Extra Pistol Slot for Infils - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Whores are Born.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-04, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

dont we have to deal with crappy vehicle hit detection also? Almost everything a normal infantry man has to deal, the infiltrator ahs to deal with also, in addition to the bugs that affect only him.

Old 2003-10-06, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jagd
Well if you don't carry jammers to deal with turrets then I guess you're fucked. Maybe they should just make it so turrets don't react to cloakers. That doesn't mean they don't show up on our radar if they're not crouch walking though, cause that makes you invisible and silent. Get the silent run implant if you need complete stealth.
Invisible and silent unless there is a motion sensor or a spitfire anywhere near you, they've removed the ability to crouch walk past them without detection. If you can't see how that gimps the infil class as a whole then I'm dumbfounded. Jammer grenades would be a great idea except for the incredibly limited inventory that we use. I have a single jammer in about half of my loadouts, more just kind of cripples your usefulness. The limited inventory isn't crippling when you can crouch walk past these things, suddenly we're supposed to carry more items using the same inventory space? Is it even possible for you to look at this from the infil perspective?
Old 2003-10-06, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Doppler
Did i mention that your invisable? First off dont count bugs in your pros and cons otherwise for any infantry man we'd have to list crappy vehicle hit detection in our con list. Secondly the interlink facility alone shouldnt affect infiltrators more then old school motion sensors. Even with the new base benefits (and remember there are a limited number of interlink facilities per continent). But i ramble and we obviously agree to disagree and i'm just gonna let this post die.
Old school motion sensors could be bypassed by crouch walking. Now if the enemy has the interlink benefit motion sensors and spitfires detect you even if you are stationary, and spitfires tear you up. How is this remotely similar to old school motion sensors? For somebody who says they play an infil I'm amazed that you are fine with what they've done to the class.
Old 2003-10-06, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The motion sensors, spitfires and interlink benifits have made an Infi running around as easy to detect as if you were plunking around in a MAX suit. Basically Interlink = no cloaking and that is just not fair to anyone who plays an infiltrator. That would be like having a Base benifit = no vehicles or = no Reinforced armor or = No MAX suits
Old 2003-10-06, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Madcow
Old school motion sensors could be bypassed by crouch walking. Now if the enemy has the interlink benefit motion sensors and spitfires detect you even if you are stationary, and spitfires tear you up. How is this remotely similar to old school motion sensors? For somebody who says they play an infil I'm amazed that you are fine with what they've done to the class.
I said alone, as in if they have an interlink facility but no mortion sensors are present then you can go undetected by crouch walking. Prepare to be amazed, then my friend while i continue to bring up some other points for your enjoyment, a two cert point suit does not constitute a "class" were not talking about another MMORPG where you'd be a fighter or a wizard or a priest and suddenly you walk into one type of castle and you can no longer heal, were talking one arrow in your proverbial quuiver, if the enemy has interlink consider switching to one of the 18 points worth of other certs a br 20 whould have or one of the 3 points worth of certs a starting character whould have. Or consider that maybe just maybe you might have to sacrafice some inventory space, or find another way to get around the base..

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-10-06, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Rofl I dont even know how to respond to that. Infiltration as a style of combat is anything but 2 certs. No one that expects to be effective at infiltration is lacking its support certs. Lets add it up shall we?

Suit - 2
Hacking - 3
Advanced Hacking - 2
Engineering - 3
Combat Engineering - 2
Mosquito(or other vehicle) - 3
Medical - 3
Advanced Medical - 2

Total = BR 17 worth of Certs.

Infiltration is not something you cert in just for the hell of it. It is difficult as hell to pull off proper hacks and sabotage and you need many support certs to aid you. The interlink facility benefit totally ruins all that effort and unless you can keep the Gen down, you might as well start up another character for pure grunt certs(Many people have)
Old 2003-10-06, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I said alone, as in if they have an interlink facility but no mortion sensors are present then you can go undetected by crouch walking. Prepare to be amazed, then my friend while i continue to bring up some other points for your enjoyment, a two cert point suit does not constitute a "class" were not talking about another MMORPG where you'd be a fighter or a wizard or a priest and suddenly you walk into one type of castle and you can no longer heal, were talking one arrow in your proverbial quuiver, if the enemy has interlink consider switching to one of the 18 points worth of other certs a br 20 whould have or one of the 3 points worth of certs a starting character whould have. Or consider that maybe just maybe you might have to sacrafice some inventory space, or find another way to get around the base..
I do consider it a class. I have a character fully dedicated to being infil, as I've mentioned before. I could drop certs and re-do him, but I already had an equal level grunt who didn't have any infil skills for that. I literally created a character exclusively to play as a cloaker, and gave him equal time with my grunt character. Basically, while I would have been much better off devoting all of my time to a single character (with the benefit of hindsight) I opted to create two very different characters who would excel in two very different ways. Now one of them I don't even bother to log on any more. So I have news for you. You aren't a cloaker. Having the cert, but not playing with the infil suit at least the majority of the time doesn't make you a cloaker. There are a whole lot of people who are in the same boat I ended up in. They fashioned themselves to excel almost exclusively in the infil suit. You aren't one of those people, so there's no way you'd truly understand what they did to the class. They nerfed something that already wasn't overpowered. If it was your favorite weapon there would be no end to the tears. Because it's something you consider disposable, it means little to you. C'est la vie.
Old 2003-10-06, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
FireZ
Corporal

2 weapon slots as a cloak.....no....I wouldn't be opposed to having a secondary "rek" mode on the amp though.....give you the req and the gun all at the same time and takes away that annoying extra second or so i takes to hit "I" and "rightclick" and hit "I" again .
Old 2003-10-06, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

I think there should be REK holster (just for inf's of course). Can't put ANYTHING else in it. I played a cloaker as my main for the first three months I played this game, and I think infiltrators need more lovin' than anything else right now...
Old 2003-10-07, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Whatever helps you feel persecuted man if you want to pull a "You dont agree with me so you cant be a real cloaker" thats fine go ahead doesnt bother me at all.

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-10-07, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
EnorganiK
Corporal

Infiltrator Get pns ndabut with the interlink...
Old 2003-10-07, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Whatever helps you feel persecuted man if you want to pull a "You dont agree with me so you cant be a real cloaker" thats fine go ahead doesnt bother me at all.
I'd rather you made your first valid point of the conversation, but if you'd like to just drop it that works too.
Old 2003-10-07, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Doppler
Contributor
Major

You dont like JagD who i know runs a cloaker extensively and you dont like me, both because we see this as a setback not a whole end of the world scenario, get a grip my friend.

Old 2003-10-07, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Removing cloaking from the game for a class of certs that have no armor and depend on stealth because of a poorly thought out Base benefit isnt a setback, its bullshit.

Cloaking should ALWAYS be undetectable to anyone not using AudioAmp or Darklight. Those implants were put in the game as countermeasures to Cloaking. The point of the Interlink Base benefit was to show REGULAR TROOPS on radar in the SOI, not destroy any possibility of cloaking as a form of combat. The Devs were so hasty to get out the base benefits that they didnt bother to properly balance or test this situation.
Old 2003-10-07, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
TheAngelOfWar
Sergeant

lets play nice :-)

Now, I havent played in over a month, but my problem with inventory swapping was that 50% of the time, lag would cause problems. The item in the slot would go to the inventory as normal, but the item coming from the inventory would fall on the ground. THAT does not help in a tight situation.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion