Seige-Mobile - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: As cool as a divot.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-16, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Spee
Colonel

Seige-Mobile

Just a little idea I came up with.

Imagine, if you will, a 5-story moving fortress - Completely vertical, with windows wide enough to fire through. Basically, the vehicles many infantry on board supply the weapons system by deluging firepower down upon the target.

Imagine 5 of these, side-by side, and the entire continents population inside of them. 160 or so MCG's and cyclers aimed at once base, red flying everywhere, and everyone pinned down because of the hail of death. Snipers cant snipe, else they are torn to shreds. The only thing anyone can do, is fire a potshot at the vehicles base with a Deci.

The infantry inside can still be hit - But the point of this "mobile tower" is to be able to rain so much amo and munitions down on a single spot that the enemy CANT retaliate.

I personally, think it would be cool. And, opens up new cloaker jobs.

/random
Old 2004-07-16, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
StrangeFellow
First Sergeant

Misc Info

interesting
Snipers cant snipe, else they are torn to shreds.
if you can shread me at <100m with your mcg's/cyclers and i'll give you 5 bucks

System Specs:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium 4 "C" [email protected]
1024MB PC3200 Corsair Value-Ram
ATI Radeon 9800pro @ xt
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Samsung 160GB SATA holding games'n'stuff
Western Digital 160 ATA100 holding windows and important stuff
Old 2004-07-16, 01:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

if i saw one of those i would call down my trusty OS and get one big kill sPAM.
Old 2004-07-16, 01:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by HawkEye
I was thinking the same thing good OS target. Also you can't get that many people in a tower like that because there will always be people that don't want to participate in it and stuff. Also I don't see how this can be very affective since you couldn't get that many people in it so that there is actually so much fire that you can't get out.
Old 2004-07-16, 01:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
StrangeFellow
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by HawkEye
i do beleive that diserves a

System Specs:
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Intel Pentium 4 "C" [email protected]
1024MB PC3200 Corsair Value-Ram
ATI Radeon 9800pro @ xt
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Samsung 160GB SATA holding games'n'stuff
Western Digital 160 ATA100 holding windows and important stuff
Old 2004-07-16, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

All you need is a squad of Maelstrom users with good aim lobbing grenades into the slits, everyone inside will die in under a minute.

Biggest OS ever could be accomplished in these.

This isn't Lord of the Rings, this is Planetside.

Snipers will not be hurt by this. Consider this: In order for the troops inside the fortress to shoot down, they must have the ability to see the troops they are shooting. Sniping is a line of sight ordeal, if you don't have line of sight you don't have a shot. As long as the troops inside can fire down, snipers can snipe up into the tower. And so long as enemy troops stay uncoordinated, snipers will still destroy. Speaking as a sniper, nothing will stop me from sniping. No amount of gunfire will deter me, where there is a will there is a way.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this probably won't be included in the game, to much work involved, not enough resources, not easily balanced without great changes.
Old 2004-07-16, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Phaden
Contributor
Major

Yeh, there would have to be something to balance, as im sure some are thinking that defenders have it hard as it is.

Perhaps giant defence guns? But it kinda then would defeat the purpose, as the focus is on skill, not huge weapons of mass destruction, hence why OS have to be "earned".
Old 2004-07-16, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Spee
Colonel

See, this idea had originally risen from a joke of a TR vehicle - A pickup truck with 3 guys in the back with MCG's.

Then I said "HEY! Why not...5 stories tall?!"

I can dream, cant i?
Old 2004-07-16, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

What I think is cool is everyone in here suddenly had the thought of one of these things bearing down on them and each one of you came up with ways to fight it. Spee just created a hot-spot in our imaginations!

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-07-16, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hezzy
Contributor
General

Sorry, but most of the terrain isn't flat.

It'd tip over.
Old 2004-07-16, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EarlyDawn
Major General

What I think would be cool is if the back of the Sunderer (everything farther back then the driver's cab) could elevate on hydraulics to lift the passengers and gunners up to wall-level on a base.

That way, attackers and MAXes could disembark onto the wall directly, while the gunners covered. The complication is that you'd need even terrain to do it, some kind of deploy mode, and some way of designating which side you want to get out of, so you end up on the wall instead of jumping off a wall-height drop =D
Old 2004-07-16, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Cauldron Borne
Captain

My BD + 400m + that monstrocity of a 'tower' = a bunch of dead people, except me.

Now, if we could have seige ladders, that would be cool.

Imagine, if you will. A base that is WELL defended is being zerged. Then a group of ladder bearers (fits in a holster slot, but once equiped can't be unequiped) place these ladders on the side of a base. Then people use it like ziplines: you walk up, press ''g'' and your avatar starts going up. The heavier the armor, the slower you go. and MAX's can use it.

The ladder can be destroyed, but not undeployed. (once you place it, it's stuck until it's destroyed or decon'd [5 min]). And could be used both ways. by anybody, friend or foe.

To deploy the ladder bearer would have to walk up to within 2m of a wall and place (there would be a circle like the CE reticle, and would go green when you could place it.). Could be a CE tool. Give us something else to play with. Could be used for towers, too.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)

Last edited by Cauldron Borne; 2004-07-16 at 07:17 PM.
Old 2004-07-16, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Davik Dakari
Private

mmmm...can you say lag?
Old 2004-07-16, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

if they made gates into the courtyard lockable, and backdoors only hackable from the inside, yea I guess you could do something like this. what youre talking about is a little to collosal for my tastes. I like the general idea, but castle sieging + planetside= bad mix. theres plenty of other ideas out there (along the same lines of "collosal" weaponry) like outfit cruisers that would better fit the game.
Old 2004-07-17, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Roswell34
First Sergeant

lol I was just playing a custom map on Counter Strike and It has this big tank that is 4 stories high which has big windows to fire into and out of plus little steps to get on
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion