TR's Own Weapons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cheer up, the worst is yet to come
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-13, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NeeNee
Private

TR's Own Weapons

Tell me if i'm wrong but all of the TR's "unique" weapons cause medium damage. Even the mini chaingun which is heavy assualt causes medium damage. As for the NC their Jackhammer and Gauss both cause high damage and the VS energy pistol and lasher both cause high damage. I don't really have a problem with it as i still get my fare share of kills but.... it is slightly unfare, but then again maybe TR are better off in other areas!

Last edited by NeeNee; 2004-04-13 at 06:25 PM.
Old 2004-04-13, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Those are just descriptions, all that matters are the numbers.
Old 2004-04-13, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
KIAsan
First Sergeant

It's not unfair, all weapons are balanced against each other. There are still some problems (like TR maxes), however those will be addressed by the dev team.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-13, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
oddfish
Colonel

TR weapons spit out twice as many rounds as the VS and NC weapons. Hence, they do less damage, but there's more lead flying. Objective of the weapons of each empire:

TR - Suppress and turn back enemy forces with an incomprehensible barrage of shit
VS - Quickly and efficiently laser beam and energy ball the enemy's ass into oblivion
NC - Pound the fuck out of the opposition with heavy shit until they get tired and log

all of these options are equally good and very evened out. Each empire has it's drawbacks and advantages.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-04-13, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

TR weapons do only do medium damage but they shoot damn fast.
Old 2004-04-13, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Oddfish is right. TR specialize in rapid-fire Hence having twice as much Ammo per round, and their rate of fire is double that of the NC and VS. Hence one single shot being next to nothing in damage, but firing a full round is deadly.
Old 2004-04-13, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by KIAsan
It's not unfair, all weapons are balanced against each other. There are still some problems (like TR maxes), however those will be addressed by the dev team.
Exactly what I was going to say KIAsan
Old 2004-04-13, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by oddfish
TR weapons spit out twice as many rounds as the VS and NC weapons. Hence, they do less damage, but there's more lead flying. Objective of the weapons of each empire:

TR - Suppress and turn back enemy forces with an incomprehensible barrage of shit
VS - Quickly and efficiently laser beam and energy ball the enemy's ass into oblivion
NC - Pound the fuck out of the opposition with heavy shit until they get tired and log

all of these options are equally good and very evened out. Each empire has it's drawbacks and advantages.
You are NC, there is an unbiased opinion...

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-13, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
Agreed
Old 2004-04-13, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by NeeNee
the VS energy pistol and lasher both cause high damage

WTF!
Old 2004-04-13, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by scarpas
WTF!
I think he meant the pulsar which does have the biggest punch of assault rifles under 75m and yes the lasher does cause high damage.
Old 2004-04-13, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

As it stands, imo all the infantry weapons are well-balenced against each other.

MA is about the best-balenced cert out there, pulsar has almost no degradation up to med range, where cycler/gauss start to have faster ttk's, and in general the empire strengths are well-reflected.

HA is balenced in my opinion, more so than it has ever been. All HA works well surgiling, and as a check, in the right hands, a rexotank HA can own just about any surgile. VS versatility really works with lasher, I would argue that a vs grunt really does not need AV or SA if they have lasher, it can function in both of those conditions and still own at AI. JH has steep damage drop-off an MCG has an awesome range and with a skilled user is hands-down the best HA out there. (Little more of a learning curve, but it remains badass)

AV too is well-balenced. For all the bitching about striker lockons, I have used AV/Rexo as tr and the occasionaly difficulty locking on is more than made up for the awesome ttk and dps. It is also a mini starfire. 3-4 striker users chew through armor faster than any other av, even decis. If striker is missing half as much as all the forum whiners make it out to be, I hope they don't fix it, it already does near-absurd damage.
Lancer, since they upped the projectile speed it does a fine job of sniping vehicles and maxs. It also works well against low-flying aircraft, like the striker it has awesome dps.
Phoenix = fun as hell, but very situational, it does have an absolutely terrible dps and a ttk slower than a snail tied ot a 1000 kg weight moving through molassas, but the ability to hide and the effectiveness in groups makes up for its weakness alone.

Vehicles, I am not going to deny that I think van and enforcer are far better than any others, but that is more as a result of me using them both extensivly, I have a healthy respect for all ove the other empires vehicles.

Maxs: All av is gimped, nothing much there, AA gets the job done, however the starfire is nuts, while burster has serious difficulties hitting the ceiling.

AI Maxs: Scatmax tears through other maxs like butter. AV Maxs should be able to kill it, however in the realities of combat it is not difficult for a scatmax to rip any av max to pieces. Indoors, a scatmax can kill either of the other empires maxs with plenty of clip to spare, usually finishing with about 250 armor. It there is one thing I would conseide, its that in the right hands, with the AV damage on the scattercannon what it is, with the shield and all, its not even fair what can be done with it.

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
Well, I am NC too, so I guess that means I am incapable of being unbiased, well can't say I didn't try.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'd have to disagree with the AV max argument, eldanesh. The commet is far superior to either the falcon or the pounder MAX. It has the best TTK, and better projectile speen than the falcon(accuracy issue there). Additionaly, the VS jets allow it to be the only max that can actualy serve an anti-vehiclar roll without too much risk of geting mowed. This applies to the starfire as well because it can reach places noone else can and dodge reaver rocket spam.

The beamer still needs work though.
Old 2004-04-14, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
KIAsan
First Sergeant

I think the falcon is great vs vehicles. The rockets have good speed, biggest issue is leading your target correctly. You do that from the top of a tower or wall, they are going to die pretty quick. Took out several prowlers that way. But it does take skill.

The sparrow is also a good AA killer (not as good as the starfire), but will quickly put a hurt on enemy Acft. Burster just plain sucks in most situations. True, if your locked down and can surprise them, most Acft are dead before they can react. The fact that you can't tell where the flak is coming from makes running away a risky business (you may just run down their line of sight). However, if you know where the max is, you can fly in and own the thing before they do serious damage.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-04-14, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Sure the MCG isn't as strong as the Jackhammer and Lasher but, it has it's strong points like the 100 bullet clip so you could take on like four guys before you reload. The thing is you have to keep the bullets hitting the person and move around so they can't shoot you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion