Well it looks like VS and NC have switched - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: side effects may include: persistent fixed glazed eyes
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-21, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

I honestly hope they do nerf the lasher. I don't want NC playing in my squads. Anyone I recognize as former-NC is getting run over.
Old 2003-07-21, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Sentrosi
The tactics still remain the same: HA are for close quarters fighting.
Not with the Lasher. All you need to do is spam it over distances and while it probably won't hit it's very effective at forcing enemies to stay behind cover
Old 2003-07-21, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
LeLoki
Private

The way I see it this is how things will be when HA sttles down finally.

At 10 feet a JH is going to own all (people will not like this)
At 15 feet a lasher will own all (even more people will be upset)
At 20 feet a MCG will own all (TR will throw a party no one wil attend)

nerfs are not needed whats needed is to learn their weakness if you own a HA weapon attack from your reach and don't get in line of site until then or you be DEAD simple.
Old 2003-07-21, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Phorcy
Private

I think PS could due without HA period.
Old 2003-07-21, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

The MCG is actually fun to use even if I did get owned by the lasher in a few hallways. It wasn't fun or useful before. I still use my cycler with some loadouts, but that's more because of the ridiculous amount of ammunition the MCG chews through and the inventory space needed to feed it properly. I can't even imagine a striker/MCG loadout right now, my inventory space would need to just about double. The cycler is also still more useful from a bit further out.
When I played yesterday afternoon every single server needed Vanu, although I had 103 HP the entire time I was logged on which is the most I've ever seen. I like that the MCG got enough love to please those of us already playing the TR but not enough love to get the people jumping factions to come over.
Old 2003-07-21, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The lasher is a bit too buff now but I find it hilarious how a lot of NC players are getting a taste of thier own medicine. The JH still wins if you can get in close, but if not, forget about the JH and use the gauss. The MCG still kinda sucks and easily falls to both JH and Lasher.

I agree with a previous poster on the fact that HA kinda sucks all around. I really dont like instagib modes in FPS games and now thats exactly what we got. MAXs should be the only Heavy assault, and especially now with the current AA situation, ridiculous weapons like the Striker, and now the HA buffs, there isnt any reason to be a MAX at all.
Old 2003-07-21, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Well, it's nice to see some improvements to HA anyway (I personally don't like the range of the Jackhammer, so I don't use it); I guess only time will tell if the change was a good idea.

The NC will be just fine.
Old 2003-07-21, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Swad
Private

First of all, greetings to all... I'm new to this forum (though I have known of the site and visited periodically for a while now). I think I will make this my one stop forum shop from now on. I'm getting sick of the back to back bitching on the official PS forums. It drives me to insanity.

I myself haven't been able to try the lasher since the patch, but before the patch I used it quite a bit before switching certs to an Infiltrator character. It was a difficult weapon to master, but I did master it and was quite effective with it.

Anyway, to make a long story short, any seasoned FPS gamer is going to learn to adapt to their circumstances and learn to use what they have. I'm not saying you don't constructively discuss issues at hand (ie: balancing, bugs, etc...), but if you're not willing to adapt to what you have until things change, then you just prove what level of player you are. The vanu have been the underdogs in many ways for a while. However, I think this challenge has been great. I personally have liked the challenge and have stood up to meet the challenge.

The business of switching empires to 'follow the lovin' is very silly. I think you'll find the game more fun if you're willing to meet a challenge and conquer it. So is the Vanu the new 'newb' empire? I don't know yet as I haven't played much since the patch. I'm going to stay with the Vanu, though, as that's who I have been with since I started playing and it's all about the outfit playing for me. I'm staying with my outfit. I would like to hope the rest of you with other empires stick it out and learn to adapt. If there is a serious issue at hand, then rebut it with sound arguments. The business of crying NERF! when you're first killed by a tweaked weapon is for the birds, though (I think I'm mostly speaking to the smacktards polluting the official PS forums right now).

Last edited by Swad; 2003-07-21 at 11:31 AM.
Old 2003-07-21, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Ceiba
Private

Man these forums are a breath of fresh air compared to the official forums. And thank you for that! The lasher only seems overpowered because everyone is using it. This will change. It's nice seeing some NC take cover and use the gauss from a distance rather then all surging in right away. My only gripe about the patch is the body bags don't stay long enough for me to loot jackhammers I liked the JH/Lasher combo before the patch now it's got to be insane.
Old 2003-07-21, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Ghost06
First Sergeant

Here are my views of the subject:

The NC pre-patch had the Jackhammer, and the Vanguard (I like it's pretty 1 shot kills) as strong points. Post patch, they only have the Vanguard going for them, which is still outclassed (not by far though) by the Magrider.

The TR pre-patch had the Pounder, Dual-cycler, and striker as strong points. Now, you can add the MCG.

The VS pre-patch had the Lancer, Lasher (yes, it was good pre-patch), and Magmower as strong points. Now one of their strong points has been upgraded.

NC: 1 strong points, and it's 150mm 1 kill hit vs. infantry cannon.

TR: 3 strong points, all allowing effective outdoor and indoor combat.

VS: 3 strong points, an infantry plow, AV infantry sniper, and squad killer.

Oh well, I guess it's the NC's turn to be underdog. TR's turn next

This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for killing, this is for fun.
Old 2003-07-21, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

People thought the NC were overpowered for a while, now the Vanu are, I hope the devs don't skip our turn
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-07-21, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Cease
First Sergeant

I think the JH, is once again being downplayed. It wasn't nerfed, so its just as powerful as it was. But like was mentioned, you can't use the same old John Wayne approach like you used to with it. At least not vs the VS. NC players will have to adapt, and they will.
Old 2003-07-21, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

..... so much ignorance. The Magrider is not the best tank. If a skilled tank crew gets the jump on a Vanguard, then yeah they will prolly win but a skilled Vanguard gunner eats Magriders for breakfast, and the Prowler kicks the shit out of both of them
Old 2003-07-21, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Queensidecastle
..... so much ignorance. The Magrider is not the best tank. If a skilled tank crew gets the jump on a Vanguard, then yeah they will prolly win but a skilled Vanguard gunner eats Magriders for breakfast, and the Prowler kicks the shit out of both of them
The Prowler? At least you're not afraid to stand alone in your opinions.
Old 2003-07-21, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Originally posted by Lonehunter187
People thought the NC were overpowered for a while, now the Vanu are, I hope the devs don't skip our turn

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion