Infiltration havoc wreakers. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Fo Shizzle
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-18, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
�io
Lieutenant General

You know i just thought about something...

The stealth dude planted mines all around, now i assume planting a mine is the same as firing a weapon. So either the MAX was VERY distracted or the infiltration suit doesn't decloak completly when attacking.
Old 2003-03-18, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Warborn
I cannot believe the person in a suit of MAX armor didn't see the stealther doing that. It's really unbelievable.

You know about the Audio Amplification implant too.

The stealther could have silent run, which almost every stealther should and probably will get.

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
You're right, most will use Boomers.
Nice additions to things to look for, Incompetent. Btw, your "scorched earth" policy with consoles is good. Nice to see someone else who factors sacrifice into his/her decisions.
waht scorched earth policy?

Old 2003-03-18, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Quick thought -- do mines detonate if they're placed near an IMMOBILE enemy? Or would they only detonate once the enemy starts moving? In that case, the guy could have dropped 3 or 4 mines right behind and slightly to the side of the mostly immobile (maybe locked down?) MAX, and the MAX would be doomed -- soon as he moves, BOOM!
Old 2003-03-18, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Moleculor
Sergeant

No, mines do not detonate near immobile enemies. That's why the mines didn't go off till he moved (and why they didn't blow up in the engineer's face).

It works like this. Stealther comes up behind MAX. Since the MAX's field of vision is only 90 degrees (unless he happens to have a parabolic monitor, which is typically available for THOUSANDS of dollars), he can't see to the sides or behind him. VERY easy to sneak up when the MAX is focusing his fire. He simply plants three mines behind him (the cloak only reduces one level of cloaking when deploying objects and using objects, DUH), and leaves. MAX moves. Boom.
Old 2003-03-19, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Moleculor
No, mines do not detonate near immobile enemies. That's why the mines didn't go off till he moved (and why they didn't blow up in the engineer's face).

It works like this. Stealther comes up behind MAX. Since the MAX's field of vision is only 90 degrees (unless he happens to have a parabolic monitor, which is typically available for THOUSANDS of dollars), he can't see to the sides or behind him. VERY easy to sneak up when the MAX is focusing his fire. He simply plants three mines behind him (the cloak only reduces one level of cloaking when deploying objects and using objects, DUH), and leaves. MAX moves. Boom.
actually, do you think the game would support a parabolic monitor? haha ....but seriously, yes or no?

Old 2003-03-19, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Spnsr2
actually, do you think the game would support a parabolic monitor? haha ....but seriously, yes or no?
No
Old 2003-03-19, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Moleculor
Sergeant

If enough demand existed, yes. Simply add an option that changes your FOV from 90 to 120. No other FOVs allowed, of course.
Old 2003-03-19, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

If you want an idea of what it is like attacking people who are used to alot of stealthers, play Tribes 2 in the game, Combat PA 3.0 T2. I play stealther in that alot, but man, they are good at looking for stealthers and killing them.

And a Juggernaut with a Shield pack can be killed by a Sniper or Stealther (The Shocklance works kind-of like a knife). It just takes more than one, and 5-6 hits.

From playing T2. Juggernauts kill Stealthers, Stealthers kill Snipers, Snipers kill people trying to repair stuff. Of course, anyone can be killed by anyone else.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline

Last edited by Toimu; 2003-03-19 at 02:53 AM.
Old 2003-03-19, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

As getting smeared by stealthers increases, so will people's desire to get the countermeasure implants: Audio-amp, and darklight vision...

Plus, people will get better at general "pay attention" stuff, like listening for footsteps and looking for that visual disturbance that shows an infiltration suit on the move.
Yes this is true but then the number of stealthers over time will go down as people will become bored, its not fun anymore im not 1337 I get caught.

So then, there'll be less use for those implants and they will change them for something more useful for them, at which point the hardcore rogues amongst us will start having fun again wasting them
Old 2003-03-19, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Spnsr2
waht scorched earth policy?
Incompetent was talking about destroying consoles (even friendly ones) that the enemy is about to be able to use. Like if he knows there are Vanu Infs. in the area of a base he's defending. He would then take out a few equipment consoles there, so they can't become MAXs when they hack one (ten MAXs inside your defenses is BAD). Much like the Russians would torch their own farms, houses, sheds, storage, etc. during their retreat. But doing it immediatly would be nessecary when they can make use of your supplies almost instantly.
Old 2003-03-19, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

THat info about the mines is news to me. It's hilarious! So if I place three mines near my feet and wait for them to arm, I'm dead if I move, but not if I stay in one place and snipe.

LLAMA CAGING FOR EVERYONE!
Old 2003-03-19, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Moleculor
Sergeant

THat info about the mines is news to me. It's hilarious! So if I place three mines near my feet and wait for them to arm, I'm dead if I move, but not if I stay in one place and snipe.
Umm... That's assuming that mines aren't smart, and will go off near friendlies.

Heh. I'd love to be able to hack mines and make 'em mine instead of the enemies. Hehehe...
Old 2003-03-19, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Well, I don't mean necessarily caging friendlies. Llama caging could imply caging a friendly OR an enemy.

But it's so ideal, would be SO satisfying. They'd be dead, no hope for them, and the best part is that they would pretty much be committing suicide. So either they suicide, I kill them, or they sit out there forever . . . all alone . . .

If you can do this at release, I am steealther all the way. I would even devote an Outfit dedicated to llama-caging.
Old 2003-03-19, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The stealther could have silent run, which almost every stealther should and probably will get.
You'd be surprised. I know if I were an Infiltrator I wouldn't be doing much running anyway, and I'd be more worried about Darklight Vision than Audo Amplifiers too.

Plus, people will get better at general "pay attention" stuff, like listening for footsteps and looking for that visual disturbance that shows an infiltration suit on the move.
Doors opening with nobody walking through is the #1 tipoff.
Old 2003-03-19, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Moleculor
Umm... That's assuming that mines aren't smart, and will go off near friendlies.

Heh. I'd love to be able to hack mines and make 'em mine instead of the enemies. Hehehe...
do we know if mines are smart?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion