR zergs.

GotR is another very good outfit. They are a bit larger than PRG but they are still organized.

The Vanu actually have alliances unlike the other empires.
Old 2004-05-09, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

NC has the NCU (New Conglomerate United) alliance that sets our primary and secondary targets as an empire along with organizeing attacks on a smaller scale with just the member outfits.

VS have held thier own pretty well IMO, but the NCU hates to see a blue continent get cracked.
Old 2004-06-02, 09:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zosky
Private

What is a CR5?
Old 2004-06-06, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
LoadedMagnum
Private

CR5=Command Rank 5
Old 2004-06-07, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

TR have their own alliances, don't judge so quickly. ULTRA, is one, then there are formal alliances. So they don't have a name or website, big deal. Each outfit knows it's job. The outfit commanders strategize an assault, it's passed down and it happens.

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2004-06-07 at 04:46 AM.
Old 2004-06-10, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Cr 5's suck
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-06-20, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

CR5's suck because you don't have to be an actual leader to earn CEP. All you have to do is spam invites and follow the zerg or join an Outfit that will allow you to SL. After a few months of mindless zerg following *poof* a new "leader" is born.

Also, the in-game abilities of CR have nothing to do with command. These abilities are better suited for spec-ops Rambo types... What real General personally [EMP Blast] clears mine fields? Or spots for [Orbital] Artillery? These are peon grunt tasks and have 0 to do with organization.

So you end up with inexperienced leaders who can't lead a goat to grass and who have no in-game tools to allow effective leadership. The best you can hope to see if basic Zerg control Global Tells "continent A base 1 is the target" and "if you are pop locked out go to continent B base 2". Oh and don't forget the obvious "Base 3 needs an ANT" as if the hordes of players can't look on their OWN map and see that. WTF kind of leadership is that?

So this is part the players, but IMHO more the game's fault. If there was a real system of leadership then it would be on the player's shoulders alone... but sadly it's not.
Old 2004-07-01, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Well hate to burst Emerald NC's buble, but NCU is fralling apart fast. Sturm has left as well as a ouple other and AO1 is thinking of leaving as well. Hopefully something will rise to replace it....
Old 2004-07-02, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

the TR are doing horribly, but i dont see that many global fights tho, they're mostly cool about that
Old 2004-07-11, 04:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally Posted by Phaden
Well hate to burst Emerald NC's buble, but NCU is fralling apart fast.
I've noticed, and we're paying for it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion