Undercover? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma knows all.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-11, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Arthell
Master Sergeant

Undercover?

Ive only read the boards/info ive seen the last few months so dont know some of the basics still. Go easy on me.

Will you be able to define friends from foe easily?

I think i remember reading that you can see the persons name (above their head?) and with an implant can see their Outfit, health, armor, etc. (Might even be completely different game, not sure)

Something like that has both good and bad sides. A bad effect would be seeing a string of letters crawling through some grass (BF1942'ish) while a good part would be seeing health/armor stats and developing inter-empire relationships. (<insert feared Outfit here> are coming. Better shoot ourselves now.)

The main question : Can you easily see if a vehicle is a friend or foe?

All vehicles, even commom pool, are color-designed for their empire (from what ive seen, anyways) so jacking an enemy vehicle would usually only come into play if you need a ride. Stealing an enemy vehicle wouldnt serve alot of purpose aside from getting that fuzzy feeling watching that sniper run around looking for his skeeter while your friend the MAX bounded towards him joyfully.

If you cant see names in vehicles or you can only see names well at close range most people would just rely on what color the vehicles were. Jacking an enemy Galaxy would be extremely rare, obviously, so people wouldnt expect one of their own Galaxies to land outside their base and unload over a squad of enemy troops well behind the 'front lines'.

I personally think something like that would add some spice to the game every now and then, and would make it so you always have to double check any allies you come across ... 'just in case'.
Old 2003-02-11, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

sorry man, the way I understand it, once you jack a vehicle, it switches to your empire's color.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-11, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Arthell
Master Sergeant

Aawww .. not cool.
Old 2003-02-11, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Yes it is, Us Vanu want our Vehicles good and purple.
Old 2003-02-11, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Arthell
Master Sergeant

Why not share the wealth of purple-ness with the other poor, mislead empires, hmm? Surely letting them drive around in a hot purple vehicle will change their opinion of homo -- err, the Vanu.

Old 2003-02-11, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Nohimn
Major

OOH!! HE DISSED THE VANU!!

Old 2003-02-11, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally posted by {BOHICA}mistled
sorry man, the way I understand it, once you jack a vehicle, it switches to your empire's color.
the "your empire's color" part did it for me. lol

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-11, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Flameseeker
Captain

If I was caught driving that ugly pink reaver in your sig, Kyonye, I would nade myself. No offense, I just don't like Vanu and their Pink & Purple crap.
Old 2003-02-11, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Arshune
Captain

I thought their colors were purple and blueish green? The Vanu in the screenshots I've seen are mostly a sweet looking green color with splotches of purple, but I'm pretty sure those are the rank 20 characters.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-11, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bighoss
General

Vanu seem purple and black to me with a little pink
Old 2003-02-11, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally posted by Flameseeker
If I was caught driving that ugly pink reaver in your sig, Kyonye, I would nade myself. No offense, I just don't like Vanu and their Pink & Purple crap.
Understandable. hopefully i'm getting a new sig. we all hate eachother anyway so it really doesn't bother me.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-11, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Arshune
Captain

I personally think black and gold is the best color scheme of all time. I think that'd look really nice on a Vanu stealth suit.

But seriously, if someone jacked an empire specific item and it changed color, that would suck. That would sap a good chunk of fun out of the whole act of stealing something from someone.

Old 2003-02-11, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Flameseeker
Captain

Weapons don't change color, just vehicles. I mean, the enemy knows your vehicle is an enemy unless he is a total....Good point, there are a lot of those out there. I believe there is a picture of an NC Medium pointing a purplish Beamer at a warp gate. Also, Kyonye, I doesn't hate nobody. Except Hoss and Platy, they are trolls. to all besides them! But, .
Old 2003-02-11, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MooKoo
Sergeant

i don't see any pink in the vanu stuff it was probably the light that made the reaver look pink.
Old 2003-02-11, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Arshune
Captain

Yeah, I bet from far away it'd be pretty hard to tell someone was from a different empire (changing crosshair or not) if they were in a vehicle that was your empire's colors. That'd be such a great moment..."sweet, here comes a buggy to give me a ride <KERTHUNK>"

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion