Lasher!!!!!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Able to ride a tricycle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-23, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
VectorModule
Private

Lasher!!!!!!!

The recent VS winning streak explained I am posting a complaint thread all that are against the recent lasher buff please post here. I am sick of playing against vanu, and so is my outfit(Renegade Legion) We are as we speak boycotting the damn vs. Whenever I see a lasher im outta there. I have almost lost my love for the game along with many others please lets all get together and do something about this!!!!!
Old 2004-02-23, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hito
Private

No offence but NC dont have much room to complain- ok thx look at ur own teams crap then speak >_>
Old 2004-02-23, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by VectorModule
The recent VS winning streak explained I am posting a complaint thread all that are against the recent lasher buff please post here. I am sick of playing against vanu, and so is my outfit(Renegade Legion) We are as we speak boycotting the damn vs. Whenever I see a lasher im outta there. I have almost lost my love for the game along with many others please lets all get together and do something about this!!!!!
Now you know how the TR and VS feel about the Jackhammer. BTW, the Jackhammer is STILL more powerful than the Lasher. The difference now is that your previous easy wins are not so easy anymore. Time to tuff it up and deal with it.
Old 2004-02-23, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hito
Private

PS what a game.
The jackhammer makes it so lame.
When i want something to blame.
I blame the jackhammer and refrain.
Why not blame it? its so damn rigged.
My lashers as weak as a twig and yours strong as a brick.
I feel so small! so vulnerable suited in purple.
For all those brave men that i have soluted.
The VS arient winning cuz of lasher that coments just plain diluted.
All the noobs are on NC abusin the wepon of evryones dreams.
The jackhammer The gay The vulnerable The fray The people who hide Behind a gun.
The people who who often like to run.
The VS are skilled thats are excuse so ill see you in hell while you take the abuse.. of a million VS who had to go through the misuse............of the jackhammer .

-mE
Old 2004-02-23, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

The Lasher is not that powerful. It's that every noob who used to spam Jackhammers is now spamming Lashers.

As a weapon, the JH is more powerful up close, the MCG can outlast a Lasher. Boomers still blow up lasher users, tanks still run them over, AI MAXes still kill them. Lashers still stick around in backpacks once you've killed one, so it IS some sort of overpowered weapon, why not grab one yourself? Lord knows enough TR and VS use JHs.

The Lasher is by no means an assured kill up close unless they put a lot of rounds directly on a target. And the Lasher has a much smaller margin of error on that in comparison to the JH...until you get up close, when the JH has a much higher damage factor.

Haven't fought that many NC as a Lasher user (one of my alts used Lasher back when it was completely useless), but the TR give just as good as they get with Cyclers and MCGs....have you ever met your friend, the Gauss? That lasher drains it's clip pretty quickly (the fact nobody seems to consider), so dodge the orbs...use medpacks and wait for the reload and paste him.

Battlefield tests prove that in range, rate of fire and time to kill...the Quasar is far superior to the Lasher in terms of killing power.

For any NC (or TR) whiners: Pick up that MA rifle you paid for and learn to use it rather than running blindly at the guy who's going to kill you if you come into medium range. Learn to use grenades. Learn to use squads and the support that they can provide. Learn to use TACTICS beyond "run at guy until die, grab gun, repeat"....it's really NOT that difficult.

Old 2004-02-23, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

The Lasher does 32 damage a hit now, it lashes AND hits, it's a bug, it's a 3 shot kill on agile. It's a fucking instagib. Shut up. The Jackhammer is fine. Just engage them outside their range.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-23, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
The Lasher does 32 damage a hit now, it lashes AND hits, it's a bug, it's a 3 shot kill on agile. It's a fucking instagib. Shut up. The Jackhammer is fine. Just engage them outside their range.
The Lasher does not kill an agile in 3 hits and a Jack still has a faster TTK in CQB without using a tri-shot.
Old 2004-02-23, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

GreyFlcn tested it. It does exactly 32, he has a video.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-23, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I love that an NC has the nads to bitch about somebody else's HA being overpowered less than a week after a patch. I've played all 3 empires quite a bit, but quityerbitchin. Freaking spoiled NC players.
Old 2004-02-23, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
GreyFlcn tested it. It does exactly 32, he has a video.
Have a Lasher in agile stand face to face with a Jack in agile and have them begin firing at the same time. The Jack wins every time. So if the Lasher is instagib the Jack is instagib+.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Krinsath
The Lasher is not that powerful. It's that every noob who used to spam Jackhammers is now spamming Lashers.

As a weapon, the JH is more powerful up close, the MCG can outlast a Lasher. Boomers still blow up lasher users, tanks still run them over, AI MAXes still kill them. Lashers still stick around in backpacks once you've killed one, so it IS some sort of overpowered weapon, why not grab one yourself? Lord knows enough TR and VS use JHs.

The Lasher is by no means an assured kill up close unless they put a lot of rounds directly on a target. And the Lasher has a much smaller margin of error on that in comparison to the JH...until you get up close, when the JH has a much higher damage factor.

Haven't fought that many NC as a Lasher user (one of my alts used Lasher back when it was completely useless), but the TR give just as good as they get with Cyclers and MCGs....have you ever met your friend, the Gauss? That lasher drains it's clip pretty quickly (the fact nobody seems to consider), so dodge the orbs...use medpacks and wait for the reload and paste him.

Battlefield tests prove that in range, rate of fire and time to kill...the Quasar is far superior to the Lasher in terms of killing power.

For any NC (or TR) whiners: Pick up that MA rifle you paid for and learn to use it rather than running blindly at the guy who's going to kill you if you come into medium range. Learn to use grenades. Learn to use squads and the support that they can provide. Learn to use TACTICS beyond "run at guy until die, grab gun, repeat"....it's really NOT that difficult.

Agreed
Old 2004-02-23, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Let's play with some numbers. HA across all three servers according to Thott...

BR 1+
VS +5.8%
NC -2.1
TR +0.7

BR 5+
VS +6.3
NC -2.3
TR +0.8

BR 10+
VS +7.5
NC -2.8
TR -0.1

BR 15+
VS +7.5
NC -3.8
TR -0.3

BR 20
VS +7.2
NC -5.0
TR +1.2

A 6% increase overall in Lashers coupled with a 2% drop in Jackhammers. TR HA got a small increase following the MCG's small buff; makes sense. Let's look at population.

All Servers
TR 8770
NC 7834
VS 9458

Emerald
TR 3847
NC 3804
VS 4253

Markov
TR 3352
NC 2298
VS 3121

Werner
TR 1571
NC 1732
VS 2084

Vanu wins in population now. People switching loyalties? Possibly.

6% of 9,458 is 567 additional Lasher-users
-2% of 7,835 is 157 fewer Jackhammer-users

With an already lower population, you gotta wonder.... is the NC's once over-powered weapon not enough to overcome the bandwagon hoppers and the mass of players fed up with their dominance?
Old 2004-02-23, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Yea, the thing about looting Lashers is all fine, but the whole ammo thing is a somewhat limiting factor. Just thought I'd slide that in there.
Old 2004-02-23, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Ok, i don't care about if you get hit with a direct orb and it does 32 damage. Good for that. What I'm really mad about is that it seems that even if your behind the lasher user, you still get lashed when he fires, right now, I'd rather go up against a JH than a lasher.

Visual:
As you can see, the lash hits the guy that the orbs are going at and the guy behind the lasher user.

Old 2004-02-23, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
bryan25
Sergeant Major

you idiots u know that the lasher is too powerful u just dont want to admit it u pussies.

You Vanu make me sick you know that the lasher is too powerful and now u have more people comin to your side just cuzz of the lasher.

Last edited by bryan25; 2004-02-23 at 04:26 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion