Lasher!!!!!!! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How do I turn on godmode?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-24, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Mudflap
Sergeant

Sorry, I know I'll be flamed by all these fools for being an NC, but I play all three empires thank you very freakin much! I have 2 BR14 VS, a BR12 TR, and a couple NC of course. Lasher is overpowered now. It could just be a bug, but to compare it to the JH and say that the JH kills faster is avoiding the problem. The JH has to get into range, the lasher has an insane range for HA.

I've actually died before I even saw or heard an orb fired. I love it with my lasher user, but it is cheap. Stop brow-beating NC for coplaining about an obvious issue. The JH issue is not that the JH is unbalanced so much as surgiles suck. The fact is, the lasher is now the best grunt weapon out there by a long shot. I am a pretty good player, but I seem incapable of taking even pansy lasher users out one on on. I manage to kill about 1 out fo every 5 or 6 lasher users I come across, and that's just sad.
Old 2004-02-24, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Do you solo grunt a lot?
Old 2004-02-24, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Phaelon
Master Sergeant

Wow, huh interesting.
Old 2004-02-24, 11:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
GreyFox
First Sergeant

I seem to be having troubles with the Lasher outdoors... I always get beat by the MCG when I'm not that close, and by MA when I'm even further away, and by the JH when I'm up close...

I've gotten Surge now, and it helps to get in range.

Indoors though, now that is another matter. 2-4 Lasher users can make quite a wall of disco balls with devastating effect.

But we could do that before the patch too, so it's seems to be mostly the fact that we got a lot of players now, and a lot of Lasher users.
Old 2004-02-24, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Mudflap
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gigabein
Do you solo grunt a lot?
I was born a grunt.

Originally Posted by GreyFox
I seem to be having troubles with the Lasher outdoors... I always get beat by the MCG when I'm not that close, and by MA when I'm even further away, and by the JH when I'm up close...

I've gotten Surge now, and it helps to get in range.

Indoors though, now that is another matter. 2-4 Lasher users can make quite a wall of disco balls with devastating effect.

But we could do that before the patch too, so it's seems to be mostly the fact that we got a lot of players now, and a lot of Lasher users.
And now the VS can do what they were good at before even better with a larger clip and faster reloads, and bugged or excessive damage and lash.

Every HA user gets owned by MA at long range. HA is really for indoor use. The lasher has always owned halways, and now it does it even better. The other empires have nothing to compete with the VS hallways ownage. The lasher's range means that in a bio lab, you could have 3-5 lasher users guarding each of the hallways going from the stairs to the CC, and virtually nobody would ever breach.
Old 2004-02-24, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Hmm, sounds like they should use maxs to overcome the lasher spam. We tried it the other evening, worked like a champ. Sure, maxes die, but by then, your in the base (and can rez them). If your NC, several maxes (3 or 4) crashing with shields should work just fine.

Yes, they need to fix the lasher bug, however, don't just assume there is something wrong with the changes. We just need to get used to the idea that VS don't sux anymore! So stop whining and adapt and overcome!

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

The other side of the Bio lab is you drop the gen (which is on the roof and hard to defend), whenever they run out of ammo, they're sunk. I know, I know...tactics shouldn't extend beyond "run at enemy shooting gun"...but that would solve the situation...especially since most of these lasher noobs fire as soon as the door opens whether a real target is there or not. A few extra minutes and suddenly you're just fighting a bunch of guys with knives.
Old 2004-02-24, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Hmm, sounds like they should use maxs to overcome the lasher spam. We tried it the other evening, worked like a champ. Sure, maxes die, but by then, your in the base (and can rez them). If your NC, several maxes (3 or 4) crashing with shields should work just fine
Well thats the NC then what are the TR supposed to do? lockdown just so our MAXs can be just as effective as everyone elses? or are we suppose to raid with plasma thumpers and such? (I'm just asking for tactics because the only thing I have found effective is waiting the VS out till the Base goes neutral)
Old 2004-02-24, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

There isn't supposed to be a 1-cert solution to taking a well-defended base. Snipers (for clearing walls), vehicles, and flyers secure the courtyard. Inside, use thumpers to suppress and weaken their chokepoint, send in AI/AV maxes to bust through and follow in with HA and Deci's to mop up.
Old 2004-02-24, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Neofite
Private

Hi all,

as a new player (about 3 weeks as TR), i noticed that the lasher takes out massive amount of guys. Dont know how it used to be, but they are harsh when they do splash damage just going by you and you around the corner. Maybe it is just my newbieness
Old 2004-02-24, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't like to complain, but I think the damage vs. a MAX is insanely overpowered. I went one on one inside a base against a lasher user with my DC MAX and got totally owned. You barely have to reload the lasher twice to down a full health MAX. Plus, inside bases the VS can run circles around you. I believe that HA should be good in a battle vs. both infantry and MAXes, but I don't think they should be able to go one on one...EVER.
Old 2004-02-24, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
I don't like to complain, but I think the damage vs. a MAX is insanely overpowered. I went one on one inside a base against a lasher user with my DC MAX and got totally owned. You barely have to reload the lasher twice to down a full health MAX. Plus, inside bases the VS can run circles around you. I believe that HA should be good in a battle vs. both infantry and MAXes, but I don't think they should be able to go one on one...EVER.
How is this any different than the Jackhammer or the MCG with AP rounds loaded? Besides the obvious versatility of not needing an additional type of round for it, it's no different than the other HA in taking down MAXs.
Old 2004-02-24, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

No, the lasher can down a MAX faster then both the JH and the MCG with AP rounds loaded.
Old 2004-02-24, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
No, the lasher can down a MAX faster then both the JH and the MCG with AP rounds loaded.
75 AP rounds drops a MAX, so a MCG can kill a MAX with 1 clip... As can a Jack... the Lasher needs to reload and empty 2 full clips to drop a MAX...

The Lasher's advantage is that it's deadlier to a MAX at medium range because of the COF for the MCG and Jack and the Lasher need not change ammo types. But, the easiest MAX killing tactic is to be in Agile and just get behind the MAX... the MAX can't turn around faster than you can strafe so... dead MAX.
Old 2004-02-24, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

No, not since ammo buff. The lasher barely needs to reload once to kill a full up max. Not to mention it takes quite some time to get off 75 MCG rounds (In actuallity, it shoots slower than it appears to). The lasher can kill a max faster. I'll take an MCG vs a lasher in a max anyday.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion