Planetside 2 Graphic Novel - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-05-03, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Graphics Novel

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Any word from SOE on permissions for doing a fan-supported version?

Regardless, you have incredible talent and should continue developing this when you have time. Awesome!
Still no word from SOE, I'll try asking a bit more directly today. I personally don't feel like its up to par for what I want it to be, but with time constraints and such its what I came up with. It was rushed for the most part, just to see how it would come out. Glad you like it!

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Dude! Quit your job, dumb your girl, ignore your friends, destroy your phone, and then do this stuff 24/7! Its awesome! And if you need a story to tell, I got some ideas. ;-)
HAHA! Thanks Basti, I really wish I could do this full time. I had a lot of fun putting it together, and my fiance was very supportive during the entire process. She's a ginger and urged me not to draw Genny with red hair, but since the character was already established she requested I not give her huge breasts

I certainly have a lot of story ideas that would basically be excuses to make some pretty epic scenes, maybe we can throw some ideas around if something comes from this.

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
Nice drawings, the story/text itself however lacks a pun or something to make it interesting.
Don't blame me for the story haha, I just took what was already established and made a graphic representation of it. The full story is available here.

Originally Posted by Alduron View Post
I love it. You should consider doing this for all the back stories. ^.^
That's the plan if I can somehow find a way to do this full-time. I want each empire to have a very different feel with specific fonts for each empire, and of course their respective empire specific colors. Really awesome potential with all of this, I can feel it. I'll try contacting someone about it and see what happens.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Graywolves
General

I enjoyed this. If you enjoyed it as much or more than I did in creating it then you really should do more. Maybe have someone write you stories to work with or come up with some things your own.
Old 2012-05-03, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Great job. I want to see all of Jones' comrades flirt with and pursue her. While little do they know, she's sneaking out at night to be with her secret New Conglomerate lover. Oh ya, and then one night during a rendezvous, two beautiful bodies holding each other tight in the grass, below the Auraxium Moon, when a spotlight hits them and the air buzzes and swirls about them as Mosquitos hover above them.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-05-03, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Great job. I want to see all of Jones' comrades flirt with and pursue her. While little do they know, she's sneaking out at night to be with her secret New Conglomerate lover. Oh ya, and then one night during a rendezvous, two beautiful bodies holding each other tight in the grass, below the Auraxium Moon, when a spotlight hits them and the air buzzes and swirls about them as Mosquitos hover above them.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2012-05-03, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Saieno
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Edit: Nevermind, not worth it.

Glad everyone is enjoying the concept so far! I'll let ya'll know if anything develops with SOE. Thanks again!

Last edited by Saieno; 2012-05-03 at 11:05 AM.
Old 2012-05-03, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Raymac
Brigadier General

KICK FUCKING ASS, SAIENO!!!

I've literally been waiting for somebody with talent to do this ever since the stories first started coming out. Please, pretty please with a cherry on top...continue with this. The stories need you.

Old 2012-05-03, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kipper
Captain

Really, really well drawn!

Couple of spelling mistakes - not a criticism because it doesn't take anything away from what you've done, I'm just pointing it out so you know.

That said, someone at SoE should definately be sending you a cheque and asking you to draw all of the back stories and comm link entries from the official site.
Old 2012-05-03, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Firedorn
Private

Do it...I'll read it. Great job and keep up the good work.
Old 2012-05-03, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Saieno View Post
In a thread a few days ago I posted up a sketch titled Calm Before the Storm, depicting some Terran Republic soldiers preparing for battle. Zekeen asked why I hadn't started making a graphic novel yet, and other members of the community such as Tcakes, headcrab13, Cosmical, Kipper, Graywolves, and Raka Maru shared his sentiments. Having never attempted a graphic novel before, I decided to give one page a shot just to see how it goes.

The story is not written by me, and is taken directly from the lore stories posted at Planetside2.com. Some of the content seems outdated now, such as Bolt Drivers being a New Conglomerate specific weapon. Anyway I hope you like this first attempt. As I get used to the workflow and format the quality should improve as well. Thanks and enjoy!

looks damn sexy, my friend!
Old 2012-05-03, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

MAN!! It looks AWESOME! Good job, can't wait to see more! =D

Keep it up
Old 2012-05-03, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Saieno View Post
Still no word from SOE, I'll try asking a bit more directly today. I personally don't feel like its up to par for what I want it to be, but with time constraints and such its what I came up with. It was rushed for the most part, just to see how it would come out. Glad you like it!
Considering how little time you had to work on it, it's all the more impressive. Definitely let us know what SOE says, as it seems like 100% of the community is backing you so far.

You absolutely deserve to work in the games industry, and it would be awesome to see you get your start through this project.
Old 2012-05-03, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Kick ass.
Old 2012-05-03, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Akemo
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post
And if you need a story to tell, I got some ideas. ;-)
"Basti frags Higby. He stealthily hides behind a rock, waiting for the Higby to respawn. Then, Basti scores another kill on Higby, only to wait for another respawn." is NOT a good idea for a graphic novel. Just sayin'.

J/K Basti, you're always a good addition to these forums and the AGN

And, I really like your first attempt for the graphic novel Saieno. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from ya =D
Old 2012-05-03, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Shogun
Contributor
General

great work man!
looking forward for more!
i stopped reading the lore storys after the first 2 or 3. but a graphical novel of this quality would make it fun to read!

its so awesome, how many exceptional talented people are part of our small community! planetside 2, a game made by artists, for artists

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-05-03, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

Love it, I'm just not into reading I like flash flashy things instead, but good work looks very smart!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion