Undercover? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <==3
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-11, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Frost
Private

Well... I don't know about that.
If crosshair turns red(or whatever it'll be ) , shoot until the vehicle infront of you is turned into a smelly pulp.
Old 2003-02-11, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arshune
Captain

What if you don't have something big enough to bust the vehicle before it squishes you? That's why I think it'd be great without color switching...at least until some misguided friendlies blew you up.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-11, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Zetre
First Sergeant

undercover brother?
Old 2003-02-11, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
KeviN
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Arshune
What if you don't have something big enough to bust the vehicle before it squishes you? That's why I think it'd be great without color switching...at least until some misguided friendlies blew you up.
That's when it's time to get out of the way, climb up a tree maybe?
Old 2003-02-12, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Arthell
Master Sergeant

Would deffinitly add some spice, imo. Of course, just occured to me : grief points. Trigger happy people, which will make a huge portion of the servers ....

Just hope devs can think/have thought of a better way so vehicles dont have to change colors.
Old 2003-02-12, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

hehe Arthell, I here ya, some of the pure RPG crowds might be a bit jumpy on that trigger finger.

Bob: Hey Frank!!!
Frank: AHHH!! ::BLAM:
Bob: OW

edit: typo
Old 2003-02-12, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
BaD
Private

Everyone seems to forget about alittle thing called r-a-d-a-r lol. If i see a big old galaxy comin at me with a red blip on my radar comin with it, i dun care what color it is.

AuTo|BaD
Old 2003-02-12, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
HopperWolf
Private

Originally posted by TheGreatCarbini
[B]hehe Arthell, I here ya, some of the pure RPG crowds might be a bit jumpy on that trigger finger.

Bob: Hey Frank!!!
Frank: AHHH!! ::BLAM:
Bob: OW

hehehehe, I'm a part of the RPG crowd.... well not so much more nowadays. But it shows in my "ARG! there's a person I don't know, what do I do?!?! ~BANG!~" kinda mentality sometimes.
Old 2003-02-12, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Diego
First Sergeant

Sadley, the undercover aspect of the game was removed with the changing of colors when you "jack" a enemy vehicle..

Personally, I think you should have to take it to a bay or something to that nature to get the colors changed over, but some would ask "Why Diego, what would cause someone to change colors if they could go undercover in a enemy base?" Good question, your own team.

If your own team sees this Vanu-Covered Reaver and don't know your in it, just shoot you down, thats a bad thing. One: You die, Two: you loose the vehicle, Three: Team-Mate gets Grief Points

So, capping a vehicle to get you out of whatever hole your in is good for the time, then jet to a base, change the colors and tell as many people as possible without being shot down.

But what I said is rendered useless because its not like that in the game, although it should be.
Old 2003-02-12, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
HopperWolf
Private

Originally posted by [sF]Diego
Three: Team-Mate gets Grief Points
Unfortunately, with the grief system in place, there are a lot of people who would use this instead of team killing in order to disrupt other player's games. By tricking them in to killing them they force grief points on em. another reason it's not gonna happen.

I can't remember which game it was, but there was a similar system, and people would make their teammates kill em just cos. :P
Old 2003-02-12, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Diego
First Sergeant

Exactly, thats what I was thinking as I wrote it.

The sad thing is every game will be like that, and there is nothing you, or anyone for that matter, can do about it.

Thats where SOE hires 24/7 Admins to watch for that stuff, and just ban the people.

The banning system for this game is the best by far. I really look forward to llamas and trolls being perma-banned in the game, and making them have to go buy a second, third, or fourth copy, heh..
Old 2003-02-12, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
HopperWolf
Private

hehehehehehahahahaamwahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 2003-02-12, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Subliminal
First Sergeant

ur kiddin?

Please tell me you cant get perma-banned?! IF so thats fine but i hope it takes ALOT of greif points to get this abn cuz i mean every now and then a nade slips and a fw friendlys end up as catsup so to speak
Old 2003-02-12, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Flameseeker
Captain

Perma-ban is very difficult. After you get X grief points 2-3 times, they give you a weapons/throttle lock for as many game minutes as the amount of damage you did. So, if you are at weapons lock level, I advise you to log off and chill for a while, then get back on and watch out for friendlies.
Old 2003-02-12, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Diego
First Sergeant

An example of perma-ban:

1: Gun all friendlies until you get weapon lock and 10% Speed Reduction

2: Get in vechs. and crash into people killing them that way

3: Then suicide full galaxies

Thats TRYING to get Perm-Banned, and I'm not sure if that does it, but it could. Its very hard to get perma-banned. But the Perma-Ban is primarlly for the cheaters/hackers in the game, not so much the llamas.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion