close quarter combat!!! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Giving is better than receiving, especially with grenades.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-05, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally i think i'm going to be most comfertable walking down hallways whit both by chain guns ( TR AI MAX) firering as soon as i see an enemy, yeah yeah crap acuarcy i know hehe..... NC max shotty would be nice to but i generally enjoy miniguns more =)
Old 2003-02-05, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Sputty
Nope. Vehicles can't go into buildings

Way to kill my dreams man...
Old 2003-02-05, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Hamma
PSU Admin

The only instance of a vehicle in a building is, some ground vehicle pads are underground and drive out through a large garage. However, it autodrives

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-05, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Madprofessor9
Corporal

Last edited by Madprofessor9; 2003-02-06 at 03:05 PM.
Old 2003-02-05, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Madprofessor9
Corporal

Yes on the shotgun slugs have a velocity of almost 1200 fps anywhere between 25 to 50 meters it has the same equvilent damage as a 20mm round from a M-61 alpha gatling system on most modern day US Jet Fighters. Or a M-197 20mm gatling system on the cobra gunships. The round weighs in at pretty close to 17.4 ounces on most standard magnum loads. And will go through the door of a car and out the other door on the other side. Most pistol and rifle caliber rounds won't do this. Except a 12.7mm or .50 cal BMG round. Or a .50 Cal AE round from a Desert eagle. Because these rounds are so heavy with there givin velocity. To prevent much of what is known as the tumble effect of projectiles. only other rounds that are capable of punching all the way through a car is the .357 mag (a magnumized 9mm) and the .44 mag cartridge (a magnumized 10mm). Now the 5.56mm (.223 cal) from which most american assault rifle fire. a projectile a tad bit bigger then a .22 cal with a velocity of over 2500 fps. The bullet is so light that when it hits a car door it tumbles. The round was basicly designed to injure an enemy rather then kill him. Theory behind this was why take out 1 guy in a war by killin him. When you can take out 3 guys if you injure the enemy. Injure one and it take 2 guys to carry the wounded out. Statisticly speaking of course.

Now standard pistol round. Are so to speak better with close range do to fact the .cal size versus a standard assault rifle rounds. The bullets are generally bigger and more spherical then a long pointy rifle round. Thus the standard FMJ (full metal jacket)
when it pentrates flesh it bounces off of bones creating more trauma to the victim. Now with JHP (Jacked Hollow Point) Like said before were design to come to a full stop. so you would be less likly to hit a innocent bystander after the round hit its intended target. But the up side to the this low pentration value is A massive Channel wound to a unarmored enemy. Do to the fact the bullet mushrooms on impact making the bullet bigger as it enters a body.

Now the topic where a bullet can knock you down when being shot is misunderstood really. Sure a standard 7.62x32mm round could knock you down if you where caught by surprise. but to tell you the truth its feels like a baseball hitting you at about 85 miles an hour. When I was shot in bosnia in 96 2 times by a 7.62mm from a ak I really didn't feel the first round. After the second one hit me in my lower side I realised I was hit. I thought it would hurt worse then it did. but after I was rescued. thats when I really started feeling the pain was when I was being fixed up
by the just outta school medical officers
but I thank god I didn't die that day in some 3rd world country and realised I was very lucky a few of my other buddies didn't make it out.

but thats a whole other story which I may go into at a later time

Please don't flame me to much I was only stating what I know about firearms through experiance. and book knowlege

Last edited by Madprofessor9; 2003-02-06 at 03:06 PM.
Old 2003-02-05, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Ludio
First Sergeant

This is starting to sound like the Sniper/AWP thread
Old 2003-02-05, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sigurd
Corporal

wow, great story and you sure as hell know your shit. Were you army btw..cause im thinking about joining up.
Old 2003-02-05, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Sol
Sergeant

Originally posted by Lexington_Steele
Boo on the shotgun. Give me an assault rifle and I'l be happy. I wonder how the Lasher works exactly and if it can hit people around corners.
Shooting around corners would be insanely hard to do, at least when I look at how its done in other games. I sure would fear teh 1337 vanu if its posibble tho.
Old 2003-02-05, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Madprofessor9
Corporal

I joined the army back in 91. I flew the AH-1 cobra for the 25th Aviation Regiment. For almost 6 years. I had the best time of my life in the army personally and If I could do it again I would be back there still doing it. But I was shot down one long day in febuary of 96. My gunner had been badly injured in the crash.
I was knocked unconsious for at least 20 mins when I awoke I had sprained my left ankle and broke all my toes on my left foot. As I was struggling to get out of the Craft. I finally floped out of the bird and went to help my Gunner out. as I was going to help him out I was shot twice in the back one hitting me in the shoulder blade and then the other one hitting me in the lower left section of my back. I stoped for a second and then blacked out.
next thing I know my Chapel and I are being carried by a Uh-60 blackhawk crew. To the nearest medical lz area.
after that I'm sent back home with a purple heart and a honorary discharge. but even after all that that happened to me out there I really enjoyed my work the army helped me be strong and fearless. Brought me up to a new level in my life and like I said if I could go back I would
Old 2003-02-05, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sigurd
Corporal

wow, except for that whole crashing thing, which was tragic, sounds like army life is good for ya on the whole. Thats why i wanted to join, gonna do ROTC in college me thinks. A bunch of my friends are joining up too.
Old 2003-02-05, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Madprofessor9
Corporal

rgr that stick with it. Trust me it will all be worth it I promise you
Old 2003-02-05, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Sigurd
Corporal

lol, i got a trainer i work out with, he was in 'Nam in the Airborne. He says some crazy shit went down in the Army, but he said it was worth it too. Even though a lot of parents tell me not to do it, the shit i hear from the vets tells me im doin the right thing. Thx for the encouragement, i just wanna do my part like you did, and i think you did a great service to your country. I'm a bit more old school in my thinking, but there is no one i respect more than Vets, /me salutes you
Old 2003-02-05, 08:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Madprofessor9
Corporal

RGR that. If there is any advice I can give you its this
Boot Camp can make or break you. All you have to remember all boot camp is really just a big game. Just play the game and you will do fine. The service is a whole different world after boot camp
So don't let boot camp bring you down
Old 2003-02-05, 09:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Sigurd
Corporal

yeah thats exactly what my trainer told me, thats why hes training me now. Gettin me to run in boots and do lots of high intense work outs. One of the reasons i wanted to join was to see if i could handle the physical and mental conditioning you have to go through. Maybe go Airborne or get Ranger certified lol, be an official snake eater.
Old 2003-02-05, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Madprofessor9
Corporal

Awesome I really wish you the best of luck. I respect you for going with what you want to do in life. And not let others try to bring to bring you down. I had friends in the rangers and let me tell you something there be best group of people I have ever met. There Strong and Fearless warriors. One of the most dedicated guys out there. So stick with it man and look me up when you get out we could talk sometimes you will problely still be able to find me in Planetside as a dedicated reaver pilot for which side I really don't know yet though hahahah
I salute you
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion