Systems: Outfit Warships - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because Everquest blows.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-02-13, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Raka Maru
Major

I can see outfit ships initiating OS's... Perhaps one has to be around in sight just to warn ppl it's possible. The sky darkens above you, is one coming?
Old 2012-02-13, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Graywolves
General

Re: Outfit Warships

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
I can see outfit ships initiating OS's... Perhaps one has to be around in sight just to warn ppl it's possible. The sky darkens above you, is one coming?
That would make Orbital Strikes 1000x more awesome.

Although easier to avoid if it showed up too close to the OS.
Old 2012-02-13, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
ShockNC
Sergeant

Limit the outfits so they can only have one ship.

otherwise, outfits would simply gain resources and OS the surface all day.
Old 2012-02-14, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Garem
Sergeant

I love this idea. Marry me, outfit-airships-idea.

Either way, as just an instanced "zone" as a space based HQ or as a tangible, in game vehicle that floats above the battlefield like BF2142 Titans. Fantastic ideas.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

I would want Warships to go with the specialization the outfit chose, so an outfit specialized in, say, AirCav, would be able to use their "Carrier" a very few times a day to appear in the sky, and suddenly lots of Reavers/Mossies/Scythes would fly out of it in a loud and intimidating noise.
Old 2012-02-14, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Raka Maru
Major

Oooohhh, getting better, I like these ideas.

Don't see why specialized outfits need limitations tho, except for one not being able to deploy in another warship's SOI. Why not let tank outfit warships drop tanks within their SOI? They should have their own vehicle term.

The air outfits would look awesome deploying planes like home world did, but give pilot control after a certain distance away from ship (in battle zone).
Old 2012-02-15, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeesssssssssss to Outfit Warships

...like a Sanctuary-in-the-sky (if nothing else) from which your Outfit could drop any vehicle or tune from.......Ideally, in MASSIVE NUMBERS ...... at a key moment in a major battle.......

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-02-15 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2012-02-19, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Ragefighter
Contributor
Sergeant

would be cool to place a beacon or something that allows your outfit to drop in at that location, you would need to guard the location probably with engi turrets or something so the other teams do not destroy it.

you can 'spawn' in the outfit ship orbiting the planet and get together with your squads or what not and all go together. maybe add some news flash events like X faction took a base on a terminal or projected onto a wall/big screen to make it kinda look like a command post.
and maybe just add some random crap to do like a target shooting minigame or some shit just for achievements. idk =p

By requiring a plantable object in the battlefield I think it could enhance teamwork. make the object engineer buildable or something. and also give the other factions a chance to destroy it so the "super-power is not like 100%. maybe if the beacon is destroyed the drop will divert to your closest friendly location or just drop you wherever.
I see it like, "oh shit we're getting overrun I am dropping the beacon!"

kinda like this but from space i guess.

Last edited by Ragefighter; 2012-02-19 at 03:18 AM.
Old 2012-02-19, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

SOE, this needs to happen. That is all I have to say about it. If not at release definitely as a expansion. I would love to spend outfit points on one of these bad boys.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

And of course SOE there will be plenty of aesthetic options available so each outfit can have an entirely unique ship.... for a significant fee of course....
Old 2012-02-20, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by RedKnights View Post
And of course SOE there will be plenty of aesthetic options available so each outfit can have an entirely unique ship.... for a significant fee of course....
They can have my money is PS2 is as awesome as it should be.
Old 2012-02-20, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Sirisian
Colonel

So you want to add essentially a guild/outfit house type system to Planetside 2? This sounds like a huge waste of developer time for something that has no gameplay value.

You should be realistic about what you're suggesting and agreeing to here. It's basically something to distract players from the game. We have uncappable bases to form armies and go into battle with. There's absolutely nothing that this adds to the team based/outfit gameplay.

I'm all for outfit purchasable options for skins for players and decals on vehicles since they exist as part of the game. Adding a new weapon or vehicle would be better than the developer time waste creating outfit housing.

// Edit, also if this seems too critical actually think about it. How much would you use it? Think about Planetside 1. You jumped into battle and sanctuary was a loading screen to get to the battle. (They've already simplified this immensely by allowing outfits to form on the continent and pull their armies without having to drive to a warpgate and twiddle your thumbs for 10 minutes while everyone loads in and gets ready to drive someplace).

Last edited by Sirisian; 2012-02-20 at 11:30 PM.
Old 2012-02-20, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
So you want to add essentially a guild/outfit house type system to Planetside 2? This sounds like a huge waste of developer time for something that has no gameplay value.

You should be realistic about what you're suggesting and agreeing to here. It's basically something to distract players from the game. We have uncappable bases to form armies and go into battle with. There's absolutely nothing that this adds to the team based/outfit gameplay.

I'm all for outfit purchasable options for skins for players and decals on vehicles since they exist as part of the game. Adding a new weapon or vehicle would be better than the developer time waste creating outfit housing.

// Edit, also if this seems too critical actually think about it. How much would you use it? Think about Planetside 1. You jumped into battle and sanctuary was a loading screen to get to the battle. (They've already simplified this immensely by allowing outfits to form on the continent and pull their armies without having to drive to a warpgate and twiddle your thumbs for 10 minutes while everyone loads in and gets ready to drive someplace).

You mean besides the organization, staging point, possible group orbital drops, etc?

There are a lot of possibilities, and this is why I've kept this as an abstract concept and personally not really leaned towards making it concrete. It's a fun thing to think about.

Guild Halls in Guild Wars weren't really used so much as a place to use vendors, bank, or meet up with other Guild members. But they were used all the time for meetings, organizing groups, and probably the most important part of a Guild Hall was that it served as a big gold dump.

We don't know how exactly resources are going to play out yet, but it's possible that this too could be a very effective resource dump.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

I have to agree with Graywolves, even if they didn't add to game-play by organizing large "tactical insertions" of an outfit, they serve as a motivation for an outfit to keep going and see the fruits of their labors, which is really important to me as a player.

I know the ankle and arm guards for command rank in PS1, along with the different armor colors with command rank were a major motivator for me to keep playing the game, and when I finally got everything I was playing a lot less than I used to.

It definitely seems like a natural extension of the outfit points system to transform it into some kind of currency for an outfit to spend on things like this.

Last edited by RedKnights; 2012-02-21 at 04:32 AM.
Old 2012-02-21, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Garem
Sergeant

I'm fairly confident that everyone who supports this idea expects it post-launch.

We want the basics asap just like everyone else. This would be amazing fluff to add later.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault