Why is NC winning? - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How did Hitler really loose that testicle?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-26, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

i don't find those graphs very belivable becasue they show very wierd results
Well yeh,
Can't have 100% accuracy and fire non-stop at range.
If that was possible, the graph would be correct.

Close range, going full auto is quite possible.

Or are you just gaping at "Gee the Pulsar can't suck THAT bad outdoors can it?"
Old 2004-01-26, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
Kyonye
Contributor
General

lasher is the best HA weapon while NC comes in very very very strong at 2nd. i'm TR and i use the minichaingun and it is good until the cone of fire starts moving which is too quick to do any good damage. i personally think the lasher is still way to powerful. you can atleast hide behind something from the jackhammer and minichaingun but all you have to do is shoot the lasher in that direction and you'll get pwned by its lashing power. medium assault weapons, i like them all, i think the gauss is best for short to mid range sniping for a MA weapon, the cycler is good up close because of its larger clip, only because it outlasts the gauss and pulsar. as for the pulsar, overrall, its the best, powerful up front, good from afar. anti-vehicle weapons, the lancer can be awesome if you know how to use it right and aim correctly. stryker, since they nerfed it, became crappy but we all know it used to pwn before the nerf. stryker is good because its a lock on target, and that makes it useful and easier to use. the pheonix is fun to use but since it has only one round at a time it becomes less useful unless you have multiple people at a time to do time saving damage.

now for the empire vehicles. the prowler, it sucks, its nasty looking, its bulky with bad turning, the chaingun on it isn't easy to use, and the 100mm shells just aren't powerful enough, they don't shoot fast enough to do much, yeah they are good against ground troops but any tank is good against a ground troops, and its good for taking out wall turrets and clearing mines and motion sensors and spitfires. the vanguard, can you say BEAST, the shell may not fire fast buts its a 150 mm shell and does damage like nothing else in the game, one on one with a prowler, it'll pwn it. who cares about the chaingun on it, it has enough shells to last a long time. it is sleak, and quite good looking. the magrider, an unbelievable tank. well lets see, it can float over water, the ultimate mowing machine, the anti everything driver gun is amazing against infantry to any aircraft in its hitting range, if that can't hit it, the main gun will, its fast, and shoots straight. it has an advantage over the vanguard and prowler because you do not have to arc the shell, its a beam that shoots wicked fast and very accurate. it is very good against aircrafts, ground troops, and any ground vehicle.

the buggies. the marauder, for a long time in the game i didn't see the buggies in action but lately i have seen more. the marauder, i don't see many in the game and i don't like it, but the gound pounder is a very very good weapon against infantry. if you get caught in the fire of a ground pounder, you are terribly screwed. the chaingun, its your average 20mm thing, nothing more said. the thresher, no one saw its talent at first but it has become very useful, the thresher is like the mini magrider, it mows just as well over troops, and the pulse weapon is very good against troops as well and for annoying vehicles and aircrafts and it floats over water which makes it useful. the enforcer, i don't see many of them but it packs one hell of a punch. the enforcer is good against infantry, and vehicles, and if you are a good shot, try out aircrafts. the enforcer rocket is a straight shot so there is no arc and makes it much easier to know where you are gonna hit.

damn i had way too much time on my hands tonight, but thats ok, free time is always good.

well, anyway, overrall, the vanu have the best weapons and mostly vehicles, the NC have the most powerful weapons and probably most powerful vehicles, and the TR, well lets just say it takes way too much skill with the combination of luck if you aren't that good at the game.

on another note, this is just my opinion, if you have an opinion, please post, i would love to hear it. thanks for reading.

i went through and checked some spelling mistakes but i really don't feel like going through the rest of it, sorry any other spelling mistakes i missed

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot

Last edited by Kyonye; 2004-01-26 at 11:09 PM.
Old 2004-01-26, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #78
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

.........Yet another person utterly convinced that Lasher orbs explode.....

And that having enough ammo to kill 2 people before a near 5 second reload is a good thing.
Old 2004-01-26, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
Kyonye
Contributor
General

yeah read again buddy, don't put words into my thoughts.i said its lashing power will pwn you, i never said it explodes. i use the lasher with my vanu character, i know all about it. please read, don't skim.

Old 2004-01-26, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

45m range an entire clip of Lashes can't even kill a cloaker

At any range, an entire clip of Lashes can not kill 2 agiles

At close range you take an identical ammount of damage as a single JH pellet
Except the damage doesn't degrade for JH at range

Lashes don't work unless the shot has traveled atleast 7m away from the shoot, and then past the target.

What does this translate into? Lashes are weak at best, neglibile at range. With the new ReXo they'll hardly be worth mentioning.
Old 2004-01-27, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

yep, i feel the same way. I gave up my lasher, so i had 4 extre certs to spend on something better.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-01-27, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Furluge
Private

Actually the Marauder's secondary gun is a 12mm gun, same as the prowler's secondary gun.

Why you'd want an anti-infantry mortar and an anti-infantry chaingun on a vehicle is beyond me...
Old 2004-01-27, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

I do use Lasher however ;P

1 on 1 it does it's job.
It's clipsize is just to gimpy for attacking more than 2 people at a time.

Weak lashes don't make up for the lack of ammo.
Old 2004-01-27, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

BTW, Emerald TR, I've seen your leadership from your CR5s, and that is why the Emerald NC win against you. Your commanders do not try to control your Zerg enough and just let it roam freely.

The fact that the top outfits on Emerald NC all communicate with each other over ventrillo doesn't help you guys any. Strum is a very organized and disiplined outfit that my outfit is in the alliance with, and they realy do get the job done. My outfit is known for its quick responces to hacks on our home continents, allowing the zerg to remain on the offence.

I honestly think it comes down to organization of our outfits rather than weapons. Do the Emerald TR have realy have outfits that earn peoples respect in any way other than Outfit points or pure #s?
Old 2004-01-27, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

OT: S! to IRONFIST...I've worked with Bishop and Takedown on Ventrilo, and I've enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 2004-01-27, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Lithpope
Corporal

Originally Posted by Furluge
Actually the Marauder's secondary gun is a 12mm gun, same as the prowler's secondary gun.

Why you'd want an anti-infantry mortar and an anti-infantry chaingun on a vehicle is beyond me...

I will be the first to say that the Maurader does need some love.

That said, as it stands now it is still a good weapons platform for Infantry and AMS hunting and should be used for that. If you attempt to use it for anything else you will be disappionted. BTW, that mortor at a Tower door is an ugly thing to behold.

If they bumped up the 12mm to a 20 mm to give it some vehicle killing power and dinked with the torque some it would be a good buggy.
Old 2004-01-27, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Yes yes! Thought it would be great if they bump the Marauder Machine gun to 25mm! I mean only the Liberator tail gunner use it.
It would be great as AA defence and moderate AV/AI abilities.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-01-27, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I think all the devs are NC, arn't they? hmmmmmmmmm.........

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)

Last edited by Cauldron Borne; 2004-01-27 at 06:59 PM.
Old 2004-01-27, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Cauldron Borne
Captain

To whoever made the dumbass post about how TR outfits are in essence exp/# whores: In three days a Genius formed an outfit called LiquidForce with a total of 15 members, At the end of those three days that outfit could use the points earned to have 32 ensignia. 15 people generating THAT much experience in that time. About 4 months ago a conglomerate of outfits- DigitalMarines; BWC; and others took over the entire continent of Esamir in 47 minutes in the name of the Emerald Alliance. Firefly belongs to the BlackWidowCompany, the outfit that owned a large force of NC Vangaurds as they made a futile attempt to cap Oshur. Hmmmmm, sounds like there ARE a few good Outfits out there. Maybe you should look around before you make such posts, lest you risk sticking your foot in your mouth.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-01-27, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Emerald TR are definately getting more organized but still need plenty of work. like i said, i'm terran and i'm relating this to the above post. to that guy, who i am too lazy to go back, find his/her name, and then type this all over again. you are semi correct. in the beginning that is how we did it. until we got a little organized, and we are still there. we're getting better.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion