anti air - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I lick my monitor. From the inside!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-09-10, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Raige
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lartnev
The only MAX that has any chance to have fun every time it is in reaver airspace is the Quasar. "Missile Lock" and getting hit by light flak is synonymous with "hit afterburner button". Quasar gets away with the missile lock warning because it doesn't have a 2 second locking delay like the sparrow.

Umm, your PSU Staff and you think Quasar is AA. Okay Mr. Noob. Quasar is AI - Anti-Infantry. Starfire is AA. Please learn those names again. You shouldnt be PSU Staff cause you dont know those things.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Dude, Lart said "Starfire" he just made a typo.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Oh Noes! A staff member made a typo! Burn him. Cut him into pieces and send his head to his grandmother!
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-09-10, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Raige
Umm, your PSU Staff and you think Quasar is AA. Okay Mr. Noob. Quasar is AI - Anti-Infantry. Starfire is AA. Please learn those names again. You shouldnt be PSU Staff cause you dont know those things.
quote hax

No you're completely right it's the Starfire and not the Quasar. But hey, shit happens

But still, you didn't notice it at first and you needed a second post so I guess it can happen to all of us.

With regards Burster, I completely agree, you catch a reaver dealing some spam close by you will take him down faster than he can say wtf!? But pilots are beginning to learn to avoid that one. I also agree that once a sparrow actually does achieve lock it is difficult to evade but that lock on delay sometimes mean it doesn't even get to that stage, or only a few missiles get airborne.

But I'm not really that bothered about AA atm apart from the fact that both the Sparrow and Starfire (omg I got it right!!111one) are good at attacking infrantry and the Burster can only run away.

Last edited by Lartnev; 2004-09-10 at 02:47 PM.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sputty
Banned

Warborn's posts make me wet
/me hugs Warborn

BTW, a quick solution to reaver problems. make it have a slower RoF, and higher AV damage, lower splash and AI damage and a better gun, and give it a minimum speed of 10 kph.

Last edited by Sputty; 2004-09-10 at 02:55 PM.
Old 2004-09-10, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

And make it a tank killer? I'm all for that
Old 2004-09-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Batousai
im not asking for realism im asking for common sense. There is a Big differnce between the two.

Common sense will tell you if you got hit with 8 missles in a row your going to die. reguardless of balance.

Balance would tell you if you got hit with 8 missles in a row you would still survive but if you took those same missles and hit a tank 8 times in a row they'ed be toast.

Does anyone esle feel alittle disturbed by this at all. Beside you need to get a AA max or skyguard and have fun in a target rich enviroment which is Reaver airspace.

P.S. My reaver doesn't need to be nerfed you need to get better.
Again, your point is ridiculous. If I fire a Decimator type missile at you in real life, what does common sense tell you will happen? That's what I thought. Quit confusing this game with reality, they don't mix, and it only makes your complete lack of a point more obvious.

I've played all AA MAXs extensively. Before they were bugged, I could absolutely dominate with the Starfire and be very effective with the Sparrow. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with the conversation. As a matter of fact, I've already talked about removal of the AA MAXs if they were to make logical changes to aircraft physics. You might have missed that point in your anxiousness to post faulty logic.

P.S. Your P.S. is stupid.
Old 2004-09-11, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
ihatetheNC
Private

ok. tanks and shit running me over.. not a problem, i use combat engie, i just throw a jammer, run away and hope it follows, teh silly buggers usually do and are to stupid to see the mines im also planting as i run. doh. but theres nothing you can do like that to save yourself in the case of a reaver deciding to pick specifically on you. unfortunately for me, my name gets me a load of nc all wanting to take me down at once lol, so i am normally on the recieving end of 2 or 3 reavers or mossies at any one given time. a minimum air speed and an av damage increase is all thats needed there.. i mean.. with a minimum speed, you dont have to change the damage to infantry because it would just make it harder to target you, half teh missiles would miss and teh splash doesnt do that much damage. as for teh real life physics etc, if you want it to compare to real life, go on, you go out there and snipe someone in the face to watch them pull out a medical applicator and heal that big hole u made where their nose was 5 mins ago... its not about realism, its about making it fun, fair and keeping the game number 1 in teh mmofps category. people who say, "quit moaning", if everyone was like that, we would still be on the first build of the game. so shut up on that matter. the devs rely on feedback and regularly visit forums official or not for teh info and opinions they need to make the game better and all round, more enjoyable for EVERYONE not just teh people who love the way things are because it suits them. its about keeping everyone happy, not just you.
funny though, i started this thread with teh suggestion of a simple new weapon, or maybe.. if a weapon.. say the rocklet rifle.. could change its ammo pack to AA.... and its developed to this, with some fantastic ideas for modifications to teh VTOL system and stuff. this is what its about, feedback and good ideas from people like madcow and warborn.
Old 2004-09-11, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
ihatetheNC
Private

p.s sorry, my extensive use of "teh " is my lack of being bothred to go and correct it as i do it so much lol
Old 2004-09-11, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Jesus christ, in this game, you're going to die, and it's not always gonna be fair.
The stuff in this game is balanced, not everything is balanced against eachother, but it all works out. Don't want to be reaverspammed? Have an AA MAX travel with you, carry a Striker (If you're TR, just the "LOCK ON" thing scares most reavers away) get a skyguard, or get a reaver yourself. Better yet, get a mosquito, they rip reavers apart! Dont' bitch if you get killed by a reaver while on the ground, that's what they do, kill shit on the ground, sure, it's not "fair", but what is? War is hell. Deal with it.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-09-11, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
ihatetheNC
Private

like i said.. people like you would be responsible if the game was still at its origional build state
Old 2004-09-11, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Cauldron Borne
Captain

no-one replied to my jammer rocket post....stupid flame arguements....

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-09-11, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ihatetheNC
problem: reaver spammers..
solution: personal flak cannons.
currently no empire has any weaponry that comes close to giving a trooper on foot, any chance of surviving if a reaver, even one not too far from dead, decides to pick on you and rocket spam you to death. people are using them to rack up easy kills because they cant stay alive when they come up against a target that can fight back.
what does anyone else think to this suggestion?
Right.. keep tower zerging..

How about getting some air cover, or some skyguards?

I would rather not see the game so dumbed down that any zerg of infantry coming out of an AMS can take a base easily.

Personally, I would like to see the reaver more AV oriented, but still keeping some AI ability.

Changes needed:
-Make the 20mm a single gun, not dual with the horrible accuracy
-Increase rocket AV damage by 25-50%
-Significantly reduce rocket AI damage, to the point where using rockets on infantry is useless.

BTW, I do fly a reaver.. but I do alot of AV/AA work.
My target priority is usually the following:
Aircraft
AMS
Armor
MAX units
Infantry.
Old 2004-09-11, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by aiwest420
I would rather not see the game so dumbed down that any zerg of infantry coming out of an AMS can take a base easily.
When reavers are added to an AMS zerg, it generally ends with the reavers spamming the grunts all the way back to the AMS, then destorying the AMS, then keeping the enemy locked inside whatever tower they go back to. Reducing the reaver's effectiveness against infantry won't result in any zerg of infantry coming out of an AMS taking a base easily. Far from it.

The rest of your post was pretty good though.
Old 2004-09-11, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Kikinchikin

Obviously you weren't playing back last summer before the balance pass... The reaver was nerfed severely then. It's rediculous that people want it nerfed again, considering it takes, if my memory serves me correctly, 8 or 9 rockets to kill a rexo, which is about a 5th of the thing's clip. Take that, plus the fact that skyguards can destroy a reaver before you can even touch your afterburner, as well as the AA MAX's, which were uber last time I checked (correct me if I'm wrong here, haven't played since March). And then of course the automated Phalanx turrets (you may not have been around when they were manual). Aircraft have enough cards stacked against em.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion