El Jacko Hammero - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's this... "PlanetSide"... you speak of?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-08, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

mmm...Lasher not really getting much of a buff, only a ammo clip size increase thats all...

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-08, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
ghost018

Me personally, I'd rather have an MCG. But yeah, take out the secondary fire and I think it would be perfect.

ghost

Old 2004-02-08, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

As it stands, HA is getting more balanced (or may even be more balanced than some of us may think, I don't know). But regariding all of PS's weapons as a whole, HA is way out of whack: the MA line (including the Sweeper and Punisher) are largely unused because most of the fighting takes place within HA range (and with surge, more so). The SA line of weapons are still useful, but HA can usually match much of what SA offers (except for the Thumper's indirect fire).

While I know it won't happen any time soon, dropping HA would not be all that bad. It'll give MA new life and make Special Assault even more special. Besides, MAXes offer plenty of heavy guns, so why do we need another certification with yet another line of big-hittin weaponry? Let's drop HA. Yes, the XP whores will cry, but we honestly need less of them and more teamplayers.
Old 2004-02-08, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
ghost018

I don't think using Heavy Assault makes you an experience whore.

ghost

Old 2004-02-08, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Lasher is also having the 5m before lash thing removed, so it will lash straight away.
Old 2004-02-08, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ghost018
I don't think using Heavy Assault makes you an experience whore.

ghost
HA weapons are the best weapons in the game for close range infantry killing. Period. While you may not be using the specifically for experience, if your primary interest is killing people, HA is where it's at. The other weapons assume a "this is what I use if I don't have HA role" when the HA weapons are on the field. And, personally, I think that sucks. Good FPS games have no one, single, clear and obviously more powerful weapon in most situations, or if they do, it is hard to get to and keep loaded with ammo. The weapons all have various characteristics which make them good in only some situations, so that no weapon can universally dominate. But PS does have a weapon which is all you need in most fights. And that compared to early Beta when HA sucked and everyone used a variety of weapons, I think HA is one of the worst thing to ever happen to PS.
Old 2004-02-09, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Seer
Major

I agree with Sputty. Remove or drastically change the HA certification.
Old 2004-02-09, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Acaila
Lasher is also having the 5m before lash thing removed, so it will lash straight away.
Lasher is also having the reload time reduced. So larger clip, less reload time, lash restrictions removed. That definitely qualifies as a buff, and more power to them.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Everyone keeps saying: "lash restrictions" but what does it mean? And how does this make the Lasher any better?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-02-09, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
SpunkJackel
Corporal

Man, I can't even believe people are serously thinking that getting rid of the HA cert is a good idea. And turning it into a only stationar deployable is such a waste. Like fuk people, who wants to blow 4 certs on something like that. Ever notice how a turrets gets wasted in the first moments of battle, now wtf do you think would happen to some sort of deployed machine gun nest.

I see part of the argument to get rid of the HA as "HA kills too fast..."..like...wtf...I die in a matter of seconds to reaver rockets, they should be taken out of the game. Also, MAX's kill me way to fast, we definatly need to take the MAX's out of the game. Oh, and thase damm land mines, 2-3 mines and I'm dead???? WTF!!! Take out the damm mines. And once I ran in lava and I died in a matter of seconds, OMFG NERF!!!

HA is fine, the JACK is Fine, or will be fine once they fix the 4 shot exploit. Recently I started a TR character and all I got is MA at the moment, I really don't have too much trouble taking on a REXO Jack user with my Agil cycler load out. The weapons in the game are good, they may need to be modified a bit but don't sugest to remove a entire weapon class from a game, variety is the spice of life people.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
Everyone keeps saying: "lash restrictions" but what does it mean? And how does this make the Lasher any better?
The lashes will work within 5 meters, which they did not previously do. Because of the whacked out way that the Lasher fires it's actually possible to miss a target from 5 meters, so that lash damage makes the gun more effective up close.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Getting rid of HA would make PlanetSide into a far better game.

Something that simple will never affect the status quo, however.

edit: As for Lasher, you can't miss. The purple menace should find that quite serviceable.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

I didnt renew my subscription because of HA. Not because it kills to fast or that there are 4 shot exploits. But because I can go play DOD for free and get faster paced instagib. So give me a good reason to pay $12 a month for what DOD gives me?

Ok so there are vehicles. Ok. Wait doesnt Biowasteland and Shifter have that + more deployables? Hmm looks like Im gonna go play a game with worse grafics but more actual gameplay.

If the HA cert were removed I would come back INSTANTLY! The game actually requires skill then. Current HA isnt even on par with CS skill curves. At least you need to get a Headshot to kill in under a second. In PS you just need to just hit and do the same damage anywhere. Im not advocating for hitboxes. But no hitboxes + instagib = skilless game.
Old 2004-02-09, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

When you get initiative on a lasherman with a Sweeper and he still kills you, you know Lasher isn't the POS that the ever-dissatisfied Vanu claim it is -- and it hasn't even been re-buffed yet.

Heavy Assault, like Surge, sucks.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-09, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
SpunkJackel
Corporal

Man, I still don't get it. How is everyone running around indoors with either a MAX or a sweeper a good thing? I just really don't get it...you guys must be really boring in life..

Last edited by SpunkJackel; 2004-02-09 at 11:15 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion